Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass loses two quick completions and nine more games soon

• Rad WizrrdRad Wizrrd448,896
    Posted on 05 September 22 at 07:31
    Time to check out "Lost Words" for me!
    At this point I'm convinced Xbox wants their console names to be confusing.
  • FejerFejer1,350,172
    Posted on 05 September 22 at 07:40
    Played through Lost Words: Beyond the Page during the weekend, it's a short and a bit emotional 2D platformer.
  • ttfp saylowttfp saylow175,778
    Posted on 05 September 22 at 14:49, Edited on 05 September 22 at 15:25 by ttfp saylow
    rekikire said:
    Halcyon Pure said:
    I think MS really needs to give more notice before dropping games; at least 30 days - this can't be a difficult thing to do.
    You've got a years notice. Pretty much a year after they join expect them to leave.
    What about new, or returning, Game Pass members? They're not going to know when titles first appeared. I've had Game Pass Ultimate since last December, and I haven't kept track of what's been added…

From a consumer's viewpoint, the vagueness of the "leaving soon" section is annoying. From a business standpoint, I can see why they do it.

You see it "leaving soon", so you download it, hoping to finish it before it's gone. If you're halfway through it, whether the main story, or by achievements unlocked, the game could be removed from the service. You might then be tempted to buy the game outright with the discount they offer… 🙈
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw808,157
    Posted on 05 September 22 at 15:58
    Also, some games don't last a year. So you're only able to go by the 13-15 day warning in those situations. Point being, the comment about a longer warning is valid. Comment about you have a year of warning is useless in many scenarios and helps no one.

Spreadsheet is ace, though.
  • PakhairPakhair474,064
    Posted on 05 September 22 at 19:24
    planchetflaw said:
    rekikire said:
    Halcyon Pure said:
    I think MS really needs to give more notice before dropping games; at least 30 days - this can't be a difficult thing to do.
    You've got a years notice. Pretty much a year after they join expect them to leave.
    Everyone get your spreadsheets out, especially the more casual gamers, for this unofficial maybe notice.
    You know I have a spreadsheet of games I want to play on Game Pass with the date they got added to Game pass.

So Microsoft owned games are 0 priority.
    All games leaving this year are on bold and games which are on game pass since more then a year are also on low priority.

1 year is something which works 90% of the times. There are only 5-6 exceptions every year with less then 1 year on game pass
    I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I’m just an old killer, hired to do some wet work - Old Snake
  • PakhairPakhair474,064
    Posted on 05 September 22 at 19:32, Edited on 05 September 22 at 19:34 by Pakhair
    ttfp saylow said:
    rekikire said:
    Halcyon Pure said:
    What about new, or returning, Game Pass members? They're not going to know when titles first appeared. I've had Game Pass Ultimate since last December, and I haven't kept track of what's been added…

From a consumer's viewpoint, the vagueness of the "leaving soon" section is annoying. From a business standpoint, I can see why they do it.

You see it "leaving soon", so you download it, hoping to finish it before it's gone. If you're halfway through it, whether the main story, or by achievements unlocked, the game could be removed from the service. You might then be tempted to buy the game outright with the discount they offer… 🙈
    As you said yourself from business point of view it makes sense. And I personally would have liked 1 month advance notice as Sony does on its service but hey it's their service and their rules

I have made a list for myself, what I want to play on Games pass with their dates added.

It will take a couple of hours but it's not hard. It's simple. First make a list of games which you want to play then you are 99% sure EA Play and Microsoft games are not going to get removed except for annual sports games and racing games as they have music and cars licensing issues

After that search each game on Google e.g guardians of galaxy added to game pass (you can also check news section for that ge on TA) and in the article you will find the date on which it got added to GP

Now after you have the list with dates complete, rule of the thumb is that 90%+ games stick for about 12 months. So they are your priority. Only a couple of hours and you can at least make a template for yourself

P.S= Unfortunately neither TA nor any other website on internet shows at what date a game got added to GP
    I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I’m just an old killer, hired to do some wet work - Old Snake
  • rekikirerekikire1,922,301
    Posted on 05 September 22 at 19:44
    FYI all

Stuff added in October 2021

The Procession to Calvary
    Visage
    Back 4 Blood
    Ring of Pain
    The Riftbreaker
    The Good Life
    Into the Pit
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong499,144
    Posted on 05 September 22 at 20:25
    rekikire said:
    FYI all

Stuff added in October 2021

The Procession to Calvary
    Visage
    Back 4 Blood
    Ring of Pain
    The Riftbreaker
    The Good Life
    Into the Pit
    The Riftbreaker is good. It currently has a defect that they exposed in the new Microsoft save API, they’ve done their fix but MS needs to update the XBox API. It was originally slated for August but MS pushed theirs back. Give it a few weeks before starting if you can, it’s not horribly long game.
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285736,935
    Posted on 05 September 22 at 21:21
    PTGigi said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    Knew I should have never started Craftopia 🤦🏼‍♂️
    Dr Latour said:
    eazy just msg me on xbox and i'll help you finish it, same goes for anyone.
    I highly recommend anyone who needs help finishing Craftopia message Dr Latour, they helped me get the last 7 achievements I needed in less than an hour!
    I haven’t been home all weekend around my Xbox but I saw a message from them on my phone asking what I needed on the game. Straight stand up human being right there and I’ll definitely be responding when I get back around it just to get what I can
  • FJMatlockFJMatlock259,978
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 03:40
    Started Artful Escape for my Bean Dive. Guess I gotta get going.
  • ttfp saylowttfp saylow175,778
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 07:59
    Pakhair said:
    ttfp saylow said:
    rekikire said:
    Halcyon Pure said:

As you said yourself from business point of view it makes sense. And I personally would have liked 1 month advance notice as Sony does on its service but hey it's their service and their rules

I have made a list for myself, what I want to play on Games pass with their dates added.

It will take a couple of hours but it's not hard. It's simple. First make a list of games which you want to play then you are 99% sure EA Play and Microsoft games are not going to get removed except for annual sports games and racing games as they have music and cars licensing issues

After that search each game on Google e.g guardians of galaxy added to game pass (you can also check news section for that ge on TA) and in the article you will find the date on which it got added to GP

Now after you have the list with dates complete, rule of the thumb is that 90%+ games stick for about 12 months. So they are your priority. Only a couple of hours and you can at least make a template for yourself

P.S= Unfortunately neither TA nor any other website on internet shows at what date a game got added to GP
    You're way more organised than me 🤣. I usually rely on updates from TA about games leaving soon, and decide if I could finish them within a month. Have any games vanished less than a month of them advertised as "leaving soon"? Now that would be a BS move from them to pull.

I guess you can search for articles for when I game was added, but TA probably don't do it for every single game!
  • SwearySeanSwearySean1,175,339
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 09:26
    Just had a notification to say Slime Ranchers is also leaving.
    AKA: HingedMonster
  • benvegbenveg941,683
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 09:37, Edited on 06 September 22 at 09:38 by benveg
    Mee too, but the app is often wrong
  • count023count023858,942
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 12:10
    Ultramarine360 said:
    Ffs they are leaving faster then I can get a look in
    tell me about it, lost page and plague tale have been on my list for a while but i've had a lot of long games to get out o fht eway first.
  • Posted on 06 September 22 at 16:59
    count023 said:
    Ultramarine360 said:
    Ffs they are leaving faster then I can get a look in
    tell me about it, lost page and plague tale have been on my list for a while but i've had a lot of long games to get out o fht eway first.
    Plaque tale is worth it. I doubt going to find the time to get the pc stack done.
    Lost words and mighty goose are reasonably shott
    Daniel Jackson/ultramarine360
  • Posted on 06 September 22 at 21:59
    SnarkLord1980 said:
    I'm sad about A Plague Tale. It's the only game I even wanted to complete. I'll have to get it sometime, so I can finish it, even though it won't be before I play the new one.
    I completed it from start to finish in 12hrs over 3 days you can easily do it before it leaves
    Main GT: DutchxMonster
  • AlphaCancriAlphaCancri237,512
    Posted on 07 September 22 at 07:15
    I guess it's time to get back to A Plague Tale. I was expecting it to leave GamePass with the new one coming out soon.
  • Nave SutlefNave Sutlef126,652
    Posted on 07 September 22 at 07:36
    MrZombieChicken said:
    I just saw the credits for Artful Escape. I find it odd that people always mention the celebrity voice overs for 12 minutes, but not this one.
    Damn, I just looked them up and I actually recognized a few which is big haha.

Thanks for pointing that out!
  • Nave SutlefNave Sutlef126,652
    Posted on 07 September 22 at 07:42
    KingConstrictor said:
    Guess it is time to finish Aragami 2. Don't remember why I stop playing it but I will try to finish it this weekend. I kept telling myself that I was going to start up A Plague Tale but never did. It sucks that for whatever reason games leave. Feels misleading sometimes. Some people join game pass for specific games and to only find out a year later or less sometimes that the game is gone. Time and time again it reminds that you have to take advantage of the games while they are here because they do not last forever. Maybe they should have a huge discount on the games leaving for all the people who started but never finished and maybe better transparency of when games leave not like a week or two before it happens.
    You’re kidding, right? They pay to have the games for a certain amount of time. They won’t stay forever.

Everything leaves around the 1 year mark, this isn’t anything new.
  • Posted on 07 September 22 at 08:55
    Nave Sutlef said:
    KingConstrictor said:
    Guess it is time to finish Aragami 2. Don't remember why I stop playing it but I will try to finish it this weekend. I kept telling myself that I was going to start up A Plague Tale but never did. It sucks that for whatever reason games leave. Feels misleading sometimes. Some people join game pass for specific games and to only find out a year later or less sometimes that the game is gone. Time and time again it reminds that you have to take advantage of the games while they are here because they do not last forever. Maybe they should have a huge discount on the games leaving for all the people who started but never finished and maybe better transparency of when games leave not like a week or two before it happens.
    You’re kidding, right? They pay to have the games for a certain amount of time. They won’t stay forever.

Everything leaves around the 1 year mark, this isn’t anything new.
    Not everything.

Anything that XBox Game Studios owns will stay there permanently.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.