Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

New weekly Xbox Game Pass Quests are now live for another 70 Microsoft Reward Points

• paramoreRyanparamoreRyan857,834
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 08:14
    Arak TaiRoth said:
    Prattalmighty said:
    Arak TaiRoth said:
    The amount of points given for these quests seems really really low. Just by doing the obvious stuff available on the rewards app, I can easily snag at least 200 - 250 points per day. Granted these are really easy, but 25 points and 10 points isn't doing much for me.
    There's an app?
    The Microsoft Rewards app. Gives you 50 points a day for earning an achievement. And at least 150 - 200 points a day for doing searches on Bing with the xbox, and with your mobile device, and answering a few quick questions on Bing. Plus 5 points per game to just look at, every now and then, sometimes a quick poll for 10 points. Every month there's 2000 points up for grabs for doing a small laundry list of things, and then every week there's just a bonus 100 points on a random day. It's really easy points.
    There's also a bunch of easy points on the Xbox app, although I think only in certain regions. Currently you get points for every day you login (more every day) plus 10 for loading a PC game and 100 for loading Fortnite on the cloud. And with those two you get an extra 50% of points for each of the following: if you have a social account linked, have 7+ friends, and are a GP subscriber. So if you have all 3 you get 250 for loading Fortnite and 25 for loading a PC game, every day. Plus 5/10 etc increasing each day you login. There's also an extra one for playing a round of a mobile game that isn't worth it to me.
  • PARANOID365PARANOID365150,960
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 08:23
    They should just bring the game back, it's an amazing game, I actually wouldn't mind doing another run through.
  • notoriousJMZnotoriousJMZ536,559
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 09:19
    EazyE2285 said:
    Side note: first time in months (year plus?) I haven’t got the 1k. I’m gonna miss dailies by like a week 🤦🏼‍♂️
    Did you miss doing a week of dailies? Normally, I would have 5 days to spare to cover should I miss a day or so. I've got one daily to do today and the 1k is done.
  • vegansoundvegansound1,069,336
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 10:56
    paramoreRyan said:
    There's also a bunch of easy points on the Xbox app, although I think only in certain regions. Currently you get points for every day you login (more every day) plus 10 for loading a PC game and 100 for loading Fortnite on the cloud. And with those two you get an extra 50% of points for each of the following: if you have a social account linked, have 7+ friends, and are a GP subscriber. So if you have all 3 you get 250 for loading Fortnite and 25 for loading a PC game, every day. Plus 5/10 etc increasing each day you login. There's also an extra one for playing a round of a mobile game that isn't worth it to me.
    Wow wow wow, wait a minute, please. Can you tell us where did you see that? I'm in the Rewards program since day-1 and never heard of PC games, Fornite and so. Please explain.
  • paramoreRyanparamoreRyan857,834
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 12:17
    vegansound said:
    paramoreRyan said:
    Wow wow wow, wait a minute, please. Can you tell us where did you see that? I'm in the Rewards program since day-1 and never heard of PC games, Fornite and so. Please explain.
    It's on the normal "Xbox" mobile phone app, I just had a look and seems it may only be selected places or people. There's a link here for details:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/games-apps/achievements/...
  • Posted on 28 September 22 at 12:54
    paramoreRyan said:
    It's on the normal "Xbox" mobile phone app, I just had a look and seems it may only be selected places or people. There's a link here for details:
    I suspect it must be. The section for points only appeared relatively recently in my app, despite friends having had it a while before. Even now, it has points for playing a PC game, and playing a PC game with friends (which are no use to me as I don't have a PC I can use) but no Fortnite reward.
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 12:57
    paramoreRyan said:
    vegansound said:
    paramoreRyan said:
    Can't see anything about Fortnite nor PC games. Can you find an article on any website saying it's possible? I just Googled 'xbox reward points fortnite', and I couldn't see a single site talking about that, worldwide, that's strange.
  • Posted on 28 September 22 at 13:10
    vegansound said:
    Can't see anything about Fortnite nor PC games. Can you find an article on any website saying it's possible? I just Googled 'xbox reward points fortnite', and I couldn't see a single site talking about that, worldwide, that's strange.
    I just tried to post a screenshot of my Xbox Beta app Rewards tab showing the PC games rewards, but don't think the site is set up to allow pics...

I think it might be a regional thing, and/or a staged roll-out thing. I'm in the UK, and some regions definitely had it before anyone here - but friends in the UK also had it before I did.

You could always try updating your app, just in case it hasn't happened automatically.
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 13:28
    Lurking Lawyer said:
    vegansound said:
    I just tried to post a screenshot of my Xbox Beta app Rewards tab showing the PC games rewards, but don't think the site is set up to allow pics...

I think it might be a regional thing, and/or a staged roll-out thing. I'm in the UK, and some regions definitely had it before anyone here - but friends in the UK also had it before I did.

You could always try updating your app, just in case it hasn't happened automatically.
    Thanks for the reply. Maybe a pic with your smartphone?

I'm in France, not a third/fourth/fifth world country, so let's hope it'll come soon.

I'm up-to-date everywhere (PC, console, phone), and still nothing. Let's wait.
  • KnoellKnoell456,161
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 14:43, Edited on 28 September 22 at 14:45 by Knoell
    vegansound said:
    Lurking Lawyer said:
    vegansound said:

Thanks for the reply. Maybe a pic with your smartphone?

I'm in France, not a third/fourth/fifth world country, so let's hope it'll come soon.

I'm up-to-date everywhere (PC, console, phone), and still nothing. Let's wait.
    Pretty sure I read on reddit it is only available in UK and Germany I think. Not even available in the US.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftRewards/comments/w4s4wd/pl...
  • SpirochaeteSpirochaete2,645,191
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 15:00
    ShadowRaven9 said:
    Arak TaiRoth said:
    The amount of points given for these quests seems really really low. Just by doing the obvious stuff available on the rewards app, I can easily snag at least 200 - 250 points per day. Granted these are really easy, but 25 points and 10 points isn't doing much for me.
    Honestly, I think people should realize where and why the points come from. Microsoft is basically selling your data but if the data is faked or untelling of a story, it's not worth much. Points devalue if they're high in number and easily gotten.

The Bing searches, with the goal for them to be authentic, is where the money is. Gamepass points are to insentivize new game sales, via starting a new game but the approach is a bit wrong from MS.

Tldr, I agree with you, but points arent worth much anymore.
    You're right that points are there to generate data. And data = $ for corporations.

But another interpretation: Points are paying us to look at ads. Play/look at games. Bing searches that have ads for things to buy. Advertising all the way down.

Which is not the worst thing. Getting paid to look at ads is the inverse of getting free TV/youtube content but full of ads.
  • flodrosflodros676,311
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 16:45
    For the xbox app on the mobile, try turning off wifi and connecting through mobile data. I had a week where I thought they'd disappeared. Left it open on my phone and checked while i was out (therefore on 4G, not my home wifi) and there they were again!
  • KnoellKnoell456,161
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 18:35
    How can people say the points aren't worth much?

I am about to get my 2nd $100.00 gift card and I don't do all of the activities or I could probably double that.

That is a great deal in my opinion.
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285734,659
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 19:22
    notoriousJMZ said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    Side note: first time in months (year plus?) I haven’t got the 1k. I’m gonna miss dailies by like a week 🤦🏼‍♂️
    Did you miss doing a week of dailies? Normally, I would have 5 days to spare to cover should I miss a day or so. I've got one daily to do today and the 1k is done.
    A lot more than that as I’ve just looked. I’ve rarely been home this last month and forgot cloud would work too. I’m at 8/22 10 when I do todays and accept my quest rewards
  • BloomyBloomy309,331
    Posted on 28 September 22 at 20:04
    The Artful Escape quest has been replaced with one for Tunic.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.