The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: 71 quick completions from the latest Xbox sales

• vegansoundvegansound984,638
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 01:15
    A Krayt Dragon said:
    vegansound said:
    71.......... Most are shitty games made only for achievement hunters. What a shame the video game industry has became... What about the next Black Friday sales, 325 easy titles, for only 3 normal/hard ones?! angry
    You play your games the way you want, let others play them the way they want.
    It's not about playing games anymore here, but about having the most GamerScore in the least time. But easy acts cost a bit. $5 here, $4 there = a big amount in the end just for a number...

Easy games Gs are the cancer of this generation, and the winners are the devs.

Who here fully finished Avatar? I did. We're very rare to go beyond the first 15 mins. When we see games where the 1,000Gs can be done in the very first level(s) whereas there are dozens of them, it's sad. Those devs pull the industry downwards. And they are more and more (71 titles this week!!!).
  • Posted on 28 September 22 at 01:43
    Wasn't Avatar removed from the store a long time ago?
  • Posted on 28 September 22 at 02:29
    DoYouWantAnts said:
    Wasn't Avatar removed from the store a long time ago?
    Went back up when it went backwards compatible.
    #1 Resident Evil Fan
  • Posted on 28 September 22 at 02:47
    Picked up ‘South of the Circle’ ⭕️

Looking forward to playing.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong467,656
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 02:54
    vegansound said:
    A Krayt Dragon said:
    vegansound said:
    71.......... Most are shitty games made only for achievement hunters. What a shame the video game industry has became... What about the next Black Friday sales, 325 easy titles, for only 3 normal/hard ones?! angry
    It's not about playing games anymore here, but about having the most GamerScore in the least time. But easy acts cost a bit. $5 here, $4 there = a big amount in the end just for a number...

Who here fully finished Avatar? I did. We're very rare to go beyond the first 15 mins. When we see games where the 1,000Gs can be done in the very first level(s) whereas there are dozens of them, it's sad. Those devs pull the industry downwards. And they are more and more (71 titles this week!!!).
    I think most people haven’t but you’re not the first to mention that it’s actually a good game if one bothers to finish playing (not sure how much of that requires being an Avatar fan or if a non fan would have a great time as well).
  • Angels Kill TooAngels Kill Too1,818,161
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 07:11
    vegansound said:
    more like the conformists who play the garbage they put out, says a lot about "hunters" nowadays doesn't it? laugh

toast
    Everything will be fine in the End... If it's not fine... Then it's not the End...
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant892,315
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 08:18
    It would be helpful if there were icons to add/remove to the Wish List. I had 51 titles on my Wish List go on sale, not sure which ones, if any, are missing. There are so many quick GS games now, that I have hundreds on my Wish List, waiting for 75% off and I don't remember what they are called. laugh
    Take a look at My Lists, focusing on older titles, and always looking for new gaming partners.
  • GR34TD3STR0Y3RGR34TD3STR0Y3R1,106,068
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 10:10
    Fuck that! This is ridilcious.

Because I already own most of these shamefully shit gamesheadspin
    TIL: Having numbers instead of letters in a gamertag is edgy. Awesome!
  • vegansoundvegansound984,638
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 10:47
    TymanTheLong said:
    vegansound said:
    A Krayt Dragon said:
    vegansound said:

I think most people haven’t but you’re not the first to mention that it’s actually a good game if one bothers to finish playing (not sure how much of that requires being an Avatar fan or if a non fan would have a great time as well).
    I don't know a single thing about Avatar, but the game was 'good'. It's not adult-aimed, it's rather for kids, but it was ok without being memorable. Instead of puttingthe 1,000G at the beginning, there was clearly room to put them across the campaign: story related, collectibles, kills...
  • Posted on 28 September 22 at 12:46
    Most here have never finished Avatar. I haven't even started it laugh
  • Posted on 28 September 22 at 14:46
    vegansound said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    vegansound said:
    A Krayt Dragon said:
    vegansound said:

I don't know a single thing about Avatar, but the game was 'good'. It's not adult-aimed, it's rather for kids, but it was ok without being memorable. Instead of puttingthe 1,000G at the beginning, there was clearly room to put them across the campaign: story related, collectibles, kills...
    And I'm saying some people derive pleasure or a sense of accomplishment from achievements, and that's OK. You enjoy the games you enjoy for the reasons you enjoy them. That's not inherently 'better' than people who enjoy gamerscore or quick achievements.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,657,661
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 15:19
    vegansound said:
    there was clearly room to put them across the campaign: story related, collectibles, kills...
    NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.

Collectibles are the fucking worst.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • RichnjRichnj440,389
    Posted yesterday at 09:01
    vegansound said:
    I'd sooner pick up these games than the endless "optional cosmetic skins" you see in the "AAA" space.
  • AnxsighetyAnxsighety1,866,720
    Posted yesterday at 11:31
    wish these would stop being posted.
    Posted yesterday at 11:34
    vegansound said:
    A Krayt Dragon said:
    vegansound said:

The devs aren't winning either. It might be free money, but remember - they have to waste their actual time making them. It's an embarrassment to the industry and MS/PS should both crack down on it severely.
  • Posted yesterday at 17:06
    Anxsighety said:
    "I wish an article I don't personally benefit from but thousands of others do would stop existing despite the fact that I can just ignore it if it doesn't pertain to me"

FTFY
  • CanezzaCanezza196,496
    Posted yesterday at 17:14
    Anxsighety said:
    warning
    Posted yesterday at 21:22
    A Krayt Dragon said:
    Anxsighety said:
    "I wish an article I don't personally benefit from but thousands of others do would stop existing despite the fact that I can just ignore it if it doesn't pertain to me"

FTFY
    Nobody benefits from it because shovelware with garbage achievements/trophies are bad for the industry.

And it does pertain to me. I enjoy unlocking achievements that are worthwhile and still chase them and have been on this site for over a decade. So kick rocks.
    Posted yesterday at 21:24
    Canezza said:
    Anxsighety said:
    warning
    I understand they get the most clicks on the site, it’s cool.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant892,315
    Posted yesterday at 21:49
    Anxsighety said:
    Canezza said:
    Anxsighety said:
    warning
    I understand they get the most clicks on the site, it’s cool.
    They also post a Picks article for their recommendations from the sale, so you could just go read that. Easy games don't always equal bad games.
    Take a look at My Lists, focusing on older titles, and always looking for new gaming partners.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.