Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Two new Star Wars games a year is Disney's plan — report

• DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs368,780
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 15:23
    Disney reportedly plans to release video games based on the Star Wars universe every six months going forward, offering one AAA release and one smaller title each fiscal year.

Please click here to read the full story: Two new Star Wars games a year is Disney's plan — report
  • Posted on 27 September 22 at 15:28
    Honestly, as long as they're as good as Fallen Order, I'm fine with this.

If we could have a game where we play as a Sith throughout or a remake of Empire at War, then I'd be very happy.
  • PURESSENCEPURESSENCE1,962,033
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 15:31
    If they were all to the quality of something like X-Wing, Knights of the Old Republic or Jedi Knight no one would have any issues with this. Sadly, you just know this won't be the case.
    Too much work, not enough games
  • thanatos8285thanatos8285729,265
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 15:34
    I could see the smaller releases bringing us some gems. The major yearly release conjures images of crap like COD though. Maybe this will force them to do 1313 after all though (or whatever that numerically-named game that got cancelled was called).
  • Negative ZZNegative ZZ112,670
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 15:34
    Get different studios to do each one, theres no way even a big studio is going to be able to keep up with that schedule.
    Back from about a ten year hiatus
  • IRL Games XIRL Games X868,773
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 15:38
    I need more great Star Wars content! Can we get a AAA pod racer game?
    IRL Games X
  • ScoliScoli112,552
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 15:41
    They wanted to do something similar with the movies too and then people got burnt out after Solo
  • Z792Z7921,322,330
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 15:49
    ManicMetalhead said:

If we could have a game where we play as a Sith throughout or a remake of Empire at War, then I'd be very happy.
    GamePass on PC is the perfect opportunity for a remake of EaW (with achievements please!) Always love to see people give that game attention
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483302,629
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 15:54
    Scoli said:
    They wanted to do something similar with the movies too and then people got burnt out after Solo
    Solo wasn't to blame for that, it wasn't that bad a movie. It was boycotted in response to TLJ since that movie alienated a huge portion of the fans. Disney don't see it that way sadly and think Solo was the problem.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • Posted on 27 September 22 at 15:55
    Z792 said:
    ManicMetalhead said:

GamePass on PC is the perfect opportunity for a remake of EaW (with achievements please!) Always love to see people give that game attention
    The original game and the Forces of Corruption expansion were both far too good, spent so many hours playing them both!
  • Posted on 27 September 22 at 15:58
    Yeah, Idk how I feel about this
  • ObsuleteObsulete781,613
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 16:05
    Stevo6483 said:
    Scoli said:
    Solo wasn't to blame for that, it wasn't that bad a movie. It was boycotted in response to TLJ since that movie alienated a huge portion of the fans. Disney don't see it that way sadly and think Solo was the problem.
    We must have watched two different versions of Solo because I remember it being pretty bad. If it didn't have Star Wars in the title it would have been forgotten by now.
  • Posted on 27 September 22 at 16:07
    Always hyped for anything Star Wars.
  • Burty JrBurty Jr832,763
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 16:16
    Twice the games, double the money. Don’t get me wrong, a game every 6 months isn’t necessarily bad, but the way they’ve been spewing out sub-par SW and Marvel content leaves me with little to no faith. Slow tf down you tyrannical gluttons.
  • SpirochaeteSpirochaete2,539,840
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 16:19
    Do it only if they're gonna do it well.

No F2P, online-only games, please.

Still not happy with the downfall of Disney Interactive, that delisted/discontinued Disney Infinity, etc.
  • LilGurgiLilGurgi326,881
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 16:25
    Not good news. I just don't see them being able to put out quality/worthwhile games that often. Just screams cash grab by Disney to make as much money on Star Wars before it burns out. I've loving the geekdom with Marvel/Star Wars, but there is a limit you can shove out before the general public starts wanting "something else".
  • Posted on 27 September 22 at 16:30
    The fact they have multiple studios working on different types of games is definitely a good sign, don't want a subpar yearly 'sequel' but a selection of new IPs based in the SW universe, remakes/remasters of older games will be great.
  • WJS OsirisWJS Osiris835,843
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 16:35
    Better start reviving some of your long lost games then. Rouge squadron, empire at war, pod racer ect.
  • Nave SutlefNave Sutlef109,546
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 17:06
    Most companies can’t even handle one a year, and they want to do two? I can’t see this being a good idea.
  • Posted on 27 September 22 at 17:08
    How do we not have a new, or even a remake of Dark Forces?

They screwed up big time with giving EA exclusive rights for as long as they did.

Now if we can get achievements on Republic commando (like Sony got) and a rerelease of the GameCube Bounty Hunter game I’d be happy.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.