Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

NBA 2K23 Xbox achievements now live

• Posted on 06 September 22 at 14:39
    We have just picked up new achievements for NBA 2K23. There are 45 achievements worth a total of 1,000 Gamerscore, 2 of which are secret.

Please click here to read the full story: NBA 2K23 Xbox achievements now live
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX2,001,044
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 14:57, Edited on 06 September 22 at 14:57 by EarthboundX
    Are there literal slot machines in this again?
  • The 7th ODSTThe 7th ODST694,550
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 15:02
    Getting to Level 40 in a season is a crazy grind.
    That’s gonna take some time.
  • DJ KOOLAIDEDJ KOOLAIDE1,141,678
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 15:04
    There has never been slot machines. Maybe pinball machines. But these are after playing a game not something you buy
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX2,001,044
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 15:11, Edited on 06 September 22 at 15:17 by EarthboundX
    DJ KOOLAIDE said:
    There has never been slot machines. Maybe pinball machines. But these are after playing a game not something you buy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfRA6mmZYic

I've not fully watched this video, just found it thru Google, but that's clearly a slot machine. Sure it might not be with paid real money, but I don't see how that makes sense for a Basketball game. This was during the real big controversy with loot boxes, so while that was going on, 2K put a literal slot machine in one of there games, seemed real odd.

More

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/cwrs8o/2k_pairs_l...

If those didn't follow in any games after, that's a good thing.
  • brent1221brent12211,320,876
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 15:32
    Quite curious to the typical 2K player, how hard/grindy is this list?
  • The CherishedThe Cherished1,818,614
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 15:33
    brent1221 said:
    Season 40 is a hellgrind, that one really sticks out as a nightmare.

No idea about the Jordan Challenges or Max Prestige though, knowing 2K they're going to suck BIG TIME.
  • TJenks1308TJenks1308454,140
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 15:37
    Due to the outrage, by the time that game released, the slot machines were removed from the game, thankfully, never to be seen again.

In other news, the Déjà Vu achievement, for hitting prestige max amount of times, is a yikes. It's online leaderboard and you have to reach the top.

The Jordan Challenges could be easy if you can set the difficulty to Rookie
  • Posted on 06 September 22 at 15:42, Edited on 06 September 22 at 15:44 by MartyrofHeII
    Level 40 in the season, when 85% of challenges are completed only with donation cards from packs of which it is impossible to buy at auction. You also need to win some kind of prize in Unlimited, where pro players spend hundreds of dollars on packs in first day one. 2K please stop bullying ordinary people.
  • LP Tato BRLP Tato BR441,408
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 15:47, Edited on 06 September 22 at 15:49 by LP Tato BR
    This seems easier than previous games, however we still need to see how the Unlimited prestiges will work. From what I've read, maybe it will just be about playing as much as possible against online players, and you'll earn points even when you lose. Let's hope it's more of a grind rather than a skill-based achievement.

This is what another website says: "Unlimited will now see Season Points added with records being thrown to the wind in favour of rankings. Earn enough points and your rank will climb tiers where you will receive rewards for each, the Dark Matter tier will be the top for the casual player, but a ‘Prestige Tier’ has been added for those who spend a lot of time in this game mode and will unlock even more rewards. A vault will be opened after every win."

Level 40 is a bit hard during the first seasons, but it becomes so much easier later on. In later seasons, you can probably reach Lvl 40 in two or three weeks given how much "free" XP they give for completing ordinary tasks.
  • DD91DD91807,509
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 16:03
    As much as I love NBA and the odd NBA game, will probably give this a swing and a miss.
    Day 1 Gears of War player. Seriously achievement April 2007.
  • WavyGopalWavyGopal884,901
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 16:05
    brent1221 said:
    I played a whole season everyday without spending any money and only got to level 35. 2k all about the money.
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 16:35
    EarthboundX said:
    DJ KOOLAIDE said:

I've not fully watched this video, just found it thru Google, but that's clearly a slot machine. Sure it might not be with paid real money, but I don't see how that makes sense for a Basketball game. This was during the real big controversy with loot boxes, so while that was going on, 2K put a literal slot machine in one of there games, seemed real odd.

More

This video is fake af. I was first to complete 2k20. Put over 2000 hours in. That was not in game. Did you play any of these games? People hate on sports games so they put out fake toxic videos. Madden got same hate this year without actual review
  • Posted on 06 September 22 at 16:41, Edited on 06 September 22 at 16:41 by KGI KlikoNL
    EarthboundX said:
    DJ KOOLAIDE said:

More

I have played 2K20 on Playstation but never saw that thing. But seems to be with Online Match rewards (guess when winning TTO match). Price Wheel is when you get in My Team, all 7 days of the week to pick up your daily reward.
    I'm not Green, I'm not Blue. I'm Cyan.
  • QwanimalQwanimal971,501
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 16:42, Edited on 06 September 22 at 17:46 by Qwanimal
    brent1221 said:
    EDIT: I've removed a reference to the unlimited achievements being leaderboard related as I can't find the original comment where I read this.

----

I started 2K22 in May and got to level 40 each season pretty easily without spending money. Some people in these comments are making out like its a Gears of War level grind or something, it's nothing like as time consuming as that, especially later in the year, but you will probably need to play a few hours every day for a 2-3 weeks out of a six week season.

Of far greater concern are the Unlimited mode achievements. If they require what people are suggesting, it'll be almost impossible without boosting and tough/time consuming even if you do boost.

Really stupid move by 2K to add difficult achievements to the most boring, grindy multiplayer mode. I was already having doubts about buying 2K23 after 2K22 Seasons 8 and 9 were so bad, but this has pretty much confirmed I won't.
  • brent1221brent12211,320,876
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 16:47
    Qwanimal said:
    brent1221 said:
    I started 2K22 in May and got to level 40 each season pretty easily without spending money. Some people in these comments are making out like its a Gears of War level grind or something, it's nothing like as time consuming as that, especially later in the year, but you will probably need to play a few hours every day for a 2-3 weeks out of a six week season.

Of far greater concern are the Unlimited mode achievements. If they require what people are suggesting, it'll be almost impossible without boosting and tough/time consuming even if you do boost.

Really stupid move by 2K to add difficult leaderboard related achievements to the most boring, grindy multiplayer mode. I was already having doubts about buying 2K23 after 2K22 Seasons 8 and 9 were so bad, but this has pretty much confirmed I won't.
    Thanks man. Sounds like another skip or play on 2nd account (for my completion % at least). Such a bummer.
  • Posted on 06 September 22 at 16:48
    The Cherished said:
    brent1221 said:
    Season 40 is a hellgrind, that one really sticks out as a nightmare.

No idea about the Jordan Challenges or Max Prestige though, knowing 2K they're going to suck BIG TIME.
    And if 1 of the 2 secrets are Unicorn again. That can also be a drag (specially if your low skill) to earn the many tokens needed.
    I'm not Green, I'm not Blue. I'm Cyan.
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 16:48
    KGI KlikoNL said:
    EarthboundX said:
    DJ KOOLAIDE said:

More

I have played 2K20 on Playstation but never saw that thing. But seems to be with Online Match rewards (guess when winning TTO match). Price Wheel is when you get in My Team, all 7 days of the week to pick up your daily reward.
    That slot machine was not in 2k20 at all. The prize wheel was. Which was once a week for signing in everyday Which was nothing like roulette. No ball. No betting where it will land. Just all prizes.
  • QwanimalQwanimal971,501
    Posted on 06 September 22 at 17:51
    brent1221 said:
    Qwanimal said:
    brent1221 said:

Really stupid move by 2K to add difficult leaderboard related achievements to the most boring, grindy multiplayer mode. I was already having doubts about buying 2K23 after 2K22 Seasons 8 and 9 were so bad, but this has pretty much confirmed I won't.
    Thanks man. Sounds like another skip or play on 2nd account (for my completion % at least). Such a bummer.
    Update to my previous comment. I know 2K have made some changes to the way Unlimited works in 2K23 but based on what I've seen from the trailers, I'd still expect the unlimited prestige and top prize achievements to be very difficult and/or time consuming for the average player to unlock, especially without boosting. Won't know for sure until the game is out though, so I'd advise anyone who cares about completion % to hold off playing it until the way these modes work becomes clearer.

Anyone know of Skill Based Match Making (SBMM) will still be in Unlimited for 2K23? Even worse if it is.
  • Posted on 06 September 22 at 18:11
    All should be fairly doable except for the unlimited ones. Better have the best internet to compete
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.