Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla to end Eivor's story with free DLC

• Posted on 11 September 22 at 10:00
    Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed showcase had a lot of info about the future of the franchise, that doesn't mean we've moved on from Assassin's Creed Valhalla yet; the game still has more free content to come.

Please click here to read the full story: Assassin's Creed Valhalla to end Eivor's story with free DLC
  • British LegendsBritish Legends1,011,773
    Posted on 11 September 22 at 10:02
    Nice. I'm glad it's free.
  • HangmanK7HangmanK7440,786
    Posted on 11 September 22 at 10:04
    Have loved all the content in this game will be playing for sure.
  • ShadowRaven9ShadowRaven9351,001
    Posted on 11 September 22 at 10:28
    DLC starts, bird flying high, first light is about breach the horizon. Eivor brushes by a poisonous pricker bush. *Credits roll*
  • Posted on 11 September 22 at 10:33
    Fed up with this game now, boring and mediocre
  • Woshi YogiWoshi Yogi481,913
    Posted on 11 September 22 at 10:44
    Base game is 6/10, base game with all dlcs is 3/10
  • SmaugeySmaugey661,814
    Posted on 11 September 22 at 11:00
    The game on release was fun, if not repetitive, but that is the standard Ubisoft formula we’ve come to expect.

However, this game has become ever more bloated and dare I say tedious and not enjoyable.
    Smaugey
  • JQ10GJQ10G89,165
    Posted on 11 September 22 at 11:02
    So this is the last dlc ?
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead668,950
    Posted on 11 September 22 at 11:07, Edited on 11 September 22 at 11:08 by HolyHalfDead
    JQ10G said:
    Maybe.

They have been releasing new paid DLC almost every week, so that may stop after this.

But Odyssey got Valhalla DLC, so who knows.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • BigTymer2047BigTymer20471,069,090
    Posted on 11 September 22 at 11:44
    I'll be happy to see the content wrap up so I can finally give this a go. Actually pretty excited to play it. Highly doubt I will enjoy it as much as Odyssey but I think I will dig it more than enough.
  • Dragonborn GearDragonborn Gear1,327,356
    Posted on 11 September 22 at 12:04
    I'm tired of redownloading this game... I hope this is the last DLC or it has no achievements. haha
  • Posted on 11 September 22 at 12:25
    Still waiting for a good sale of Ragnarok, not paying a dime more than 10EUR!
  • Posted on 11 September 22 at 13:16
    I thought the last 2 DLC were excellent, hated the mastery and season pass content
    Love Title Updates, new achievements without spending a dime!
  • Posted on 11 September 22 at 13:17
    175 hours of playing, glad this is ending.
    They don’t need to be this long in the future, half the size would be fine.
  • ShelderShelder351,170
    Posted on 11 September 22 at 13:41
    Legacy I Tom I said:
    Word on the street is that Mirage’s main campaign will be 17-20 hours.
  • SifferinoSifferino53,134
    Posted on 11 September 22 at 14:02
    HolyHalfDead said:
    JQ10G said:
    But Odyssey got Valhalla DLC, so who knows.
    Today I learnt a game I loved got free DLC, loooonng after I moved on from the game. Thanks! Never heard about it. Might check it out soon.
    Avid 40+ gamer (Xbox, PlayStation)
  • Terrene FireTerrene Fire314,943
    Posted on 11 September 22 at 14:11
    Smaugey said:
    The game on release was fun, if not repetitive, but that is the standard Ubisoft formula we’ve come to expect.

However, this game has become ever more bloated and dare I say tedious and not enjoyable.
    I bought the gold edition, but haven’t touched the DLC because I go so incredibly bored of the game- it was insanely dull and repetitive. Add in how depressing the map and storyline were and its just a bad game
  • Posted on 11 September 22 at 14:51
    Legacy I Tom I said:
    I don't mind a game being 200+ hours if it's fun and engaging for the majority of that time. Valhalla was not that.
    Shields high.
  • SwordofWhedonSwordofWhedon1,409,886
    Posted on 11 September 22 at 15:23
    The fact that the assassins Creed games never end on an even number it shows another way that Sony manipulates the third parties. They have a specific formula for converting trophies to achievement points that you are to follow. That’s why developers think it’s OK to charge $30 for a DLC with 300 points. So this one will likely end the same way, without an even hundred point total, preferably multiples of 500
  • RahuuRahuu433,921
    Posted on 11 September 22 at 15:34
    I've had my complaints about AC:V (technical issues at the start, story got a bit too slow in the middle) but overall I really enjoyed it and I'm happy I stuck with it to the end to see those big story revelations and see how the last 3 games tied into an actual trilogy.

I am looking forward to finally wrapping up Eivor's story but after hearing that Mirage will have minimum modern day narrative I'm really hoping that they'll make the most of that big ending and setup some story threads to help Mirage bridge the gap to Infinity and not just leave it hanging, or worse, not resolve it at all and reset it again (yes, I'm still salty about Juno).
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.