Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Wayward Strand Xbox achievement list revealed

• Posted on 16 September 22 at 05:49
    We have just picked up new achievements for Wayward Strand. There are 29 achievements worth a total of 1,000 Gamerscore, 3 of which are secret.

Please click here to read the full story: Wayward Strand Xbox achievement list revealed
  • ChettlarChettlar284,355
    Posted on 16 September 22 at 06:52
    Oh hey another strand-type game.
  • KylKoKylKo1,650,889
    Posted on 16 September 22 at 08:00
    Chettlar said:
    Strand is an old english word for beach, and still is the word for beach in most Germanic languages (German, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, etc.). That's the setting here and yes, it also seems to be a strand-type game so I wonder if the devs intended that double meaning. Pretty clever if so.
    In no rush to slow down
  • Posted on 16 September 22 at 09:47
    Chettlar said:
    I love that this was the first comment
  • ShadowRaven9ShadowRaven9407,504
    Posted on 16 September 22 at 11:46
    KylKo said:
    Chettlar said:
    Strand is an old english word for beach, and still is the word for beach in most Germanic languages (German, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, etc.). That's the setting here and yes, it also seems to be a strand-type game so I wonder if the devs intended that double meaning. Pretty clever if so.
    Kinda interesting, learned something new today. I bet that's where the idea of being "stranded" is. You've been beached.
  • I The WiseI The Wise242,097
    Posted on 16 September 22 at 18:36
    ShadowRaven9 said:
    Kinda interesting, learned something new today. I bet that's where the idea of being "stranded" is. You've been beached.
    Probably. Stranded is gestrand in Dutch and gestrandet in German.
  • ChettlarChettlar284,355
    Posted on 17 September 22 at 09:45
    KylKo said:
    Chettlar said:
    Wow I was just going for the joke but that's really cool
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.