Guides

A forum for game tips, tricks, and guide news articles.

Saint Row: Where to find all Collectibles

• Posted on 22 August 22 at 17:03
    Saints Row's map is packed with collectibles, and some of them are much harder to find than others. Here are the map locations and unlock criteria you'll need to track down the lot...

Please click here to read the full story: Saint Row: Where to find all Collectibles
  • The Wet ChefThe Wet Chef509,682
    Posted on 22 August 22 at 17:08
    This is a good guide toast
    Will be using it when i play the game clap
    There is NO stupid questions. Only stupid answers!
  • Dibbs93Dibbs931,473,971
    Posted on 22 August 22 at 17:14
    Are any of the collectables missable?
  • ShadowRaven9ShadowRaven9424,757
    Posted on 22 August 22 at 18:01, Edited on 22 August 22 at 18:04 by ShadowRaven9
    Just... some feedback. Feel free to delete this after you've read it. This post feels unnatural to the site. I "get" where youre trying to take the site (with the Multiversus stuff too) and I promote it too!

But the length of this "article" is SUPER long and the entire post could be copy and pasted into the achievement guide but it wasnt.

I think if you, the writers, want to make posts like this, you need to put them on a different tab. Or use color coding for the post (like red for Staff Guide) and add a special hook into the achievement (Staff Guide Here) for it to seem right.

Edit: I see you have a Blue "Guide" marker. Good enough but maybe could use some improvements? Are random guides good for the front page? My main point is that the achievement itself has no guide to it when you did all the work.

Thank you for the hard work making this, but it will be forgotten in months to come. All its doing right now it using digital website search engine magic to bring in a few new people (again, I dont mind this, but it needs to be fitting for our site culture).

Sincerely and with best intentions in the world, Shadowraven9
  • Posted on 22 August 22 at 18:05, Edited on 22 August 22 at 18:40 by BadRubberPiggy
    Dibbs93 said:
    Are any of the collectables missable?
    Pretty sure no, but there have been a few that haven't appeared where the clues suggest so could be that some require certain times of day, or are just a bit buggy. fwiw you only need 85/115 for the achievement, so it's not the end of the world if a few don't appear for whatever reason.
  • Corrupt XBACorrupt XBA4,051,252
    Posted on 22 August 22 at 18:10
    Wow, that was damn fast!
  • MartyFSMMartyFSM656,491
    Posted on 22 August 22 at 20:42
    ShadowRaven9 said:
    Just... some feedback. Feel free to delete this after you've read it. This post feels unnatural to the site. I "get" where youre trying to take the site (with the Multiversus stuff too) and I promote it too!

But the length of this "article" is SUPER long and the entire post could be copy and pasted into the achievement guide but it wasnt.

I think if you, the writers, want to make posts like this, you need to put them on a different tab. Or use color coding for the post (like red for Staff Guide) and add a special hook into the achievement (Staff Guide Here) for it to seem right.

Edit: I see you have a Blue "Guide" marker. Good enough but maybe could use some improvements? Are random guides good for the front page? My main point is that the achievement itself has no guide to it when you did all the work.

Thank you for the hard work making this, but it will be forgotten in months to come. All its doing right now it using digital website search engine magic to bring in a few new people (again, I dont mind this, but it needs to be fitting for our site culture).

Agreed 👍
  • SprinkyDinkSprinkyDink2,774,481
    Posted on 22 August 22 at 21:21
    MartyFSM said:
    ShadowRaven9 said:

Agreed 👍
    At the very least could have put all the images under a spoiler to contain it down a bit lol but yeah this is like a guide idk why it’s a news story
  • Posted on 22 August 22 at 21:28
    Nice guide. I want to collect them all.
  • N3RDZILLA 56N3RDZILLA 561,103,073
    Posted on 22 August 22 at 21:43
    SprinkyDink said:
    MartyFSM said:
    ShadowRaven9 said:

Agreed 👍
    At the very least could have put all the images under a spoiler to contain it down a bit lol but yeah this is like a guide idk why it’s a news story
    Double Agreed
  • Posted on 22 August 22 at 22:50
    "The Collector tasks you with getting hold of a whopping 85 of these."

I find this sentence to be rather humorous. Didn't Saints Row 4 have like 1000 of them to collect?
  • Posted on 23 August 22 at 00:12
    Corrupt XBA said:
    Wow, that was damn fast!
    I will never understand posts like this.smile If you see such articles / videos etc 1 day before release or on release day, then the person has the game mostly since 1-2 weeks ;)
  • ElyohElyoh1,100,800
    Posted on 23 August 22 at 07:33
    Is anyone here ever excited about collectables?
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Posted on 23 August 22 at 11:31
    Nerdzilla said:
    SprinkyDink said:
    MartyFSM said:
    ShadowRaven9 said:

Agreed 👍
    Double Agreed
    Respectfully disagree. Collectible guides in the News section makes sense for TA. I wish more games just put collectibles on the map like the Just Cause series.
  • MartyFSMMartyFSM656,491
    Posted on 23 August 22 at 17:38
    Frankie DrumsNY said:
    Nerdzilla said:
    SprinkyDink said:
    MartyFSM said:
    ShadowRaven9 said:

Agreed 👍
    Double Agreed
    Respectfully disagree. Collectible guides in the News section makes sense for TA. I wish more games just put collectibles on the map like the Just Cause series.
    Why only do it for Saints Row though? Lots of games have collectibles, I’m sure there have been others like this before but with achievement guides and walkthroughs being a thing it’s a bit silly.

Same with the “this week on gta” and “this week on fifa”. GTA is years old and most people are done with it despite the new versions etc, fifa was always one week behind whenever it came to whatever promotion was on so it always felt out of date.

Actual news, sales, and achievement list are more than required for the news part of this site. Hey that’s just my opinion though 🤣
  • XSniperNinjaXXSniperNinjaX1,476,314
    Posted on 23 August 22 at 17:51
    HI found this video on Youtube and i take no credit for this etc.Thank you.

Saints Row - All Collectible Locations (The Collector Trophy / Achievement Guide)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsswMUYLL1g
  • ShinnizleShinnizle2,110,411
    Posted on 23 August 22 at 17:53
    I do second the need for a spoiler tag 😅
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted on 23 August 22 at 20:10
    MartyFSM said:
    Frankie DrumsNY said:
    Nerdzilla said:
    SprinkyDink said:
    MartyFSM said:
    ShadowRaven9 said:

Agreed 👍
    Double Agreed
    Why only do it for Saints Row though? Lots of games have collectibles, I’m sure there have been others like this before but with achievement guides and walkthroughs being a thing it’s a bit silly.

Same with the “this week on gta” and “this week on fifa”. GTA is years old and most people are done with it despite the new versions etc, fifa was always one week behind whenever it came to whatever promotion was on so it always felt out of date.

Actual news, sales, and achievement list are more than required for the news part of this site. Hey that’s just my opinion though 🤣
    I'm fine with them doing this for additional games as well.
  • Posted on 23 August 22 at 20:17
    MartyFSM said:

A few points:
    1) It's not 'just Saints Row.' This kind of guide requires a lot of work, so we can only get something like this out early when we're fortunate enough to get games nice and early, which in this case, we did. This is something that took a lot of planning and putting together, and which should be useful to both TA members and off-site folks, plus it's no more difficult to skip over than any other news story if you're not interested in it.
    2) Weekly round-up articles are done, FIFA died a while back and the weekend's GTA one was the last. We tried something, it didn't really work, we moved on.
    3) News, sales, and list stories are at no risk of not happening or even slowing down based on one person hitting a new game hard with guide content. We have a good team and can get a lot done. This isn't instead of, but as well as all the traditional news content.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads