Game Discussion: Trials Evolution

Ninja levels?

• HiradCHiradC352,059
    Posted on 26 May 12 at 20:49
    Hey guys and girls.

Just wondered if anyone like me struggles with this influx of custom tracks that require 'ninja skills'.

I'm pretty good at trials now, by no means amazing but have completed the game with all achievements, have gold on every level including extremes...still got a couple tournaments to go.

So now my main challenge is downloading custom extreme tracks which are just as good if not better than the normal ingame levels. I do alright on them normally using the download:rating ratio (you can only rate once completed) as an indicator of difficulty, can usually manage if about 1 in 20 have completed it.

However these ninja levels I just can't complete, I barely understand them. I know the top players have so much more control and watching leaderboard videos you can see how precise they are. Even watching leaderboards for ninja levels tho I'm struggling on the 1st obstacles, like where you have to flip upside down catch your back wheel on some pipes and reverse to fly along the pipe. Seems like they're purely unintended features that abuse the physics.

So any tips? wink
    take me seriously at your own risk
  • PHT999PHT9991,421,470
    Posted on 28 May 12 at 22:41
    I have not seen these "ninja" levels? what makes them different from normal extremes?
  • HiradCHiradC352,059
    Posted on 29 May 12 at 16:08
    like I said it's none of the 'normal' physics involved in levels. Lots involve dual pipes where when you land on them if you rev you fly along them, whether it means you end up driving vertically, or sometimes just land upside down on back wheel and reverse.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7oYuHm0mNw
    here's an example, so basically without prior knowledge there's no way I'd figure out how to get past these checkpoints. or even when I know can do it lol
  • PHT999PHT9991,421,470
    Posted on 29 May 12 at 22:53
    looks insane, will be trying these tomorrow!
  • HiradCHiradC352,059
    Posted on 30 May 12 at 20:58
    cool, lemme know how you get on. have now completed a couple of them. there's some really hard stuff tho which I have to admit is beyond me (preferably before smashing my controller!)
  • S P 4 C E YS P 4 C E Y402,693
    Posted on 31 May 12 at 00:01
    the catching the rear of the bike and spinning round is stupid. Non-intended physics shouldn't be part of this game- even in user-created stuff.

that being said some of that was was incredible.
  • HiradCHiradC352,059
    Posted on 31 May 12 at 06:09
    I know what you mean but it's not like you have the opportunity to use much of this on other levels so doesn't bother me much. most of the levels do advertise that 'ninja skills' required so don't see much harm in it.
  • JehugasmJehugasm649,610
  • s3bb86s3bb86569,460
    Posted on 21 June 12 at 08:44
    yeah, those ninja tracks are insane. i'm pretty good at trials (platinum on all easy to hard tracks and on one extreme track) but I have no chance to beat them. but i think, it's great to have some really advanced stuff for the real experts from custom content. I wouldn't like it, if it were in the original game, but in this way, it is a good thing.
    If I feel sad, I stop being sad and feel awesome instead.
  • Snow BrigadeSnow Brigade190,705
    Posted on 06 July 12 at 01:19
    I'm fairly certain that 'ninja' strictly refers to the abused physics of the game like you mention; "flip upside down catch your back wheel on some pipes and reverse to fly along the pipe".

I personally hate the crap out of them. Too many times I've spent a half hour on an obstacle trying every possible thing, just to watch the leader board video after and realize that I was supposed to do an endo and catch my tire on a pipe 10 feet in the air and fling myself up unbelievably unrealistically facepalm
    http://youtu.be/qnQvY5kQKwA
  • HiradCHiradC352,059
    Posted on 06 July 12 at 16:09
    I'm now not bad at them, a couple of the tricks I'm still not greatly consistent at and they keep coming up with new ways of using them which is cool
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads