Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Check out all 19 River City Girls Zero Xbox achievements

• Posted on 27 August 22 at 02:58
    We have just picked up new achievements for River City Girls Zero. There are 19 achievements worth a total of 1,000 Gamerscore, 10 of which are secret.

Please click here to read the full story: Check out all 19 River City Girls Zero Xbox achievements
  • KJer25KJer25891,149
    Posted on 27 August 22 at 03:26
    Someone remind me, what is this game again? Some sort of prequel?
    Separation from base 1000 and DLC lists would be great. I’d love to see them bring back avatar awards, and make some sort of level up process.
  • supkrissupkris1,329,766
    Posted on 27 August 22 at 03:39
    I thought river city girls 2 was coming ? Is this the same?
    Be Simple. Be Honest
  • Posted on 27 August 22 at 04:07
    KJer25 said:
    supkris said:
    This is a remaster of the Super Famicom game Shin Nekketsu Kōha: Kunio-tachi no Banka from 1994, which I think is the first game that featured Misako and Kyoko as playable characters.
  • Escaflowne01Escaflowne01686,723
    Posted on 27 August 22 at 04:55
    I didn't know River City Girls Zero was coming to the Xbox so this was a nice surprise.
  • Johnny SinisterJohnny Sinister1,616,598
    Posted on 27 August 22 at 07:03
    Pretty unimpressive achievement list, but i do love the River City series.
  • HUN playmoreHUN playmore1,599,452
    Posted on 27 August 22 at 07:08
    FYI: this is a remaster of a very old game with essentially zero gameplay updates. It has nothing in common with River City Girls 1-2 other than the two girls are playable in both. What the devs did they essentially repackaged the old game through a custom emulator with a few extras:
    - new cover and system menus were drawn for the game in high quality
    - an anime intro and ending was made in the style of the game
    - there are brand new voiced manga custscenes
    - save state options were added
    Anyone who is interested in it should watch the Switch trailer to avoid disappointment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVFSbY8x1bA

To be fair this game looked pretty good for its time but it is nowhere near the modern deliberate pixelart games. It was never released outside Japan before!
  • KJer25KJer25891,149
    Posted on 27 August 22 at 13:58
    ZWEIFELundANGST said:
    KJer25 said:
    supkris said:
    This is a remaster of the Super Famicom game Shin Nekketsu Kōha: Kunio-tachi no Banka from 1994, which I think is the first game that featured Misako and Kyoko as playable characters.
    Yes! Thank you. I’ll probably still pick this up if it’s priced right.
    Separation from base 1000 and DLC lists would be great. I’d love to see them bring back avatar awards, and make some sort of level up process.
  • KJer25KJer25891,149
    Posted on 27 August 22 at 13:59
    HUN playmore said:
    FYI: this is a remaster of a very old game with essentially zero gameplay updates. It has nothing in common with River City Girls 1-2 other than the two girls are playable in both. What the devs did they essentially repackaged the old game through a custom emulator with a few extras:
    Anyone who is interested in it should watch the Switch trailer to avoid disappointment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVFSbY8x1bA

To be fair this game looked pretty good for its time but it is nowhere near the modern deliberate pixelart games. It was never released outside Japan before!
    Informative! It looks fine. I’m hoping it’s $20 or less.
  • SpirochaeteSpirochaete2,506,433
    Posted on 27 August 22 at 15:19
    HUN playmore said:
    Deliberate pixelart is an interesting way to put it.

But in my book, actual 16-bit > modern neo-pixel.

And smoothing filters ftw.
  • Guirec730Guirec730381,110
    Posted on 28 August 22 at 04:49
    Spirochaete said:
    HUN playmore said:
    Deliberate pixelart is an interesting way to put it.

But in my book, actual 16-bit > modern neo-pixel.

And smoothing filters ftw.
    I dunno, Carrion looked super cool.
    State of the badass art.
  • Jazzy201Jazzy2011,544,400
    Posted on 28 August 22 at 11:58
    HUN playmore said:

Very informative. I’ll knock it out if it ever hits GamePass-
    Game recognizes game playa...and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now-
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.