The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up August 16th, 2022

• Posted on 16 August 22 at 08:00, Edited on 16 August 22 at 08:01 by SMOLDERPICKEM44
    I got Prey and debating on Syberia or WWE battlegrounds......or both🤷‍♂️ I really want a wrestling game!!!
    If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have Hot Dogs!!!
  • SoulyDconteSoulyDconte455,714
    Posted on 16 August 22 at 08:06
    NullKueste921 said:
    SoulyDconte said:
    This is the first time I have seen Syberia 3 on sale!
    question: to get all Rage 2 DLC content I have to buy the deluxe and buy in-game currency to get the last DLC, Terrormania through the in-game store? (what a shit practice If that's the case)
    You got it. I'm still clinging to the hope that the "rage coins" (peak of creativity right there) go on sale some day, but I'm waiting literal years now.
    I don't remember any form of in-game currency to be on sale at any time except for the usual 10% off with Game pass. you'll probably "rage" quit before that happens laugh
    though upon checking the price for Terrormania, it's 500 rage coins = 4.99$. can get the full content for 20$ this week.
    I sometimes wonder, I'm hunting achievements or they're haunting me?
  • SoulyDconteSoulyDconte455,714
    Posted on 16 August 22 at 08:10, Edited on 16 August 22 at 08:10 by SoulyDconte
    SMOLDERPICKEM44 said:
    I got Prey and debating on Syberia or WWE battlegrounds......or both🤷‍♂️ I really want a wrestling game!!!
    Keep in mind that the last time Syberia 3 saw any kind of price drop was in 2017!
    I sometimes wonder, I'm hunting achievements or they're haunting me?
  • EbizuEbizu1,103,833
    Posted on 16 August 22 at 09:53
    Good sales.
  • Posted on 16 August 22 at 10:21
    SoulyDconte said:
    SMOLDERPICKEM44 said:
    Keep in mind that the last time Syberia 3 saw any kind of price drop was in 2017!
    Dang...just bought it, now I'm thinking of getting Syberia 2 (still got my 360) shame Syberia 1 is unavailable
    If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have Hot Dogs!!!
  • Posted on 16 August 22 at 11:56
    jasonlc3221 said:
    The Cripplers said:
    One day The Outer Worlds expansion pass will go on sale for more than 20% off. I have no idea when that day is coming though.
    One day I'll finally start playing the Outer Worlds DLC

vegansound said:
    Oncogene27 said:
    A Krayt Dragon said:
    vegansound said:
    Different week, same deception... I'd love to say I'm waiting for the next big sales, certainly the most interesting ones, Black Friday, but when I saw what they proposed last year, I have no hope anymore. And my Reward points continue to grow, I don't know when I'll be able to use them. 😕
    How do you stockpile? I get the points from the Game Pass Quests but those expire after two months.
    The gift card balance you get from points expire. The points themselves never expire.
    How weird. The only times I have a countdown are when I trade some Reward points for currency credit ($5, 10... gift cards), I have 90 days to spend this money. But cumulating points has never been a problem for me, I already had 100,000+ Reward points in stock.

I don't know how to explain your trouble. Unless each time you have enough points you convert them into card gifts? That's not the best way to do.
    I wonder if the OP is on the auto redeem program where every month you get $10 for a little bit of a points discount. Definitely not worth it, IMO. I agree with others, I just bank them. Up until recently I had enough points to get a Series X for free (ha, as if you'll ever see one AVAILABLE in the MS Store), but then I cashed in for $100 to get several games on sale.
    Yep. Was auto-redeeming. Oops, haha.
  • R3f1CuLR3f1CuL1,028,782
    Posted on 16 August 22 at 11:59
    Not that I don't play them every once in a while for a palette cleanse but it's just hilarious how literally 70% of the sales are Far Cry and Assassin's Creed. Like if those 2 franchises quit going on sale, these sales would include almost nothing every week lol
    So it goes...
  • eayragteayragt292,521
    Posted on 16 August 22 at 15:23
    R3f1CuL said:
    Not that I don't play them every once in a while for a palette cleanse but it's just hilarious how literally 70% of the sales are Far Cry and Assassin's Creed. Like if those 2 franchises quit going on sale, these sales would include almost nothing every week lol
    That is a pretty loose usage of the word "literally"...

Anyway, this would have been me pulling the trigger on Grim Dawn, but Immortals hitting Games Pass will make me wait a little longer for that one.
    Say everything with a smile
  • KiRRAYNEKiRRAYNE641,364
    Posted on 16 August 22 at 15:55
    Highly recommend Grim Dawn if you like ARPGs
  • Guirec730Guirec730379,981
    Posted on 16 August 22 at 17:42
    I Boz l said:
    Guirec730 said:
    Also, since we are debating, Microsoft points expire in 18 months if you do not redeem them. I did not know that until today. I usually only last about 6 months until I hit a decent sale and burn em all...like last week!
    Not true.
    Directly from MS support page: "Microsoft Rewards points will expire if there are no earning activities within 18 months"
    Ah, I was reading a public QA forum that worded it somewhat differently.

So, if you don't use the program for 18 months, your points are gone. That shouldn't be a problem.
    State of the badass art.
  • jasonlc3221jasonlc32211,077,540
    Posted on 16 August 22 at 19:00, Edited on 16 August 22 at 19:00 by jasonlc3221
    EazyE2285 said:
    KatchPhrase420 said:
    jasonlc3221 said:
    I wonder if the OP is on the auto redeem program where every month you get $10 for a little bit of a points discount. Definitely not worth it, IMO. I agree with others, I just bank them. Up until recently I had enough points to get a Series X for free (ha, as if you'll ever see one AVAILABLE in the MS Store), but then I cashed in for $100 to get several games on sale.
    Series X is in stock RIGHT NOW on the Microsoft store if you want one. Says you have to build a bundle, but you don't have to add anything other than the console.
    Yeah in MS store I've been able to take one all the way to cart for a month or two now. Was holding off though as there isn't really a ton of incentive to ug RIGHT NOW.
    That's good to know. Wonder why the MS Store on Xbox doesn't show that feature, cuz that's where ice always gone to look. But I just look for fun-sees cuz I was lucky (and patient) enough to nab one on pre-order day back in 2020.
  • Posted on 16 August 22 at 21:11
    Aww, I got excited there when I suddenly saw Quake 2+3. Turns out they are for PC. :(
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285662,338
    Posted on 16 August 22 at 21:26
    jasonlc3221 said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    KatchPhrase420 said:
    jasonlc3221 said:
    Series X is in stock RIGHT NOW on the Microsoft store if you want one. Says you have to build a bundle, but you don't have to add anything other than the console.
    Yeah in MS store I've been able to take one all the way to cart for a month or two now. Was holding off though as there isn't really a ton of incentive to ug RIGHT NOW.
    That's good to know. Wonder why the MS Store on Xbox doesn't show that feature, cuz that's where ice always gone to look. But I just look for fun-sees cuz I was lucky (and patient) enough to nab one on pre-order day back in 2020.
    Just checked again as the box the one Amazon shipped me this past weekend was damaged so might just send that one back to them for a refund.

$542.49 on the store after tax. Shipping is free and described with this : Shipping method Expedited - Free Estimated delivery 2-3 business days

So they're in stock there for sure with that quick of delivery.
  • iMikeZeroiMikeZero683,890
    Posted on 17 August 22 at 03:07
    Avoid PONG Quest at all costs.
  • Posted on 17 August 22 at 03:10
    Gonna have to be Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway for me! Highly recommend Prince of Persia and the Rayman games as well.
    WeavingPlacebo7
  • EMBICKEMBICK325,570 325,570 GamerScore
    Posted on 17 August 22 at 03:47
    same old same old recycled games the ac games and far cries are always on sale it would be nice if payday 2 was ever onsale they want 35 digital
  • koarkoar723,941
    Posted on 17 August 22 at 08:45
    meh
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm582,200
  • EvilOverlordEvilOverlord298,732
    Posted on 21 August 22 at 07:16
    LumonRefiner said:
    Another sale and again River City Girls isn't included. Since the game left Game Pass I have been waiting for it to be included in a sale. Ubisoft games on the other hand...
    Might a good idea to pick up the Season Pass for it though, since that's probably not coming to Game Pass.
  • ElusiveEagleElusiveEagle1,138,807
    Posted on 23 August 22 at 09:21
    SoulyDconte said:
    NullKueste921 said:
    SoulyDconte said:
    This is the first time I have seen Syberia 3 on sale!
    question: to get all Rage 2 DLC content I have to buy the deluxe and buy in-game currency to get the last DLC, Terrormania through the in-game store? (what a shit practice If that's the case)
    You got it. I'm still clinging to the hope that the "rage coins" (peak of creativity right there) go on sale some day, but I'm waiting literal years now.
    I don't remember any form of in-game currency to be on sale at any time except for the usual 10% off with Game pass. you'll probably "rage" quit before that happens laugh
    though upon checking the price for Terrormania, it's 500 rage coins = 4.99$. can get the full content for 20$ this week.
    If you have Game Pass, the cheapest option is to buy the 2500 Rage Coin pack ($17.99 after a 10% Game Pass discount) as you can then use these coins to "buy" the Deluxe Upgrade (2000 Rage Coins) and TerrorMania DLC (500 Rage Coins). See Warning: DLC require extra bethesda account.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.