TA Playlist

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

TA Playlist Wrap-Up: The Forgotten City

• Posted on 12 September 22 at 15:23
    In the month named for Roman Emperor Caesar Augustus, the TA Playlist took a journey back to ancient Rome for the time-loop adventure, The Forgotten City. Join us for a recap of all the stats and feedback.

Please click here to read the full story: TA Playlist Wrap-Up: The Forgotten City
  • Grumpy0lLadyGrumpy0lLady222,416
    Posted on 12 September 22 at 16:41
    I loved this game. I decided to just check it out and then I couldn't stop playing it. Great story, extremely well done. Challenging, but not frustratingly so. I highly recommend giving it a try if you haven't played it yet.
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion860,558
    Posted on 12 September 22 at 16:58
    Fantastic game and great write-up.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • Posted on 12 September 22 at 18:28
    Agree with the comment on Galerius being awesome, lol
    Such a fun game, both in terms of gameplay and story - really excited to see what the devs come up with next.
    Also a great write up - really enjoyable read :)
  • The NotoThe Noto569,146
    Posted on 12 September 22 at 18:54
    I'm kind of surprised only 164 gamers completed it since it's not that long of a game. Regardless, This was such a fun and interesting game. A perfect Playlist pick.
    Cheers!
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm587,423
    Posted on 12 September 22 at 19:10
    TAPlaylist#6484 said:
    As always, a big thank you goes out to BetaSigX20 for writing the TA Playlist Wrap-Up!
    Most definitely! Another exceptional TA Playlist Wrap-Up!

This was an ideal game for the Playlist. It’s a tightly plotted game with some dramatic twists. It encourages discussion & has a lot of achievements so players are constantly being rewarded as they progress through a rich, fast-paced, & compact game.

And how could one not like Galerius? Salve, friend.
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl203,622
    Posted on 12 September 22 at 20:03
    The Noto said:
    I'm kind of surprised only 164 gamers completed it since it's not that long of a game. Regardless, This was such a fun and interesting game. A perfect Playlist pick.
    I saw a couple people in the thread that were concerned by the high number of missables. It's a bit misleading for a game like this though, where you could realistically mop up everything you missed in an hour or so with cheats enabled.
    "You know what's funnier than 76? 77" - fabian907
  • MAOraNzaMAOraNza464,840
    Posted on 12 September 22 at 20:05
    Launched and uninstalled few minutes later. I personally didn't like the first impact...
    MAOraNza AKBAR!
    Posted on 12 September 22 at 20:58
    The Noto said:
    I played without a guide. Understandably, I missed out on the Minimalist achievement. However, I started a new game and, with 20-20 hindsight, played a close to optimal path. By that time, though, we were in September.
  • Posted on 12 September 22 at 22:04
    The game made it's way onto my list of all time favorites.
    I ended up playing Hades right after which made that experience even better since I went in with some better knowledge of ancient Greek culture.
    And before this I played Assassins Creed: Origins (Egyptian). It was just lucky timing that really taught me a lot about this stuff.
    Today I learned you can have signatures for the forum.
  • Posted on 13 September 22 at 06:57
    I should really play this before it leaves Game Pass some day...
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,847,528
    Posted on 13 September 22 at 07:38
    Allgorhythm said:
    The Noto said:
    I played without a guide. Understandably, I missed out on the Minimalist achievement. However, I started a new game and, with 20-20 hindsight, played a close to optimal path. By that time, though, we were in September.
    You can get Minimalist in about 15 minutes from a new game with the walk through walls code. I had already beaten the game and seen all the endings at that point, so I was OK with using the code for that last achievement.
    Posted on 13 September 22 at 13:33
    EarthboundX said:
    You can get Minimalist in about 15 minutes from a new game with the walk through walls code. I had already beaten the game and seen all the endings at that point, so I was OK with using the code for that last achievement.
    I enjoyed figuring out an efficient path through the game after stumbling around and discovering things by accident. Although I was inefficient, at first, I tried to be systematic. The whispers helped a lot and the quests provide very good tracking. So, it was just a matter of rearranging the order in which I did things to avoid unnecessary loops. I still have three achievements to go but I should have them unlocked soon.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.