Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBLA Wednesday: November 16th, 2011

• Posted on 16 November 11 at 15:31
    Spacing out

I have to apologize for this being late. You guys asked for XBLA Wednesday posts to remain a staple of your Mondays and we intend to keep it that way. However, until this morning it seemed apparent that nothing was coming to the downloadable market, despite vigilant Googling.

With that said, there is one new title. It's a bit under the radar but it may appease the "Why is every arcade game 1200 MSP?" crowd.

Xotic - 800 MSP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-x694eHdYU

Think you know shooters? Think again. XOTIC is a completely new hybrid; rack up massive point chains, play on 23 levels, and compete globally. Create transparent aerial landing platforms while going for some arcade-style point pick-ups. Use power-ups to boost your abilities. And fire up eight upgradeable weapons to combat the minions of the Orb. All while roaming beautiful but mysterious environments. You’ll see stuff you’ve never seen before, because there’s never been a game like this before.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 November 11 at 15:35
    XOTIC sounds like Transformers!!!
    I love you my son Gabe :)
  • Posted on 16 November 11 at 15:36
    Hmmm.... Interesting as per usual
    Veridis Quo = Disquoveri - ThaRilla ;D
  • Kid VranicKid Vranic475,212
    Posted on 16 November 11 at 15:36, Edited on 16 November 11 at 15:36 by Kid Vranic
    Doesn't look too bad. The gun looks a bit like the BFG9000 and I take anything that even remotely looks like doom ;-)
    There is no Spoon
  • D4rthD4nteD4rthD4nte297,956
    Posted on 16 November 11 at 15:41
    Graphics looks really good, but I don't think I'll play it. I'll try the demo for fun.
  • Im the LoraxIm the Lorax294,224
    Posted on 16 November 11 at 15:48
    yeah if it was 400 or 600 maybe but not 800.. it would be badass if it was kinect game tho,then i might pay for it, looks pretty interesting, aggree with D4arthD4ante, get the demo play for fun
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty690,742
    Posted on 16 November 11 at 15:49
    It doesnt look too shabby, will definitely give the demo a go then decide.
  • Nod NolanNod Nolan698,764
    Posted on 16 November 11 at 15:57
    Im the Lorax said:
    yeah if it was 400 or 600 maybe but not 800.. it would be badass if it was kinect game tho,then i might pay for it, looks pretty interesting, aggree with D4arthD4ante, get the demo play for fun
    If it was 400 MSP you'd still get people saying maybe if it was 200 or 240.... angry
  • Facial La FleurFacial La Fleur1,286,891
    Posted on 16 November 11 at 15:59
    Hmm this looks pretty interesting but I'll wait for a sale before committing to a long term relationship with it. Will have to try out the trial for sure.
  • elKazaamelKazaam137,672
    Posted on 16 November 11 at 16:06
    Im the Lorax said:
    i think so 2. and it remainds me a little bit on portal.....
  • Posted on 16 November 11 at 16:32
    Nod Nolan said:
    Im the Lorax said:
    If it was 400 MSP you'd still get people saying maybe if it was 200 or 240.... angry
    Exactly what I was thinking...

This looks interesting, but I doubt I'll have time for it with Skyrim, Forza, AC, BF, MW3 and LOTR right round the corner.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy528,377
    Posted on 16 November 11 at 16:58
    Definite DotW buy.
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • alanp9alanp91,610,616
    Posted on 16 November 11 at 17:11
    I guess they realized that everyone's busy playing the gazillion retail titles that've been released within the past couple of weeks.
  • Posted on 16 November 11 at 17:51
    Looks interesting. The gun looks like one of the alien ones out of the original Prey
  • FreakGirlFreakGirl125,827
    Posted on 16 November 11 at 18:39
    I guess I'll check out the demo and then we'll see...! I am skeptical about it, but it wouldn't be the first time that a game, I thought was crap, got me totally addicted :D
  • Posted on 16 November 11 at 19:29
    Looks decent
  • WindsWakerWindsWaker43,179
    Posted on 16 November 11 at 21:15
    Hey ive seen this before...Oh yeah!It was realeased on Steam a while ago....It was fun but i wasnt exactly sure what was going on..I think ill enjoy it more on Xbox
  • Solario32Solario32308,566
    Posted on 16 November 11 at 21:39
    Nod Nolan said:
    Im the Lorax said:
    Hahaha I know I would...
  • ShinUkyoShinUkyo183,328
    Posted on 16 November 11 at 22:02
    This is multiple weeks in a row with just one XBLA release. Heck, this time it looked like there wouldn't even be one at all. These would have been perfect opportunities for Microsoft to finally put up Iron Brigade, for Christ's sake. It would be a total standout on weeks like these, rather than the usual XBLA release weeks that see two to four titles come out. The fans in most of Europe are clamoring for the game (at least the ones that aren't unfairly blaming Double Fine for the delay in their region.) And the folks who already have the game want the damned free update with Survival Mode.

As for Xotic, it looks very cool. I wonder if it was specifically being saved as a backup for a week with no releases. In that case, they should just bring out the big guns: R.B.I. Baseball. laugh
  • Posted on 16 November 11 at 22:36
    I believe it was known from Monday or early yesterday that Xotic would be coming out this week. I don't know what kind of "vigilant googling" the newshounds do here.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.