Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Call of Duty accused of plagiarism over another skin design

• CanezzaCanezza191,858
    Posted yesterday at 14:14
    Activision is facing fresh allegations of plagiarism over a new Call of Duty: Warzone and Call of Duty: Vanguard skin that looks similar to a design from Dr Disrespect's upcoming first-person shooter, Deadrop.

Please click here to read the full story: Call of Duty accused of plagiarism over another skin design
  • Skanker irlSkanker irl936,588
    Posted yesterday at 14:19
    Ruh roh.
    Pick it up, pick it up, pick it up!
  • PMS LT DavidPMS LT David412,156
    Posted yesterday at 14:35
    Nah, I've see hundreds of characters that look similar. Just an unfortunate similarity so close together.
    The other skin they definitely ripped off, but this is a standard looking villain.
    I don't approve this message.
  • GR34TD3STR0Y3RGR34TD3STR0Y3R1,087,465
    Posted yesterday at 14:42
    This is one is already released. So if they do connect enough dots, not saying they will, as PMS does have a point, then they will have to pay out some money this time. Last time they just got rid of it before it was released.
    Chill out bro. Be nicer to each other.
  • ATCSATCS1,106,846
    Posted yesterday at 14:44
    100% plagiarism.
  • Oakley OCDOakley OCD156,818
    Posted yesterday at 14:52
    To many Stereo Thpe Narratives with Extremists on all sides.

Grow up and leave things alone and leave people alone.

I really wish we could go back to the days when we didn’t GEO-Tracking Devices (Cell Phones). You didn’t have to hear whose offended by something everyday and didn’t have to hear Morons feel they have a voice and everyone should agree with them. Seems like everyday more we go the more stupid things get shoved down throats.
  • Posted yesterday at 14:56
    Oakley OCD said:

I really wish we could go back to the days when we didn’t GEO-Tracking Devices (Cell Phones). You didn’t have to hear whose offended by something everyday and didn’t have to hear Morons feel they have a voice and everyone should agree with them. Seems like everyday more we go the more stupid things get shoved down throats.
    Are you ok?
  • Posted yesterday at 15:13
    Oakley OCD said:

Bro what the hell are you even talking about?
  • V I D D E OV I D D E O285,025
    Posted yesterday at 15:15
    Oakley OCD said:

I know a good Therapist if you need one buddy.
  • DrySpongeYTDrySpongeYT191,834
    Posted yesterday at 15:20
    Oakley OCD said:

What kind of crack are you smoking and who's your dealer because this sounds like some extremely high quality crack
  • Posted yesterday at 15:39
    Looks like Darksiders 2 & overwatch reaper fused
  • Posted yesterday at 15:54
    Their hiring department really needs to look more at their employee's art history
  • Posted yesterday at 16:01
    didn't Reaper have something similar also I swear I've seen similar skins like this for certain characters in MOBAs

Plus we all no deadrop is dead on arrival right
    A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage
  • Roose91Roose911,071,584
    Posted yesterday at 16:02, Edited yesterday at 16:02 by Roose91
    "However, not everyone believes that Activision has ripped off Midnight Society, with many saying that it simply could be a coincidence and that the skin is a classic sci-fi design that could potentially be seen in any game."

- What a load of old cobblers.
  • EchelonSixEchelonSix890,798
    Posted yesterday at 16:02, Edited yesterday at 16:02 by EchelonSix
    and nobody ever complained how the bulletstorm full clip game icon ripped of the bully icon. and they sit next to each other if you own both games.

also: what can i do about my ptsd because of the federal agents forced my at gunpoint to buy a videogame console, a geo tracking device and then they made me read news on this website? this is a bad world we live in. imagine living in a warzone with real problems.
  • The NotoThe Noto553,186
    Posted yesterday at 16:16
    EchelonSix said:
    also: what can i do about my ptsd because of the federal agents forced my at gunpoint to buy a videogame console, a geo tracking device and then they made me read news on this website? this is a bad world we live in. imagine living in a warzone with real problems.
    laughtoastlaugh
    Cheers!
  • S P 4 C E YS P 4 C E Y382,463
    Posted yesterday at 16:22
    Oakley OCD said:

Did you drop your keyboard before posting. Your words don't seem in order. Try again?
    Category 3 SFA Referee - PSIA Freestyle Ski Coach with M.A in Politics. Random huh?
  • psybOltOnpsybOltOn332,718
    Posted yesterday at 16:40
    I'd say it's a step forward, at least it's not a dog.
    Looking forward to wars where soldiers run around with glow in the dark masks.
  • SPOONYxBARDSPOONYxBARD1,156,376
    Posted yesterday at 16:42
    It's a coincidence, that design looks very basic. You could probably make an argument that it also looks similar to Tali from Mass Effect. I know it's fun to crap on Activision but I think some people will see whatever they want.
  • SpirochaeteSpirochaete2,457,508
    Posted yesterday at 17:13
    If they're gonna keep plagiarizing they better get better about it.

At least make it a different color glowing skull for instance.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.