Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

New weekly Xbox Game Pass Quests are now live for another 70 Microsoft Reward Points

• WebChimp UKWebChimp UK661,521
  • Posted on 27 September 22 at 21:07
    I thought the Artful escape had left Gamepass?
  • HookerShawnHookerShawn114,810
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 21:09
    asking for me to buy it also, and I do have Ultimate
  • WriggyWriggy1,701,345
  • NaianashaNaianasha639,756
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 21:11, Edited on 27 September 22 at 21:11 by Naianasha
    lol The Artful Escape literally left Game Pass already.
    That's pretty funny. Good one, guys.
  • Matthz8Matthz8575,976
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 21:47
    Yeah, Artful Escape left Game Pass on Sept 15.
  • The lMlanThe lMlan1,390,088
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 22:30
    The name of the game that leaves game pass but has a quest remain for it is just perfect
    It's beginning to look a lot like glitchmas, every game I play
  • notoriousJMZnotoriousJMZ537,681
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 22:31
    Surprised there is no mention in the TA article that there's a non GP game in there (assuming a mistake on Xboxs part)
  • IlI RAZE IIIIlI RAZE III284,961
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 22:53
    Cmonnnn can't wait to play artful escape agai- oh wait
  • ALoneWolf42ALoneWolf42382,276
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 23:08
    Not really related, but did anyone else notice nobody in The Artful Escape had eyes? Well, the humans all wore sunglasses all the time.

It’s my theory they were mutants or lived on a planet without eyes, and the glasses let them see like Geordie on TNG.
  • Posted on 27 September 22 at 23:22
    Hopefully that quests gets fixed soon. I have over 16, 000 points and need less then 7 000 for a 25 dollar gift card.
  • xVAMPMANxxVAMPMANx756,219
    Posted on 27 September 22 at 23:47
    Having a quest for The Artful Escape reminds me of the challenge to unlock an achievement in an xbox original.
  • ShadowRaven9ShadowRaven9407,504
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 01:52
    ALoneWolf42 said:
    Not really related, but did anyone else notice nobody in The Artful Escape had eyes? Well, the humans all wore sunglasses all the time.

It’s my theory they were mutants or lived on a planet without eyes, and the glasses let them see like Geordie on TNG.
    Perhaps the glasses are symbolism for how we all look at the world through a different lense. Everyone looks at the protagonist as someone he wasn't and they could never see him for his true self.

Or the devs didn't know how to make eyes...
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion912,287
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 02:09
    Matthz8 said:
    Yeah, Artful Escape left Game Pass on Sept 15.
    Adding playing it as a Game Pass quest after it left is an artful escape.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • Arak TaiRothArak TaiRoth851,737
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 03:58
    The amount of points given for these quests seems really really low. Just by doing the obvious stuff available on the rewards app, I can easily snag at least 200 - 250 points per day. Granted these are really easy, but 25 points and 10 points isn't doing much for me.
  • ShadowRaven9ShadowRaven9407,504
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 04:18
    Arak TaiRoth said:
    The amount of points given for these quests seems really really low. Just by doing the obvious stuff available on the rewards app, I can easily snag at least 200 - 250 points per day. Granted these are really easy, but 25 points and 10 points isn't doing much for me.
    Honestly, I think people should realize where and why the points come from. Microsoft is basically selling your data but if the data is faked or untelling of a story, it's not worth much. Points devalue if they're high in number and easily gotten.

The Bing searches, with the goal for them to be authentic, is where the money is. Gamepass points are to insentivize new game sales, via starting a new game but the approach is a bit wrong from MS.

Tldr, I agree with you, but points arent worth much anymore.
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285736,935
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 04:31, Edited on 28 September 22 at 04:36 by EazyE2285
    9 hours post that tweet and still no fix? Literally toss one of your owns games out there to “play”. The rewards system is a complete shit show that needs let go from top to bottom and replaced with competent employees

Side note: first time in months (year plus?) I haven’t got the 1k. I’m gonna miss dailies by like a week 🤦🏼‍♂️
  • Posted on 28 September 22 at 05:12, Edited on 28 September 22 at 05:13 by Prattalmighty
    Arak TaiRoth said:
    There's an app?
  • Arak TaiRothArak TaiRoth851,737
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 05:47
    Prattalmighty said:
    Arak TaiRoth said:
    There's an app?
    The Microsoft Rewards app. Gives you 50 points a day for earning an achievement. And at least 150 - 200 points a day for doing searches on Bing with the xbox, and with your mobile device, and answering a few quick questions on Bing. Plus 5 points per game to just look at, every now and then, sometimes a quick poll for 10 points. Every month there's 2000 points up for grabs for doing a small laundry list of things, and then every week there's just a bonus 100 points on a random day. It's really easy points.
  • Posted on 28 September 22 at 07:35
    Arak TaiRoth said:
    These "Play"-quests can easily be done via Xcloud (I have it on my phone) and more importantly they help with the monthly 1000-points-quest. Just do the daily game-starts and those "Play"-weeklies via Xcloud and you get the 1000 at the end of the month without much effort. That stuff alone makes (in Germany at least) in total 1290 points per month: 3 daily-points on 30 days for "Play a game" and 50 weekly-points for "Play this game" and the 1000 monthly.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.