Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

No plans for further Cyberpunk 2077 expansions after Phantom Liberty

• xenomorphsxenomorphs703,890
    Posted on 07 September 22 at 16:44
    They need to fix the game.
  • A Dank SlothA Dank Sloth593,246
    Posted on 07 September 22 at 16:54, Edited on 07 September 22 at 16:54 by A Dank Sloth
    Looking forward to this, for sure

Here’s hoping this kicks off into more dlc 🤞
    -Aaron
  • Wicked JeiWicked Jei899,033
    Posted on 07 September 22 at 17:18
    That's a shame because it's honestly a really good game. Rushed and ruined by greedy executives who impose bad working conditions. Pretty ironic being a cyberpunk game...
  • Posted on 07 September 22 at 20:03
    All they're saying is that nothing else is planned at the moment. It could mean that they have more ideas on the backburner, but they're holding their breath to see if this first DLC is profitable.

Personally, I would love to see more story content but recent games have burned me on addon content (*cough* Far Cry *cough*)
    Shields high.
  • Posted on 07 September 22 at 20:41
    More devs need to leave the last gen behind if this and Infinite are anything to go by. Developing just for the X/S would have been the best way to go.
  • J2B9J2B91,227,814
    Posted on 07 September 22 at 21:06
    Tozi Tiberius said:
    All they're saying is that nothing else is planned at the moment. It could mean that they have more ideas on the backburner, but they're holding their breath to see if this first DLC is profitable.

Personally, I would love to see more story content but recent games have burned me on addon content (*cough* Far Cry *cough*)
    While possible I'd say highly unlikely. If they wait until after the dlc to decide then that 2nd dlc won't release until early to mid 2024 which would be 4 years after release. It'd have to already be in the planning / pre-production stage now as opposed to starting the whole process after the 1st dlc.

This is of course assuming we're talking expansions that are massive like witcher 3 that take months to develop. They could always release something much smaller.
  • Triple g 101Triple g 101247,364
    Posted on 07 September 22 at 22:20
    A Dank Sloth said:

You need glasses lol
  • A Dank SlothA Dank Sloth593,246
    Posted on 08 September 22 at 00:00
    Triple g 101 said:
    A Dank Sloth said:

You need glasses lol
    Nah, I just like the game. No harm in that :)
    -Aaron
  • Bubba0796Bubba0796186,020
    Posted on 08 September 22 at 00:29
    A Dank Sloth said:
    Triple g 101 said:
    A Dank Sloth said:

You need glasses lol
    Nah, I just like the game. No harm in that :)
    Agreed, I hope we see another No Man's Sky situation. This game's atmosphere is unmatched, really hope we get some more DLC!
  • vgmkylevgmkyle210,984
    Posted on 08 September 22 at 02:54
    Because looking like liars is better than looking like complete, total, inane liars. CD Project Red is a disaster of a company and I wish they would politely leave the gaming scene and stick with mediocre anime on Netflix.
  • foodfood143,663
    Posted on 08 September 22 at 02:55, Edited on 08 September 22 at 02:57 by food
    So the take away seems to be, unless the developer and publisher (both CDPR in this case) go all on with a 3-5 year development cycle and commit to another 5 years of DLC and QOL updates-- companies shouldn't commit to cross gen AAA titles and delay the game if it won't meet expectations.

Game dev is expensive and the companies leading these projects need to run them like it. It might serve the AAA+ devs to take more cues from Sony, or even better, the movie industry.

There is a major cultural shift that needs to occur in AAA games dev to make successful, quality games. The industry at large has failed to deliver on this at the problem lies primarily on the executive level downward. I'm not throwing shade at the multiple development houses that work on titles. If quality (debatably) Marvel franchises can do this with movies and endless scores of franchising, someone needs to take ownership and make that the ultimate goal.
  • pawncrackerspawncrackers350,716
    Posted on 08 September 22 at 04:00
    What an utter shitshow..! Feeling bitterly disappointed, is only scratching the surface. Let it fade away, with Halo Infinite.

L
  • Posted on 08 September 22 at 06:57
    This is really sad!
  • ScaroveseScarovese1,511,575
    Posted on 08 September 22 at 09:44
    Disappointing to be sure. I thought they were going to be able to salvage the PR hit from the initial release with better support afterward but between this news and the lack of any Xbox One DLC, I think they're just looking for an eject button. Can't blame them, but still sad to see.
  • MTA RaylzMTA Raylz319,972
    Posted on 08 September 22 at 09:57
    eh it is what it is not surprised about it.
  • ArtemasArtemas198,062
    Posted on 09 September 22 at 17:35
    That is a bit of a bummer, but I understand it. I just started playing it again and it is in a pretty good state, but too much damage was done at launch (no one seems to remember how janky W3 was though...)
  • Posted on 09 September 22 at 23:51
    For people to not see this company CDPR as a cluster### unethical company, I don't know what to say. I used to love them, along with what They did with GOG and the independent parts of gaming. But the whole Cpunk era has been lies, corruption and spin that led to a lot of damage to both customers and shareholders.
    They abused every spot of high ground they claimed to had. There is no way to justify what this company did. I normally wouldn't care, but this has been plagued with shareholder issues and corporate corruption from day one. People really should remember what CDPR did. Its as if This company knowingly defrauded. Not simply by ineptness, but a planned conspiracy after funding was secured. Securities Comm really should try to protect from this better.
  • andreandre506,950
    Posted on 11 September 22 at 03:10
    That's a relief.
  • JohnnyInterfnkJohnnyInterfnk1,240,635
    Posted on 12 September 22 at 16:37
    Basileus said:
    That's really a shame. Played it this year and would have loved to explore Night City for longer.
    Can I second this notion? I did play on the Xbox One X so I avoided some of the issues the One S had, but given these technical issues, the game itself was really excellent and the story and world were top notch. Its a shame the technical issues (most of which are fixed now) brought this game down in the public eye.

I would have loved a sequel to this game and a horde of DLC content, but this all looks dead in the water for the foreseeable future. A shame really for such a promising franchise.
  • DiwuuDiwuu393,143
    Posted on 13 September 22 at 01:29
    A worthless expansion so they don't even try
    I did not return this game because I was counting on expansions... now it will be exclusive for pc and new consoles 😑 I wish them failure
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads