Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass adds Immortals Fenyx Rising and more

• V3ntilatorV3ntilator230,008
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 17:59
    I completed Fenyx 100% on PC last year but when i loaded the game from UBI Cloud on Xbox One, 0% of Achievements unlocked.
    Fenyx does not scan save game at all for earned achievements.
  • thatNoseyParkerthatNoseyParker1,836,627
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 21:02
    YuGabe said:
    thatNoseyParker said:
    For me, I've seen (XSX Vs Windows 11)
    - Aliens Fireteam Elite: 18 Vs 30GB
    - MSFS 43.7 (+59.8 if offline world selected)=103.5 Vs 123GB
    - Middle Earth SoW: 61.8 Vs 98.92GB
    - Powerwash: 4.7 Vs 5.07GB
    - Sea of Thieves: 73.3 Vs 83.42GB

These are just the ones I have installed
    Thanks, good to know. Have you seen anything to indicate the raw assets are different, or could it be a different delivery mechanism (maybe on PC the assets are uncompressed, but otherwise the same)? And IIRC Xbox does hardware compression too, but I'm not sure it's a factor here.
    I'm afraid I don't know, merely that PlayAnywhere doesn't mean same size
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong542,807
  • Duffman GBDuffman GB417,446
    Posted on 31 August 22 at 12:33
    IFR still owes me the cheveo for completing...poxy ubi! and the last mission took me a good while to complete, credits rolled (if memory serves) and no cheveo. The game actually owes me 3 at last count. I always have issues with achievements on Ubi games, see TEC and FC3/5 to name but three other games.
    Duffman says "Gears4Life"
  • GamePadZebbyGamePadZebby952,017
    Posted on 31 August 22 at 16:51
    qwe1313 said:
    superniceguy said:
    I wonder if all these Ubisoft games will leave GP when Ubisoft+ is available? With all these games in GP, it makes a hard sell to then sub to Ubisoft for an additional £13.99 per month. It will only be worth it like 2020 when loads of games like AC Valhalla, WD Legion and Fenyx all released about the same time
    It is really rare for a game in GP to leave earlier than after a year in a subscription. And I think that Fenyx and AC (I don't know WD Legion) are likely to stay for a year only because they are too big (so probably costly). But time will tell, in the end it all depends on money.
    I assume it wouldn't be the end of Ubisoft games in Game Pass. A couple of games are in both Game Pass and EA Play, I can imagine a similar marginal crossover
    youtube.com/GamePadStreaming twitch.tv/TheGamePadStreaming
    Posted on 31 August 22 at 21:26, Edited on 31 August 22 at 21:29 by TymanTheLong
    Duffman GB said:
    IFR still owes me the cheveo for completing...poxy ubi! and the last mission took me a good while to complete, credits rolled (if memory serves) and no cheveo. The game actually owes me 3 at last count. I always have issues with achievements on Ubi games, see TEC and FC3/5 to name but three other games.
    The game auto saves a permanent checkpoint (has a special icon in the saves list) right before you do Typhon’s final vault. If you know the puzzles you can redo that vault in 15 minutes or so, you could try redoing it and watching the ending cutscenes and credits again.

Equip Piercing Wisdom helm and Armor of Bright Divinity for instant charging Athena’s Dash that spews stamina orbs everywhere (so you can constantly do it), all the combat, even Typhon, becomes trivial. You can even bump the difficulty down to easy if you want.
  • Posted on 31 August 22 at 23:54
    Immortality can only be played on the Cloud? Is this a first or is there other games with this restriction? I'd just prefer to DL the dang thing rather than use who knows how much data it will take to play. At least if I DL it I know exactly how much I will be using.
  • Posted on 31 August 22 at 23:55
    OurEvilLetterP7 said:
    Immortality can only be played on the Cloud? Is this a first or is there other games with this restriction? I'd just prefer to DL the dang thing rather than use who knows how much data it will take to play. At least if I DL it I know exactly how much I will be using.
    Nope. I downloaded it.
  • ShadyShady140,599
    Posted on 01 September 22 at 01:28
    I don't know if this was a suprise addition or I just missed the whole news about it but Immortals Fenyx was a HUGE surprise to me!
    Not the best game or anything but I've always wanted to try it, yet I never bought it because I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not. Instantly downloaded and already played for a few hours, not a bad game at all! Love my GP
  • Duffman GBDuffman GB417,446
    Posted on 01 September 22 at 05:37
    TymanTheLong said:
    Duffman GB said:
    The game auto saves a permanent checkpoint (has a special icon in the saves list) right before you do Typhon’s final vault. If you know the puzzles you can redo that vault in 15 minutes or so, you could try redoing it and watching the ending cutscenes and credits again.

Equip Piercing Wisdom helm and Armor of Bright Divinity for instant charging Athena’s Dash that spews stamina orbs everywhere (so you can constantly do it), all the combat, even Typhon, becomes trivial. You can even bump the difficulty down to easy if you want.
    Thank you for the reply, I may well do this but I have probably moved on. I did enjoy my time with the game upon release, it certainly has charm.
    Duffman says "Gears4Life"
  • hammerpunchhammerpunch804,540
    Posted on 01 September 22 at 06:47
    Immortals Fenyx Rising was a totally okay game but man the ball puzzles man! They where so boring and repetitive. And a warning, all DLC is basically these boring puzzles. Hence why I will never finish this game myself headspin
    3 can keep a secret. If 2 are dead
  • qwe1313qwe1313366,210
    Posted on 01 September 22 at 08:19
    MasterShady XV said:
    I don't know if this was a suprise addition or I just missed the whole news about it but Immortals Fenyx was a HUGE surprise to me!
    There were (more reliable) rumours for about a month and confirmed news two weeks ago. But still I would say it was almost surprise addition ;-)
  • Posted on 01 September 22 at 16:14
    hammerpunch said:
    Immortals Fenyx Rising was a totally okay game but man the ball puzzles man! They where so boring and repetitive. And a warning, all DLC is basically these boring puzzles. Hence why I will never finish this game myself headspin
    I’m a hyper noob at the game, you’re referring to the constellations?

The first one took me far too long so I think I’m just going to watch walk throughs for the rest.

Based on this, I will probably only 1000/1000, that and I don’t feel like paying Ubisoft full price for DLC that’s been out for years.
    Posted on 01 September 22 at 22:14
    DriedMarlin8886 said:
    hammerpunch said:

The first one took me far too long so I think I’m just going to watch walk throughs for the rest.

Based on this, I will probably only 1000/1000, that and I don’t feel like paying Ubisoft full price for DLC that’s been out for years.
    The DLC is bad, definitely don’t buy it.

He’s talking about the Vaults of Tartaros with the various round ball puzzles that you have to push around because you can’t lift them even with the strength of Herakles heavy lifting upgrade. Fun fact you can use your hammer god power like a croquet mallet with them (there’s even an optional chest where this is the only way to get one). Charge the hammer to get air with them.

The first DLC went all in on the vaults and made them super long and super sucky. We’re talking having to glide most of the vault, hit air drafts, avoid laser beams, slow time in mid air and hit bow targets to unlock gates, etc. all with rarely landing. My least favorite, though, is the stupid floating boxes, having to move halfway across a vault by standing on one and throwing the next forward with Strength of Herakles, hop to it, repeat. Takes forever and is easy as heck to over throw or screw it up. None of that garbage is in the base game so just enjoy that. The DLCs don’t tell interesting stories, only provide cosmetics to the base game (no new gear), and have worse gameplay by far (especially The Lost Gods which is the hottest of hot garbage).
  • Posted on 02 September 22 at 00:17
    TymanTheLong said:
    DriedMarlin8886 said:
    hammerpunch said:

He’s talking about the Vaults of Tartaros with the various round ball puzzles that you have to push around because you can’t lift them even with the strength of Herakles heavy lifting upgrade. Fun fact you can use your hammer god power like a croquet mallet with them (there’s even an optional chest where this is the only way to get one). Charge the hammer to get air with them.

The first DLC went all in on the vaults and made them super long and super sucky. We’re talking having to glide most of the vault, hit air drafts, avoid laser beams, slow time in mid air and hit bow targets to unlock gates, etc. all with rarely landing. My least favorite, though, is the stupid floating boxes, having to move halfway across a vault by standing on one and throwing the next forward with Strength of Herakles, hop to it, repeat. Takes forever and is easy as heck to over throw or screw it up. None of that garbage is in the base game so just enjoy that. The DLCs don’t tell interesting stories, only provide cosmetics to the base game (no new gear), and have worse gameplay by far (especially The Lost Gods which is the hottest of hot garbage).
    The main game so far isn’t any better, I’ve been playing it and I may uninstall it, I do not like it
  • JohnnieMonkeyJohnnieMonkey1,664,686
    Posted on 02 September 22 at 00:28
    OurEvilLetterP7 said:
    It's a Series X game. Playable on Xbox One via cloud, but you'd need an X to install it.
    Posted on 02 September 22 at 00:51
    DriedMarlin8886 said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    DriedMarlin8886 said:
    hammerpunch said:

The main game so far isn’t any better, I’ve been playing it and I may uninstall it, I do not like it
    If the puzzles annoy you just go do other stuff and get more stamina and godly powers. A lot of that makes a ton of puzzles way easier.

Here’s a short primer I wrote, I hope it helps, I’d hate to see you give up on a great game. A Quick Primer for the Gamepass Newbies
  • Posted on 03 September 22 at 01:00
    TymanTheLong said:
    DriedMarlin8886 said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    DriedMarlin8886 said:
    hammerpunch said:

If the puzzles annoy you just go do other stuff and get more stamina and godly powers. A lot of that makes a ton of puzzles way easier.

Here’s a short primer I wrote, I hope it helps, I’d hate to see you give up on a great game. A Quick Primer for the Gamepass Newbies
    I ended up rebinding the controls because they are atrocious and I think it’s made the game much more enjoyable. Some of these dungeons are just pure dogshit.

Is there any way to just turn the narration off without losing the cut scene voices? I can’t stand the “humour” hahaha
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads