Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Games with Gold September lineup announced

• AlcaJoeAlcaJoe386,749
    Posted on 31 August 22 at 21:50
    Veedrock said:
    For anybody doing Portal 2 co-op for the first time, you can gift an achievement to another player that's already beaten it by running the tutorial with them. It'll be a rare influx of new players, maybe TA can make a day of it?

Portal 2Professor PortalThe Professor Portal achievement in Portal 2 worth 233 pointsAfter completing co-op, complete Calibration Course online with a friend who hasn’t played before
    If anyone is willing to give their first time to me, please pm me. compute
  • Posted on 31 August 22 at 23:06
    AlcaJoe said:
    Veedrock said:
    For anybody doing Portal 2 co-op for the first time, you can gift an achievement to another player that's already beaten it by running the tutorial with them. It'll be a rare influx of new players, maybe TA can make a day of it?

Portal 2Professor PortalThe Professor Portal achievement in Portal 2 worth 233 pointsAfter completing co-op, complete Calibration Course online with a friend who hasn’t played before
    If anyone is willing to give their first time to me, please pm me. compute
    I've never played before, so give me an invite and we can play when it comes to GWG.
  • CenosisCenosis285,115
    Posted on 01 September 22 at 00:17
    Portal 2 is great news! I haven't played part 1 actually so I'm happy to get either one but part 2 in particular so this is great!

Gods Will Fall looks pretty decent and the other two look like what you would expect to see when checking out what the new Games with Gold are so no big surprises there.

Enjoy the games and the last 360 GwG everyone! :D
  • Posted on 01 September 22 at 00:22
    Cenosis said:
    Portal 2 is great news! I haven't played part 1 actually so I'm happy to get either one but part 2 in particular so this is great!

Gods Will Fall looks pretty decent and the other two look like what you would expect to see when checking out what the new Games with Gold are so no big surprises there.

The remaster of the first game was given as a GWG several months ago too.
  • Posted on 01 September 22 at 01:29
    What a great excuse to play Portal 2 again after all these years!
  • CenosisCenosis285,115
    Posted on 01 September 22 at 02:30
    SnarkLord1980 said:
    Cenosis said:

I'm not aware of that happening several months ago actually and I've had Gold for over two years now. I am aware of part 1 being a GwG about a month or two before I started my Gold subscription so I just barely missed out on being able to get that one actually so I assume you're referring to that GwG? Over two years is quite a bit longer than several months and I didn't know that was a remaster either I thought it was just a port or something.

I don't recall it being a GwG since then but I am getting old so if I'm mistaken then let me know and I'll look into it but I always claim the GwG every month regardless.

Coincidentally I totally don't remember claiming Thrillville: Off the Rails (which someone mentioned early in this thread) so I go and check my game collection and sure enough there it is but I honestly don't remember claiming it so it mustn't of looked too impressive to me at the time I guess. I'm pretty sure that I would of remembered Portal 1 being offered several months ago though cause I would like to have that game but the darn thing never goes on sale either. -_-
  • Pedle ZelnipPedle Zelnip958,459
    Posted on 01 September 22 at 02:35
    What a great game to end Xbox 360 GWG with. Only one I could think of that would've been better would be the Orange Box. :)
  • vgmkylevgmkyle194,026
    Posted on 01 September 22 at 03:16
    Still completely against them taking out 360 games, but what can you do?
  • Posted on 01 September 22 at 03:41
    Cenosis said:
    SnarkLord1980 said:
    Cenosis said:

I'm not aware of that happening several months ago actually and I've had Gold for over two years now. I am aware of part 1 being a GwG about a month or two before I started my Gold subscription so I just barely missed out on being able to get that one actually so I assume you're referring to that GwG? Over two years is quite a bit longer than several months and I didn't know that was a remaster either I thought it was just a port or something.

I don't recall it being a GwG since then but I am getting old so if I'm mistaken then let me know and I'll look into it but I always claim the GwG every month regardless.

Coincidentally I totally don't remember claiming Thrillville: Off the Rails (which someone mentioned early in this thread) so I go and check my game collection and sure enough there it is but I honestly don't remember claiming it so it mustn't of looked too impressive to me at the time I guess. I'm pretty sure that I would of remembered Portal 1 being offered several months ago though cause I would like to have that game but the darn thing never goes on sale either. -_-
    I just know I grabbed Portal: Still Alive (but you're right it's not a remaster), and I don't believe it was over 2 years ago, but maybe it was. My memory sucks.
  • KANEFAN84KANEFAN84285,828
    Posted on 01 September 22 at 05:32
    HolyHalfDead said:
    WhitestAFI2ICAN said:
    More garbage
    KANEFAN84 said:
    As suspected, all guff.
    Then it’s a good thing you like garbage and guff based on all the games you have played that got less than 4.62.
    I play decent games thanks.
  • Y2Kasper10Y2Kasper101,895,181
    Posted on 01 September 22 at 08:00
    Darkroder92 said:
    Thrillville again why ?
    Different game
    I like stuff
  • Y2Kasper10Y2Kasper101,895,181
    Posted on 01 September 22 at 08:04, Edited on 01 September 22 at 08:04 by Y2Kasper10
    This month is a prime example of why you can't go by reviews or word of mouth. A couple dozen geniuses who can't figure out Thrillville and Off the Rails are 2 different games
    I like stuff
  • Har MiggidoHar Miggido1,624,886
    Posted on 01 September 22 at 08:51
    Y2Kasper10 said:
    This month is a prime example of why you can't go by reviews or word of mouth. A couple dozen geniuses who can't figure out Thrillville and Off the Rails are 2 different games
    Haha. I was having a similar thought.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead707,132
    Posted on 01 September 22 at 19:56
    As I predicted, Microsoft are offering refunds to those that only paid for XBL Gold for Xbox 360 GwG (well anyone that signed up before they changed the ToS today).

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptions-billing/ma...

It does confirm there will still be Xbox One GwG. I know some people are hoping for more well known recent releases now, or 4 Xbox One games instead of 2, but it does not provide that information.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 03 September 22 at 15:13
    Good games so far! One last ride!
  • FinderKeeperFinderKeeper130,742
    Posted on 03 September 22 at 22:29
    Happy with Portal 2 as the last Xbox 360 game available with Games with Gold?
    Yes. The quality of the 360 GwG offerings definitely took a hit once Game Pass was introduced, though every so often there was a good one. As others have mentioned, I'm wondering if they will offer 4 XboxOne/XboxSeries games each month or use the opportunity to cut the offerings down to 2 per month (or split the difference and offer 3).
    "That was such über-pwnage." --Kyle Broflovski
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.