Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Dead by Daylight's Resident Evil: Project W live with six achievements

• VeedrockVeedrock712,104
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 16:54, Edited on 30 August 22 at 17:07 by Veedrock
    Collision Course requires DLC, while Outbreak Breakout would be considered title update. I don't like how TA splits the achievements, but I won't change any minds about that here.

I'm glad Wesker's power achievement isn't too grindy. Normally it'd be fairly luck based, but if you can befriend a couple survivors in the lobby it'll be done in no time flat.

Outbreak Breakout is gonna be the real grind here. First you gotta find the map which is luck, then you gotta escape properly (no mercy hatch or killer DC). You could use offerings to up the appearance rate, but killers like to DC when RPD is forced. Maybe with the rework/new variation it'll be less polarizing for killers, but if the scale swung too far in the killer's favor it'll make escape that much harder.

Adept Ada being worth less than Adept Rebecca is weird. Most Adepts are worth 20g, Leon/Jill were worth 10 (splitting the 20 between them basically), so why are these uneven.
  • Posted on 30 August 22 at 16:55
    Mador said:
    Not looking forward to the Outbreak Breakout achievement. Otherwise, pretty straightforward.
    Im gonna get tired of that map real quick lol
  • LonesquiffLonesquiff580,436
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 16:57
    Odd. Seems Collision Course and Outbreak Breakout should be swapped. Up until now anyone could do the title update achievements regardless of owning the dlc. Collusion Course can only be done by Mastermind since he is the only killer who can throw survivors while anyone can go to the rpd map.
  • EKaffeinatedEKaffeinated152,040
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 16:57
    I guess I will have to count up how many Raccoon City map offerings I have laying around.
  • EKaffeinatedEKaffeinated152,040
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 16:58
    Lonesquiff said:
    Odd. Seems Collision Course and Outbreak Breakout should be swapped. Up until now anyone could do the title update achievements regardless of owning the dlc. Collusion Course can only be done by Mastermind since he is the only killer who can throw survivors while anyone can go to the rpd map.
    I had thought this as well.
  • SprinkyDinkSprinkyDink2,523,306
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 16:59
    Might start playing this for fun again. Wish the the take 250 protection hits wasnt as long. Grinding it out I literally get hate mail and people telling me I’m reported all the time
  • Latinfla4Latinfla41,208,466
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 17:07
    I hope you all had time to upgrade to a series x or series s if not enjoy the resident evil slowdown anniversary😂.
    On the bright side that means less killer queue times so that killers dont have to wait more than 15 minutes for a game🤔
  • A Dank SlothA Dank Sloth484,229
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 17:08
    Just happy to be playing for something again. Bought this the second I woke up and been having a great time.
    -Aaron
  • Posted on 30 August 22 at 17:16
    Veedrock said:
    Collision Course requires DLC, while Outbreak Breakout would be considered title update. I don't like how TA splits the achievements, but I won't change any minds about that here.

I'm glad Wesker's power achievement isn't too grindy. Normally it'd be fairly luck based, but if you can befriend a couple survivors in the lobby it'll be done in no time flat.

Outbreak Breakout is gonna be the real grind here. First you gotta find the map which is luck, then you gotta escape properly (no mercy hatch or killer DC). You could use offerings to up the appearance rate, but killers like to DC when RPD is forced. Maybe with the rework/new variation it'll be less polarizing for killers, but if the scale swung too far in the killer's favor it'll make escape that much harder.

Adept Ada being worth less than Adept Rebecca is weird. Most Adepts are worth 20g, Leon/Jill were worth 10 (splitting the 20 between them basically), so why are these uneven.
    Lonesquiff said:
    EKaffeinated said:
    Lonesquiff said:
    I had thought this as well.
    Just grabbed the wrong one for the article after the split folks. It'll be corrected shortly. You are indeed correct that Collision Course and Outbreak Breakout should be swapped. toast
  • Posted on 30 August 22 at 17:34
    Fixed, error caused when we had to manually split them up as it came in as one set of six... thanks for highlighting!
  • DoberkiinDoberkiin745,921
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 18:52
    Love all the additional content on this game, may it never stop. Never
  • gobey17gobey17931,528
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 20:06, Edited on 30 August 22 at 20:06 by gobey17
    20 gate escapes on RPD? Talk about overkill - 10 would have been enough at most!
  • No PoliticsNo Politics1,163,489
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 20:11
    So isn’t RPD two maps now? I know, I agree 20 times is a bit much, but at least the odds are….slightly….better.
  • Wish2Die4UWish2Die4U442,696
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 20:28
    Love the update so far. Wesker is a fun killer for sure!
  • Posted on 30 August 22 at 20:36
    Can anyone confirm if you have to actually be the one to open the gate on RPD or is it just escaping?

Also, splitting the map into 2 didn't do anything, it actually feels even larger now but at least they opened it up a bit
  • VeedrockVeedrock712,104
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 21:55, Edited on 30 August 22 at 22:04 by Veedrock
    No Politics said:
    So isn’t RPD two maps now? I know, I agree 20 times is a bit much, but at least the odds are….slightly….better.
    Map selection goes by Realm first, then variant, so the odds are the same. That said I've gotten the map like 5 times today, maybe the rates are temporarily increased for the DLC launch.

Moo Moo Dairy said:
    Can anyone confirm if you have to actually be the one to open the gate on RPD or is it just escaping?
    It appears you have to open the gate. Did a coop game where I opened it and we both escaped, I got progress but my buddy didn't.
  • II Dish IIII Dish II2,137,092
    Posted on 30 August 22 at 21:58
    Moo Moo Dairy said:
    Can anyone confirm if you have to actually be the one to open the gate on RPD or is it just escaping? i can CONFIRM you need to be the one to open a gate

Also, splitting the map into 2 didn't do anything, it actually feels even larger now but at least they opened it up a bit
    Dish
  • LukosterLukoster259,120
    Posted on 31 August 22 at 12:27
    What really bothers me at the release of every chapter is how cringe the killers are with their attempts at Adept *insert killer name* because they tunnel the sh*t out of whoever gets hooked first because they are incapable of winning otherwise. I barely play the first few days of the release because of this anymore... :C
  • JesseNickJesseNick990,923
    Posted on 31 August 22 at 19:44, Edited on 31 August 22 at 19:45 by JesseNick
    Lukoster said:
    how cringe the killers are with their attempts at Adept *insert killer name* because they tunnel...
    True tunneling doesn't work to get Adept. Merciless Victory isn't achieved if killer spends any real amount of time near someone on a hook. A killer going for Adept/merciless victory encourages the best killer gameplay: one that lets everyone unhook each other as many times as possible, a maximum number of chases and uses of special, and plenty of gen kicking.

I haven't noticed tunneling killers occur more often upon chapter release, but if it's happening to you in your MMR bracket then, it's likely because more new players, checking out new content, playing in general. Keep in mind, I don't consider it tunneling if you are unhooked, and get away, and the killer ends up finding you again later on.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.