Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Games with Gold September lineup announced

• ShinnizleShinnizle1,633,530
    Posted yesterday at 10:05
    SnarkLord1980 said:
    KGI KlikoNL said:
    They phase out Xbox 360 games, but still also give Original Xbox game. Weird logic at Xbox Corp.
    360 games haven't been phased out yet. They're not officially leaving until after the GWG for October (I saw a tweet from Game Pass itself on Twitter.)
    Can you find the tweet? Everywhere I look seem to mention September being the last GWG month with Xbox 360 games.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted yesterday at 10:34
    Meh. Portal 2 is the best of the lot but I already have it. Kind of interested in Gods will Fall, so I guess that's okay. Thrillville is a waste of space to me. I've seen worse lineups.
  • Posted yesterday at 10:35
    SnarkLord1980 said:
    They say it will be "one of the last months", so I assume that means October will get the last two.

https://twitter.com/gamepasscounter/status/15646343733827174...
    They are not official Xbox.

Email that was sent around states: From 1 October 2022, the monthly games provided to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and Xbox Live Gold members via Games with Gold will no longer include Xbox 360 titles.
    I'm not Green, I'm not Blue. I'm Cyan.
  • Posted yesterday at 10:39
    SnarkLord1980 said:
    KGI KlikoNL said:
    They phase out Xbox 360 games, but still also give Original Xbox game. Weird logic at Xbox Corp.
    360 games haven't been phased out yet. They're not officially leaving until after the GWG for October (I saw a tweet from Game Pass itself on Twitter.)
    No where say, they have completed it. But it was announced months ago, but still also give out Original Xbox games. Even not matter if there still are 360 games or not. Everybody can see it is weird they are busy with, while still doing.
    I'm not Green, I'm not Blue. I'm Cyan.
  • YamorakYamorak665,069
    Posted yesterday at 10:41
    Would've been great for them to go out with a bang. The games aren't that bad this month (pleased with 3/4 myself), but they could've included 2 or more 360 games for the final month at least.
  • Posted yesterday at 11:16
    KGI KlikoNL said:
    SnarkLord1980 said:
    They say it will be "one of the last months", so I assume that means October will get the last two.

https://twitter.com/gamepasscounter/status/15646343733827174...
    They are not official Xbox.

Email that was sent around states: From 1 October 2022, the monthly games provided to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and Xbox Live Gold members via Games with Gold will no longer include Xbox 360 titles.
    So my assumption even from that is that we'll get 360 games on the 1st, but not the 16th.
  • Want2CtrlF4Want2CtrlF4339,951
    Posted yesterday at 11:34
    So if 360 games are not GWG after this will we get 4 Xbox one games or just 2?
  • Posted yesterday at 12:08
    A respectable end to GWG 360 with Portal 2.
  • Posted yesterday at 13:24
    Want2CtrlF4 said:
    So if 360 games are not GWG after this will we get 4 Xbox one games or just 2?
    Nothing has been said, so everyone is assuming it's just 2.
  • Posted yesterday at 14:30, Edited yesterday at 14:30 by AngryKamehameha
    If they're going to phase out free 360 games, I hope that also means they are also phasing out the xbox games as well...

And they could possibly start putting all the 360 games as backwards compatible so that players don't have to keep plugging in their 360s to play 360 games. imo
  • Posted yesterday at 15:44
    ijiekmotors said:
    Portal 2 is AMAZING, though I'm a bit personally miffed with it, I have two physical copies, a digital copy, and my bf has a copy, sooo... We're kind of swimming in it. But by God, it is one of the all time best 360 games IMO. A major improvement from Portal 1, and one of the only games I've played that gets 4.5/5. Don't let the co-op chevos put you off starting it. You won't regret it.
    Should I play the first game before it? If so, which version: standalone or orange box?
  • ASUnknown1ASUnknown1349,684
    Posted yesterday at 16:01
    MagicalMelon567 said:
    ijiekmotors said:
    Portal 2 is AMAZING, though I'm a bit personally miffed with it, I have two physical copies, a digital copy, and my bf has a copy, sooo... We're kind of swimming in it. But by God, it is one of the all time best 360 games IMO. A major improvement from Portal 1, and one of the only games I've played that gets 4.5/5. Don't let the co-op chevos put you off starting it. You won't regret it.
    Should I play the first game before it? If so, which version: standalone or orange box?
    The sequel is a fairly self-contained game so you don't really need to play the first game beforehand, but the story does continue from it in the sequel and it's an excellent game in its own right, so it's well worth playing it first if you can. I would say the standalone version is the better option because it's easier to complete than the Orange Box version which has the difficult challenge medal achievements.
  • ijiekmotorsijiekmotors400,344
    Posted yesterday at 16:33
    ASUnknown1 said:
    MagicalMelon567 said:
    ijiekmotors said:
    The sequel is a fairly self-contained game so you don't really need to play the first game beforehand, but the story does continue from it in the sequel and it's an excellent game in its own right, so it's well worth playing it first if you can. I would say the standalone version is the better option because it's easier to complete than the Orange Box version which has the difficult challenge medal achievements.
    could not have said it better myself. i think portal 1's story is simple enough that you don't need to play it to appreciate the story. and the inbetween comic is pretty optional too. portal 2 really is self contained. and portal 1 kind of lacks some of the level variety of portal 2, it is just test chambers and a boss fight at the end. you won't miss out too much by skipping it.

how i played on my old gt was portal 2, complete, then go back to portal 1 to play. as for versions, while orange box is harder to 100%, i do think it's more value for money, still alive is £10, and that can get you orange box for the same price, with two extra games. ^-^
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm582,334
  • torrens7760torrens7760171,614
    Posted yesterday at 17:00
    Oh crap, I might actually get Portal 2 - I only ever played it w/ my brother who would literally call me stupid whenever I messed up so I never wanted to play it again after that.
    Cogito ergo sum.
  • R0XX0R0XX0178,120
    Posted yesterday at 18:09
    Quick question if anybody knows of any alts in other regions
    R0XX0
  • Posted yesterday at 19:55
    Was hoping for the digital version of cloudberry kingdom on GWG for 360 on the last week but bada bing , guess il have to buy it
  • Posted yesterday at 20:32
    AngryKamehameha said:
    If they're going to phase out free 360 games, I hope that also means they are also phasing out the xbox games as well...

And they could possibly start putting all the 360 games as backwards compatible so that players don't have to keep plugging in their 360s to play 360 games. imo
    They can't make every game BC. There's a reason they stopped doing more BC games - The developers of said games need to agree and they also need a publisher willing to make them BC.
  • Posted yesterday at 21:35
    M4DE IN W4LE5 said:
    Was hoping for the digital version of cloudberry kingdom on GWG for 360 on the last week but bada bing , guess il have to buy it
    Cloudberry Kingdom isn't BC, so there was no chance it was going to be GWG.
    Hola
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.