Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

GTA 6 leak sees other devs share early development footage

• CanezzaCanezza219,328
    Posted on 21 September 22 at 13:55
    Control, Uncharted 4, Cult of the Lamb, and PowerWash Simulator devs have all shared in-progress footage of their games in a bid to shed more light on the development process, following the huge GTA 6 leak.

Please click here to read the full story: GTA 6 leak sees other devs share early development footage
  • Posted on 21 September 22 at 13:58
    My favorite is the images of Immortality, where it's just a few blobs on a rectangle.
  • CanezzaCanezza219,328
    Posted on 21 September 22 at 14:00
    SquiSquiSquidio said:
    My favorite is the images of Immortality, where it's just a few blobs on a rectangle.
    Ah no way! I missed this one. Adding it now laugh
    TrueAchievements News Editor. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • Posted on 21 September 22 at 14:04
    Something very wholesome about this post
    Mmm I'm not too convinced, I think he mightve cut it ??
  • RuttedRatRuttedRat799,709
    Posted on 21 September 22 at 14:05
    I was talking to my buddy the other day wishing other developers would do just this in support. Glad to see them do it
    RuttedRat
  • TheBoxyBearTheBoxyBear625,437
    Posted on 21 September 22 at 14:13
    Article bugged for anyone? I only see the Control video and large empty spaces between the other paragraphs.
    TheBoxyBear
  • IRL Games XIRL Games X930,719
    Posted on 21 September 22 at 14:16
    This is encouraging me to post some even though I am a solo dev I often get discouraged that the game is not yet beautiful and working right it’s good to see even the big companies take time to get both to work with vast resources
    IRL Games X
  • angelskangelsk1,267,186
    Posted on 21 September 22 at 14:22
    I love this 💜💜
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz860,229
    Posted on 21 September 22 at 14:26
    I missed the original discourse on this but am glad to see developers and other people clowning on an idiot's stupid opinion. That games even happen, and how special and wonderful they can end up being is miraculous. Thanks to all that do this as your craft, it often may not seem like it, but you are loved.
  • Lord PunchyLord Punchy524,128
    Posted on 21 September 22 at 14:26
    I love this so much, also seeing control footage makes me really want to play it again 😅
  • EvandalistEvandalist447,307
    Posted on 21 September 22 at 14:29
    You’d think people would be intelligent enough to know what an Alpha build actually is before commenting on one, but alas, the internet.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
  • PsikomindPsikomind626,078
    Posted on 21 September 22 at 14:31
    TheBoxyBear said:
    Article bugged for anyone? I only see the Control video and large empty spaces between the other paragraphs.
    The videos for an article are the first thing completed. The next year is text writing and formatting. All backend stuff.
  • PMS LT DavidPMS LT David443,169
    Posted on 21 September 22 at 14:43, Edited on 21 September 22 at 14:46 by PMS LT David
    Psikomind said:
    TheBoxyBear said:
    The videos for an article are the first thing completed. The next year is text writing and formatting. All backend stuff.
    Actually made me snort. Don't do it again!
    I don't approve this message.
  • SwordofWhedonSwordofWhedon1,500,237
    Posted on 21 September 22 at 14:53
    They're dunking on an idiot that decided to go down in flames and declared that since he was in (presumably community college) game development courses, that the GTA videos were the final form since “visuals are done first”. Actual game developers then piled on him.

Presumably his alleged college courses hand him completed elements to assemble as part of the lesson. Either way, it’s great to see the actual experts taking a teaching opportunity

Power Wash I bet was a nightmare. So much RAM, so many bits of dirt to track. They nailed it though
  • Posted on 21 September 22 at 15:21
    Psikomind said:
    TheBoxyBear said:
    10/10. Everyone go about your business as normal. No more comments needed.
    "music is my religion" - Jimi Hendrix
  • Madtown BMadtown B500,219
    Posted on 21 September 22 at 15:24
    You know, I'm actually glad that internet weirdo said what he said because seeing all of these behind the scenes videos is so fascinating!
  • Posted on 21 September 22 at 15:36
    Psikomind said:
    TheBoxyBear said:
    This made me laugh way harder then it should have.
  • SPOONYxBARDSPOONYxBARD1,256,737
    Posted on 21 September 22 at 15:36
    Work on your games. Don't insult or belittle the fans. An uninformed statement made should not be the reason for industry professionals to bully potential customers. Look at Patrick Soderlund and Neil Druckmann for examples on how negative fan interactions can impact the final product.
  • Posted on 21 September 22 at 15:37
    Psikomind said:
    TheBoxyBear said:
    It took my dumb brain too long to get this joke. :P

toast
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.