Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Lost Depths achievements and challenge drop

• DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs366,114
  • PirateRyanGPirateRyanG197,793
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 12:39
    ESO isn't F2P.
  • DoberkiinDoberkiin700,311
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 13:03
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
  • thatNoseyParkerthatNoseyParker1,477,508
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 13:07
    As always, I wait for ESO+ to be included in GPU. A Sherpa friend wouldn't go amiss either lol
  • SpirochaeteSpirochaete2,532,162
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 16:45
    Yay another challenge.

PirateRyanG said:
    ESO isn't F2P.
    True. Free weekends/time periods & being on GP does not make it free 100% for all players.

And this article shouldn't link another article about free games, where ESO is not listed.
  • A Dank SlothA Dank Sloth426,428
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 17:57
    I haven’t see a challenge drop in a while now might pick a eso+ membership for a bit.
    -Aaron
  • GamePadZebbyGamePadZebby829,572
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 21:08, Edited on 06 September 22 at 21:12 by GamePadZebby
    The article sub-heading also suggests that if you have Game Pass you have access to the DLC, which is categorically untrue. Misleading supposedly informational journalism to say the least

"The Elder Scrolls Online's Lost Depths DLC is now available on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Xbox Game Pass"

It would be an amazing incentive for those already subscribed to ESO+ to join Game Pass for basically no additional cost, and would be a huge benefit for already paying GPUers, encouraging them to at least try ESO because of the benefits they'd have in-game. After the acquisition of Bethesda, why not show that off in a way that directly benefits customers?

They could be keeping it on the back burner for if PS's new service gains momentum as a advantage over their competitor, but let's be honest, why would they have people subscribe to one service when they can have them subscribe to two? Xbox have combined subscriptions before in the case of GPU so there's nothing to say they won't again
    youtube.com/GamePadStreaming twitch.tv/TheGamePadStreaming
  • Posted on 06 September 22 at 22:03
    I just want to know why it's over 30GB for two dungeons.
    It's forced inflated updates every single time they add a new dungeon....THAT I CAN'T EVEN PLAY!
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 22:28, Edited on 06 September 22 at 22:58 by GamePadZebby
    FruitofPassion said:
    It's forced inflated updates every single time they add a new dungeon....THAT I CAN'T EVEN PLAY!
    So that when you purchase it in-game, you only have a 10MB unlock key to wait to download instead of a full update, basically. I would imagine some of that update is also other fixes/patches/mechanic updates etc, not just the dungeons

Also allows all players to be able to see all the new armor and equipment on other players without having to make any additional purchase

There's more reasons for updating in this way, specifically for MMO than only updating certain player's individual games. Because the game is hosted on a server it's much easier for the game not to worry about who can see what assets based on which DLC packs they have installed, as this can cause all sorts of "information missing" errors. It's far easier to block out specific dungeon permissions to individual players. It's more like a compatibility pack
  • Posted on 06 September 22 at 23:33
    GamePadZebby said:
    FruitofPassion said:
    So that when you purchase it in-game, you only have a 10MB unlock key to wait to download instead of a full update, basically. I would imagine some of that update is also other fixes/patches/mechanic updates etc, not just the dungeons

Also allows all players to be able to see all the new armor and equipment on other players without having to make any additional purchase

There's more reasons for updating in this way, specifically for MMO than only updating certain player's individual games. Because the game is hosted on a server it's much easier for the game not to worry about who can see what assets based on which DLC packs they have installed, as this can cause all sorts of "information missing" errors. It's far easier to block out specific dungeon permissions to individual players. It's more like a compatibility pack
    *le sigh
    Well I suppose this makes sense and points out the errors to the things I was not considering.
    Thanks for explaining it. Sorry I all-caps'ed.
    Posted on 07 September 22 at 00:21
    FruitofPassion said:
    GamePadZebby said:
    FruitofPassion said:

*le sigh
    Well I suppose this makes sense and points out the errors to the things I was not considering.
    Thanks for explaining it. Sorry I all-caps'ed.
    You were channeling frustrations; it's okay. It's not the unhealthiest way of expression. Waiting on a huge update can be frustrating when you're eager to play, and really one of the reasons this happens. Better to have a few impatient non-premium customers than making paying customers all have to wait individually to access it after purchase
  • DoberkiinDoberkiin700,311
    Posted on 07 September 22 at 08:07
    thatNoseyParker said:
    As always, I wait for ESO+ to be included in GPU. A Sherpa friend wouldn't go amiss either lol
    Need to change your gamertag thatLazyParker
  • thatNoseyParkerthatNoseyParker1,477,508
    Posted on 07 September 22 at 09:06
    Doberkiin said:
    thatNoseyParker said:
    Need to change your gamertag thatLazyParker
    Ha fair enough, that for the Sherpa bit?

I've never had that irrational issue with asking for help, likewise, I gladly give it for areas I'm proficient in. It's just efficient imo
  • Posted on 08 September 22 at 05:11, Edited on 08 September 22 at 19:01 by MathNotEvenOnce
    how are the new dungeons w/ combat changes?

edit: Vet Earthen Root isn't too bad at all. You definitely need a solid tank though, final boss more or less is devastating if they lose aggro.

Looking forward to trying the other one tomorrow
  • Blue RadiumBlue Radium1,148,057
    Posted on 11 September 22 at 09:29
    MathNotEvenOnce said:

edit: Vet Earthen Root isn't too bad at all. You definitely need a solid tank though, final boss more or less is devastating if they lose aggro.

Graven Deep's last boss is significantly harder, lots of mechanics going on all at once. One of the toughest non-hard mode fights released in a while.
  • Posted on 12 September 22 at 18:10
    Blue Radium said:
    MathNotEvenOnce said:

Graven Deep's last boss is significantly harder, lots of mechanics going on all at once. One of the toughest non-hard mode fights released in a while.
    Managed to finish it Friday last week. It was a blast! Loved the final boss, but it definitely took people listening/paying attention to mechs
    Posted on 12 September 22 at 19:17, Edited on 12 September 22 at 19:22 by Blue Radium
    MathNotEvenOnce said:
    Blue Radium said:
    MathNotEvenOnce said:

Managed to finish it Friday last week. It was a blast! Loved the final boss, but it definitely took people listening/paying attention to mechs
    Was able to get it done, with a team of pretty competent people. Even though we're all vet hardmode trial-capable, still took like 5 wipes to get all of the mechanics locked into our brain, between watching for curse/juggling balls/positioning for interrupts on the splits/timing dodge rolls when the split is imperfect/watching out for the boss's super long range cleave/the tank not whoopsing on a fear when face is full of pretty colors + the flesh atro. For a not-hard mode, that's a ton of mechanics at the same time.

And the HM is pretty bananas, pushes deep endgame players pretty hard/typically 4 man stuff is 1 tank 3 DPS, DPS so fast mechanics hardly matter. Need to keep a ton of things in-mind all at once.
  • Posted on 12 September 22 at 19:24
    Blue Radium said:
    MathNotEvenOnce said:
    Blue Radium said:
    MathNotEvenOnce said:

Was able to get it done, with a team of pretty competent people. Even though we're all vet hardmode trial-capable, still took like 5 wipes to get all of the mechanics locked into our brain, between watching for curse/juggling balls/positioning for interrupts on the splits/timing dodge rolls when the split is imperfect/watching out for the boss's super long range cleave/the tank not whoopsing on a fear when face is full of pretty colors + the flesh atro. For a not-hard mode, that's a ton of mechanics at the same time.

And the HM is pretty bananas, pushes deep endgame players pretty hard/typically 4 man stuff is 1 tank 3 DPS, DPS so fast mechanics hardly matter. Need to keep a ton of things in-mind all at once.
    rad! I take it you've done the hm? I've got a group, just need to find the time to do it
    Posted on 12 September 22 at 19:28
    MathNotEvenOnce said:
    Blue Radium said:
    MathNotEvenOnce said:
    Blue Radium said:
    MathNotEvenOnce said:

rad! I take it you've done the hm? I've got a group, just need to find the time to do it
    I did - not farming out the trifecta/focusing on Bless Unleashed before it shuts down. All-around super fun, reminds me of the pre-nerfed March of Sacrifices HM
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.