Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Far Cry Anthology Bundle heavily discounted on Xbox Store

• DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs345,254
    Posted today at 10:03
    Ubisoft's Far Cry Anthology Bundle is currently available with more than half of its price knocked off on the Xbox Store and includes four mainline Far Cry games; perfect for anyone yet to experience the franchise.

Please click here to read the full story: Far Cry Anthology Bundle heavily discounted on Xbox Store
  • TheBongoFuryTheBongoFury900,666
    Posted today at 10:13
    What is the use of the discount when you still need to spend a ton of money on season passes? roll
  • Posted today at 10:13
    Shouldn’t this have primal and new dawn as well as all dlc?
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,807,878
    Posted today at 10:30, Edited today at 10:31 by EarthboundX
    Honestly you might still be able to get physical copies of at least half of the games for less than that price. If it came with all the DLC and other content it would be worth it though.

I got FC5 and 6 for about 10 bucks each for example from Gamefly at one point.
  • Chronic KillerChronic Killer3,063,176
    Posted today at 10:32
    I feel like anyone that wanted to play the far cry games would of gotten them in a sale already, they're literally on sale once a month
  • MasterHouzeMasterHouze664,457
    Posted today at 10:48
    Endless boring tasks, edless DLCs, not worth it... Learned to run away from those kind of games, they are just hype, not actually fun or good
    https://silvestre.work/
  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz1,620,872
    Posted today at 11:01
    Ubisoft+ incoming…wink
    Matthew
  • Posted today at 11:02
    MasterHouze said:
    Endless boring tasks, edless DLCs, not worth it... Learned to run away from those kind of games, they are just hype, not actually fun or good
    Yeah same, stopped playing FC after FC3.
    They are just too tedious and boring.
  • Not JonniNot Jonni1,215,445
    Posted today at 11:07
    Just my two cents, but this is a steal. Those saying about physical copies forget that digital consoles exist, Far Cry 3, 4 and 80% of 5 are great. Still havent played enough of 6 to give an answer other than it's too big of a map
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer1,971,424
    Posted today at 11:07
    That's a terrible price to be honest, especially since it doesn't include the Gold Editions.
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer1,971,424
    Posted today at 11:30
    Not Jonni said:
    Just my two cents, but this is a steal. Those saying about physical copies forget that digital consoles exist, Far Cry 3, 4 and 80% of 5 are great. Still havent played enough of 6 to give an answer other than it's too big of a map
    It's not a good price. Buying everything seperately is the better deal. You'll end up having the same stuff but you additionally get the FC5 Season Pass for only $3 more.
    You should get a deep discount if you buy a big package like this but in reality it's a waste of money. This needs to be at minimum $10 cheaper.

Besides, it's not a good idea to buy the base versions of Ubisoft games when you know that you want the season passes as well. Gold Editions will end up being just as expensive as the season passes when on sale.
  • Latinfla4Latinfla41,082,635
    Posted today at 11:46
    Physical copies are about a 3rd of that price...when I clicked on the article i thought it was like a 10 dollar bundle😂
  • VeedrockVeedrock643,208
    Posted today at 11:49, Edited today at 16:08 by Veedrock
    I agree this isn't a good deal, the best it does is save you $5 over the individual games combined. Now consider the bundle is only worthwhile if you don't own any of the games, which 4 and 5 are among the most played games on this site so the target audience here on TA isnt very big. Then factor in that youll have four full length games to play through; unless you plan to marathon the games back-to-back they'll be on sale again before you play them all. By then 5 and 6 will likely be even cheaper, dropping the combined price of these games lower than this bundle.

Finally as others have mentioned there's the lack of any DLC in this bundle. You can get FC4 Gold and FC5 Gold (which includes FC3) for $34 USD, then you can wait for a steeper discount on FC6. Even if you must have FC6 right now that makes the combined total $58 USD, with that extra $8 being a much better deal than buying the standalone 4+5 DLC on top of this bundle.

This is a sucker's deal designed to be appealing through convenience, not value. Savvy shopping pays off better than this. I'd expect a news article on a dedicated gaming site to inform people on the more savvy approach over simping a basic discount on an uninspired underwhelming bundle.
  • Posted today at 11:50
    Slow news day? Or a favour in exchange for an interview? incomplete collections missing titles and DLC are on sale most weeks, what makes this one special enough to get an article?
  • sticrsticr96,496
    Posted today at 12:17
    Imagine paying $50 to play the same game 4 times over 💀
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion848,500
    Posted today at 12:47
    TheBongoFury said:
    What is the use of the discount when you still need to spend a ton of money on season passes? roll
    Duly noted, but "need" is a strong word. Life is about choices.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • Posted today at 12:48
    FAR CRY 4 360 DLC SALE PLS :)

else go f yourself Ubisoft go sell out to the chinese or something
    Main GT: DutchxMonster
  • Posted today at 12:49
    Chronic Killer said:
    I feel like anyone that wanted to play the far cry games would of gotten them in a sale already, they're literally on sale once a month
    *Week

I have never ever seen a sale without a single Far Cry in months now
    Main GT: DutchxMonster
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm581,208
    Posted today at 13:16
    Except for FC6, the Gold Editions of the others have been discounted more than 67%
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion848,500
    Posted today at 13:27, Edited today at 13:28 by Boots Orion
    Allgorhythm said:
    Except for FC6, the Gold Editions of the others have been discounted more than 67%
    I know it's not FC, but the Complete Edition of AC Valhalla is by far the lowest it's been. Given I'm so behind in the series though (yet to start ACIII), that's still too much for me. $80+ is still a lot for a game I likely won't play for at least a couple years. Each game would take the better part of a month for me and I have so many other games to play as well.

That said, if it hits 75% off, it'll be hard to say no. Haha
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.