The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sales: TA Team Picks (September 8th)

• DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs407,927
    Posted on 08 September 22 at 19:02
    Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Windows PC games are once again receiving the discount hammer on the Xbox Store, so the TA news team has done a little digging to see what they could find.

Please click here to read the full story: Xbox sales: TA Team Picks (September 8th)
  • FaSCoRPFaSCoRP608,557
    Posted on 08 September 22 at 19:14
    Bad North is awesome, Crash Drive 3 is very fun but I tried Bleed 2 and have not been very fond of the controls, besides trying. It has some quirky button layout. Perhaps playing for 2 hours will join your muscle memory
    games are almost the same thing. I purchased the same bundle a while ago and I regret it
  • Posted on 08 September 22 at 19:20
    FaSCoRP said:
    Bad North is awesome, Crash Drive 3 is very fun but I tried Bleed 2 and have not been very fond of the controls, besides trying. It has some quirky button layout. Perhaps playing for 2 hours will join your muscle memory
    Yeah, for sure re: Bleed, my first playthrough was super sloppy but once it clicks, it just feels so good. That first gameplay clip in the linked trailer shows just how slick it can be once you get to grips with everything.
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion914,138
    Posted on 08 September 22 at 20:13
    I will either get Bad North now or later. Since it left GP, this is the cheapest it has been.

If you want to interest me in a game, just make it Viking themed in some way.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • ZirenZiren231,358
    Posted on 08 September 22 at 20:16, Edited on 08 September 22 at 20:37 by Ziren
    I LOVED Bad North! Not played anything like it, but it looked really cute so I gave it a try... and sure enough it did indeed, erm, suck me in. shock Took a lot of effort but I did finally 100% the achievements, including Folk Hero... though it did reduce me to tears of both rage and despair along the way. Lol.

I really recommend it - especially if you like games you can play a little bit at a time. The difficult Folk Hero playthrough was 61 interconnected islands, but you can just do one or two islands in a session if you like, and come back tomorrow for a few more. I ADORED it! :-D
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm614,989
    Posted on 08 September 22 at 21:34
    I’ll be picking up Bad North. I’d intended to play it when it was on GamePass but missed the opportunity before it was rotated out. Thanks to this good discount, I’ll have a second chance. smile
    Posted on 08 September 22 at 22:44
    Ziren said:
    I LOVED Bad North! Not played anything like it, but it looked really cute so I gave it a try... and sure enough it did indeed, erm, suck me in. shock Took a lot of effort but I did finally 100% the achievements, including Folk Hero... though it did reduce me to tears of both rage and despair along the way. Lol.

I really recommend it - especially if you like games you can play a little bit at a time. The difficult Folk Hero playthrough was 61 interconnected islands, but you can just do one or two islands in a session if you like, and come back tomorrow for a few more. I ADORED it! :-D
    Sold.
    Posted on 08 September 22 at 22:45
    Allgorhythm said:
    I’ll be picking up Bad North. I’d intended to play it when it was on GamePass but missed the opportunity before it was rotated out. Thanks to this good discount, I’ll have a second chance. smile
    I meant to play it while it was in GP too, but I spent too much time trying to play through the mostly forgettable easy GP games. The consensus here and elsewhere is that it’s definitely worth buying.
  • ShadowRaven9ShadowRaven9408,152
    Posted on 09 September 22 at 00:06
    Where's Heidi's opinion :(
  • k3lt0nk3lt0n217,793
    Posted on 09 September 22 at 01:40
    Welp did not come here expecting to buy a game but picked up Bad North.
  • LancerideLanceride555,198
    Posted on 09 September 22 at 03:23
    Thanks for the suggestions! I love me some roguelites.
    Blah blah blah forum signature
  • BAYTAN ONEBAYTAN ONE1,219,958
    Posted on 09 September 22 at 05:43
    Guys, don't miss Bad North.
  • AEKara38AEKara38116,871
    Posted on 09 September 22 at 18:12, Edited on 09 September 22 at 18:14 by AEKara38
    I bought the Pure Snooker Bundle at 65% off and Star Wars Episode I Racer at 60% off with my rewards points so £0.00 toast
    Once my broken wrist heals I should be able to play them....
    Posted on 10 September 22 at 17:40
    BAYTAN ONE said:
    Guys, don't miss Bad North.
    +1 Picked it up.
    Posted on 10 September 22 at 17:41
    SOMA is 90% off--a little late for the TA Playlist.facepalm
  • Nuke 15Nuke 15119,657
    Posted on 11 September 22 at 01:42
    Gaijin Charenji 1 - Kiss or Kill for 99 cents is a no-brainer. One of the most crazy and creative gaming experiences I have ever had.
    Posted on 12 September 22 at 13:08
    As Luke says, at 85% off, the 3.29 USD Digerati Couch Co-op Vol. 2 is just too good a deal to pass up.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.