Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Games with Gold September lineup announced

• Posted on 30 August 22 at 22:04
    BadRubberPiggy said:
    SnarkLord1980 said:
    Hyped for this list.

And isn't October when the 360 games end? So we should still get one or two in October, and then that's it. Or was I reading the email I got wrong?
    October will be the first month to be Xbox One/Series games only. Will be interesting to see how they plan to handle things, as going from four games to two would likely ruffle a lot of feathers.

As for Portal 2, I'm planning an article for closer to the time to raise visibility on that co-op achievement and hopefully get more folks to help out. It's a damn solid game to close out 360 GwG, too.
    PSN is doing 3 games per month, so maybe Xbox will match that at least. Not going to mention the quality difference though....
    Hola
  • SPOONYxBARDSPOONYxBARD1,257,022
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 22:06
    I can see them moving BC games to semi frequent Game Pass perks.
  • Posted on 30 August 22 at 22:23
    HolyHalfDead said:
    I was sure it was going to be GTA4, as I bought it on sale 2 weeks ago. Same way I bought SR2 and it was GwG 2 weeks later.

At least now we can buy all the Xbox and Xbox 360 games we want without fear of them becoming free.
    FWIW there has never been a Rockstar game in Games with Gold. Only games I never worried about popping up on one of these announcements
  • GsO LightGsO Light210,600 210,600 GamerScore
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 22:35
    Is there any reason to renew gold if you're on 360 now? Every online game is dead, and they just took away the last good perk, two free (albeit bad) games a month, the only thing left is the gold discounts...
  • AbyssalOrc33AbyssalOrc33618,369
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 22:49
    GsO Light said:
    Is there any reason to renew gold if you're on 360 now? Every online game is dead, and they just took away the last good perk, two free (albeit bad) games a month, the only thing left is the gold discounts...
    Plenty of games are still online dude
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,189,447
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 22:50
    Nice, going out with a bang with Portal 2. Happy I can get rid of my physical version but I will miss the 360 games with gold.
  • Maughty BearMaughty Bear266,086
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 23:03
    Terrible as always
    ????????????????????????????
  • Posted on 30 August 22 at 23:06
    ngl these games are pog
    The Ferg
  • GsO LightGsO Light210,600 210,600 GamerScore
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 23:08
    AbyssalOrc33 said:
    GsO Light said:
    Plenty of games are still online dude
    Not any in my library besides call of duty, the ones that still have active servers are a wasteland
  • bLaKgRaVybLaKgRaVy1,092,829
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 23:14
    NShepherd N7 said:
    Do we have word on whether they will start providing 4 Xbox One/Series X games each month, or are we just getting two from now on?
    I don’t think it’s been revealed what they have planned, but knowing M$, they’ll probably just go with two X1/XSX games and that’s it. There’s no reason for them to offer more as they keep getting new subscribers for Game Pass.
    xboxachievements.com
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,096,189
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 23:14
    Decent month for sure
  • Posted on 30 August 22 at 23:53
    4 games I don't have is a plus. 3 I would have never looked at twice, not a plus. Hopefully this will be the LAST TIME we get an OG game. Portal 2 of course has multiple "viral" achievements which Is highly annoying to me. Oh well, GWG 360 goes out with a whimper as expected.
    GremlinLord615-Why not follow me on: Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram. Always willing if you're nice.
  • VjOnItGood81VjOnItGood81197,411
    Posted on 31 August 22 at 00:42
    I haven't been on Thrillville in a long time.
  • Omniscient AlOmniscient Al1,546,355
    Posted on 31 August 22 at 00:47
    First generation Xbox barrel bottom scraping. Lovely. I feel absolutely enchanted. I'd like to see Warhammer 40 000 space Warrior or whatever it's called. That would be pleasing.
    Al
  • DrySpongeYTDrySpongeYT218,651
    Posted on 31 August 22 at 01:10
    This is actually one of the rare few times the entire list has me interested to play. All them seem to be really fun games
  • benveaseybenveasey69,220
    Posted on 31 August 22 at 06:37
    Portal 2 being here is going to save me a few quid. Very happy with this last 360 games with gold.
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483321,326
    Posted on 31 August 22 at 08:02
    Already completed Portal 2 (great game) but the rest are meh.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • Posted on 31 August 22 at 09:00
    Gods Will Fall looks to have some frustrating achievements. At least for my skill level. laugh
    He who never made a mistake, never made anything at all
  • Posted on 31 August 22 at 09:38
    They phase out Xbox 360 games, but still also give Original Xbox game. Weird logic at Xbox Corp.
    I'm not Green, I'm not Blue. I'm Cyan.
  • Posted on 31 August 22 at 09:55
    KGI KlikoNL said:
    They phase out Xbox 360 games, but still also give Original Xbox game. Weird logic at Xbox Corp.
    360 games haven't been phased out yet. They're not officially leaving until after the GWG for October (I saw a tweet from Game Pass itself on Twitter.)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.