Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Xbox Game Pass: The easiest and fastest completions (November 2022)

• CanezzaCanezza198,566
  • A Dank SlothA Dank Sloth428,113
    Posted on 24 September 22 at 13:19
    Might have to use this to my advantage!

Going neck and neck with someone on my monthly leaderboard and they wont know what hit ‘em’!
    -Aaron
  • Posted on 24 September 22 at 13:34
    Same games, different month!
  • ComicKaze23ComicKaze23499,708
    Posted on 24 September 22 at 13:54
    Beacon Pines should also be added to this list under the 3-5 hours section. Its pretty quick and has quite the weird story.
  • A Dank SlothA Dank Sloth428,113
    Posted on 24 September 22 at 13:58
    ComicKaze23 said:
    Beacon Pines should also be added to this list under the 3-5 hours section. Its pretty quick and has quite the weird story.
    Oh wow that’s actually great to know I was just looking at that a couple days ago!
    -Aaron
  • Posted on 24 September 22 at 14:04
    Most of these games were fun as heck!!!! Good list overall.
    If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have Hot Dogs!!!
  • Posted on 24 September 22 at 15:20
    Guess "Metal: Hellsinger" is too good to be put here even though its completion estimate qualifies it for being in this article.
    “Life is the universe experiencing itself.” - Spirit of Lord Opengate, "Death’s Door"
  • SpirochaeteSpirochaete2,535,972
    Posted on 24 September 22 at 15:39
    ChiflaGoodluck said:
    Guess "Metal: Hellsinger" is too good to be put here even though its completion estimate qualifies it for being in this article.
    No, if it is really 6-8 hours it should be listed here.

The article doesn't assume quality and some of these are very good (Hellblade and more).
  • DiegoTanDiegoTan449,930
    Posted on 24 September 22 at 16:49
    Spirochaete said:
    ChiflaGoodluck said:

The article doesn't assume quality and some of these are very good (Hellblade and more).
    Hellblade isn't good. It's a chore with terrible audio design and extremely repetetive gameplay.
    Gotta keep moving
  • CanezzaCanezza198,566
    Posted on 24 September 22 at 17:03
    ChiflaGoodluck said:
    Too high of a ratio, unfortunately.
    TrueAchievements News Editor. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion866,615
    Posted on 24 September 22 at 17:04
    DiegoTan said:
    Spirochaete said:
    ChiflaGoodluck said:

Hellblade isn't good. It's a chore with terrible audio design and extremely repetetive gameplay.
    Hellblade isn’t horrible, but I agree that it’s overrated. Some of the levels are confusing and while not a long game, the only reason it’s under 10 hours completion estimate is due to people here relying on walk throughs. I know you could say that walk throughs shortening every completion, but with Hellblade I feel it’s more true than with most “short”” games.

I also feel that with the myriad of sub two hour games now, that anything over 4-6 hours shouldn’t be considered a quick completion. 10 hours used to be a super quick completion, but now that seems overly long if you’re only playing a game to complete it and not out of any other interest in the game.

With that thought, while I always appreciate these lists I have found that playing a game just for a quick completion has lost its lustre for me and I’m going to try and avoid playing games only for achievements from now on. I’d much rather sink 100 hours into a game I love than 4-5 hours into 20 different games that I don’t enjoy. It feels like a complete misuse of my free time and it has led to more gaming burnout than I ever endured when I was simply playing for fun.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • PALOFGAMESPALOFGAMES578,687
    Posted on 24 September 22 at 17:55
    might give the gunk a look
    .POG.
  • Posted on 24 September 22 at 18:18
    What about Grim Fandango? Or is that not on GP any more?
  • Posted on 24 September 22 at 19:29
    I love these lists. If it's a Saturday and I'm in a gaming funk, it gives me an itinerary to crank through a few games that I would otherwise ignore.
    Shields high.
  • Posted on 24 September 22 at 19:55
    Canezza said:
    ChiflaGoodluck said:
    I suppose that's also the reason for Serious Sam 4 not being here.

So straight forward and not difficult at all, but with a ratio of 3.0 laugh
  • GepardsGepards170,287
    Posted on 24 September 22 at 20:53
    thanks. many of these not so easy as written here. Coffe Talk took some time, Peppa too, besides game technics were so annoying.
    Thanks, guys!
  • TheBongoFuryTheBongoFury921,788
    Posted on 24 September 22 at 22:08
    Quake is pretty easy too with the right walkthroughs.
    (Yeah. I know people will say "you can play with console commands to make it a bit easier" but it is an amazing game with a soundtrack by Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails.)
  • LUDO VLD NLLUDO VLD NL249,130
    Posted on 24 September 22 at 23:20, Edited on 25 September 22 at 08:02 by LUDO VLD NL
    Thanks to this list, I played 14 of the 32 mentioned games and got some easy GS.

I started Tell Me Why today and it's actually
    quite easy and relaxt game. According to the walkthrough it's 7-10 hours for 1500 GS with a low ratio. It's not for everyone, sure. Maybe also a candidate for the list?
  • Posted on 25 September 22 at 01:08
    Canezza said:
    ChiflaGoodluck said:
    Has to be under 2? If it wasn’t for Game Pass that’s where I’d see the ratio being tbh.
    “Life is the universe experiencing itself.” - Spirit of Lord Opengate, "Death’s Door"
  • Posted on 25 September 22 at 07:09
    ChiflaGoodluck said:
    Canezza said:
    ChiflaGoodluck said:
    Has to be under 2? If it wasn’t for Game Pass that’s where I’d see the ratio being tbh.
    I've started to wonder the same, thinking that some of the ratios are inflated due to people dipping in and out of games, unlocking a few achievements and then deciding that the game is not for them and moving on? Be interesting to see if that's a thing.
    He who never made a mistake, never made anything at all
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.