Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Soul Hackers 2 summons devilish achievement list

• Posted on 24 August 22 at 16:09
    Soul Hackers 2, the latest demon-summoning JRPG from Atlus, launches later this week for Xbox One, and we've just picked up the achievement list... this one looks like it might take a while.

Please click here to read the full story: Soul Hackers 2 summons devilish achievement list
  • RJ7RJ7285,221
    Posted on 24 August 22 at 16:22
    Wonder if we'll be able to cheese it by switching to hard mode just for the final boss?

Either way I'm excited for this clap
  • The CherishedThe Cherished1,569,900
    Posted on 24 August 22 at 16:51
    I was not aware this was coming to Xbox, Good Lord that's exciting!
  • stuntmanjbcstuntmanjbc1,433,375
    Posted on 24 August 22 at 17:11
    Sounds like a typical Atlus achievement list. They are pretty well known for their brutal lists in the past.
  • Posted on 24 August 22 at 17:50
    I saw on r/megaten someone had completed the game on PlayStation and had a post about it on psnprofiles. He said that you can switch to hard before the last boss fight to get that achievement. I think you can get all achievements in 2 playthroughs if you get max level or bond with all party members before you finish first playthrough.
  • Posted on 24 August 22 at 17:57
    I've got the game preloaded and ready to go but I think sales might suffer due to lack of PR around the game
    Hopefully it does well so we get more of these games for xbox
    A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage
  • RJ7RJ7285,221
    Posted on 24 August 22 at 18:15
    coolcallumcool said:
    I saw on r/megaten someone had completed the game on PlayStation and had a post about it on psnprofiles. He said that you can switch to hard before the last boss fight to get that achievement. I think you can get all achievements in 2 playthroughs if you get max level or bond with all party members before you finish first playthrough.
    Ooo good to hear
  • Posted on 24 August 22 at 18:40
    If someone didn't play Soul Hackers 1 would they be completely lost?
    https://youtube.com/u/streamfamily
  • Posted on 24 August 22 at 18:51
    Stream Family said:
    I read that more than a sequel this kind of a soft reboot for the series
  • RJ7RJ7285,221
    Posted on 24 August 22 at 19:16
    Stream Family said:
    Also heard that it's nearly completely separate.

The previous Soul Hackers came out in 97 so I feel like its a good idea to keep this a different story line.
  • Posted on 24 August 22 at 21:01, Edited on 24 August 22 at 21:02 by ZWEIFELundANGST
    I probably won’t 100% this game unless there will be a way to do it in one playthrough, but I look forward to playing it.
    I’ve played two Shin Megami Tensei games before, P3P and Devil Survivor Overclocked, and I liked them both very much even though I’m normally not a huge fan of JRPGs. I think it’s great that Atlus is bringing the franchise back to Xbox! smile
  • Posted on 24 August 22 at 22:09
    ZWEIFELundANGST said:
    I probably won’t 100% this game unless there will be a way to do it in one playthrough, but I look forward to playing it.
    I’ve played two Shin Megami Tensei games before, P3P and Devil Survivor Overclocked, and I liked them both very much even though I’m normally not a huge fan of JRPGs. I think it’s great that Atlus is bringing the franchise back to Xbox! smile
    Someone that beat it on psnprofiles said that you can blast through ng+ in about 4 hours with max level characters, skipping all cutscenes and side content. 4 hours does seem like a bit on an exaggeration, but who knows toast
  • Posted on 25 August 22 at 01:15
    RJ7 said:
    Stream Family said:

The previous Soul Hackers came out in 97 so I feel like its a good idea to keep this a different story line.
    I hope so. Devil Summoner only released in Japanese, Soul Hackers was only in English on 3DS (which you can't get anymore unless you have eShop money), and the Raidou Kuzunoha games were on PS2 I think. There's no way for someone who is trying to get into broader SMT to play any of the Devil Summoner series without emulation (and even then I'm pretty sure there are no English patches for DS or the original SH1).
  • Posted on 25 August 22 at 01:26
    I love me some Atlus RPGs. I'll definitely be picking this one up in the future.
  • Ryuukishi634Ryuukishi634689,810
    Posted on 25 August 22 at 14:16
    coolcallumcool said:
    ZWEIFELundANGST said:
    Someone that beat it on psnprofiles said that you can blast through ng+ in about 4 hours with max level characters, skipping all cutscenes and side content. 4 hours does seem like a bit on an exaggeration, but who knows toast
    I've also seen some people saying that having the premium edition DLC greatly speeds up the game.
  • AlgurAlgur376,490
    Posted on 25 August 22 at 14:50
    RJ7 said:
    Stream Family said:

I thought there was a Soul Hackers game for the 3DS. I remember my roommate played it back in the day. He wasn't a fan.
  • AlgurAlgur376,490
    Posted on 25 August 22 at 14:52
    IronInvoker47 said:
    RJ7 said:
    Stream Family said:

I hope so. Devil Summoner only released in Japanese, Soul Hackers was only in English on 3DS (which you can't get anymore unless you have eShop money), and the Raidou Kuzunoha games were on PS2 I think. There's no way for someone who is trying to get into broader SMT to play any of the Devil Summoner series without emulation (and even then I'm pretty sure there are no English patches for DS or the original SH1).
    It's available on Amazon for $65.

https://www.amazon.com/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Summoner-Hackers-N...
  • iMikeZeroiMikeZero686,131
    Posted on 29 August 22 at 15:19
    I’m ending my achievement streak at a year. I’m going to enjoy taking my time with this one without the pressure of daily achievements.
  • 粉丝游戏粉丝游戏1,005,342
    Posted on 29 August 22 at 15:20
    GAME PASS?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.