Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Grounded update adds Shared Worlds to Public Test

• DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs407,927
    Posted on 16 August 22 at 11:41
    Grounded players on the Public Test version via the Xbox Insiders Program can now access the Shared World feature, which allows your friends to host your world even when you're not online, and vice versa.

Please click here to read the full story: Grounded update adds Shared Worlds to Public Test
  • AaronJamesx38AaronJamesx381,434,984 1,434,984 GamerScore
    Posted on 16 August 22 at 12:16
    I wonder if we’ll see achievement worlds now
    AJ
  • VeedrockVeedrock712,104
    Posted on 16 August 22 at 12:24
    Wow this is really neat, shared saves are a dream feature that lots of games could use. I'd love this in Minecraft especially but they'll never do it when they can make money on Realms.

Once this goes public, assuming it's free, I'll be much more inclined to start this game. I love playing online games with my brother but being tethered to one's online status to keep playing is a hindrance, and this is the perfect solution!
  • Posted on 16 August 22 at 13:46
    BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL DAY. This is exactly what this game needed, was very frustrating building a world with a friend and not being able to play in unless he was online
  • A Dank SlothA Dank Sloth484,229
    Posted on 16 August 22 at 13:50
    huge W
    -Aaron
  • BwF SmokeBudnSFBwF SmokeBudnSF2,967,505
    Posted on 16 August 22 at 14:28, Edited on 16 August 22 at 14:29 by BwF SmokeBudnSF
    Yuck! Hopefully this fall under creativity mode and people can't unlock achievements. This would just ruin the game, people will be downloading cheated PC worlds
  • OniDestinyOniDestiny1,076,366
    Posted on 16 August 22 at 14:45
    I doubt create a achievement world will work.
    You have to kill some bosses who never spawn again.
    Or complete some labs. If they are already completed, you don't get the Achievement if you join the world. And as you have to complete the first lab to activate the others, I can be real difficult.
  • paramoreRyanparamoreRyan861,164
    Posted on 16 August 22 at 14:57
    Yeah even if people did make achievement worlds, at a quick look there's less than half of the achievements that would even be doable in a world like that.
  • Ham Vs GameHam Vs Game464,183
    Posted on 16 August 22 at 16:14
    I love it! Me and my girlfriend's son had an awesome world, but since I work quite a bit, he was never able to play it. Really excited for this feature.
  • LORDOFDOOKIE69LORDOFDOOKIE692,105,259
    Posted on 17 August 22 at 07:21
    BwF SmokeBudnSF said:
    Yuck! Hopefully this fall under creativity mode and people can't unlock achievements. This would just ruin the game, people will be downloading cheated PC worlds
    You wouldn’t be able to enjoy a game if other people get achievements in it?
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”
  • BwF SmokeBudnSFBwF SmokeBudnSF2,967,505
    Posted on 17 August 22 at 22:48
    I actually enjoyed playing this game. As an achievement hunter, shared worlds would strip all the fun from the game for me. Just selfish that way dance
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.