The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up October 4th, 2022

• AllgorhythmAllgorhythm587,174
    Posted on 04 October 22 at 18:04
    TymanTheLong said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    Too bad Dead Island Definitive Edition isn't on sale for the TA Playlist. cry
    It looks like it’s $19.99 used at GameStop, which is surprising. If you happen to have one of their coupons or some used game store nearby with decent prices you could probably snag a used copy, play it, and sell it back for about 1/3 what you paid.

I mean, even digitally at full price from MS you are getting two remastered full games for $19.99, so it’s not the worst deal in the world, a sale would probably only save $10.
    I have Dead Island (Xbox 360). I played it about 10 years ago before I started using this GamerTag. But I'd play the Definitive Edition because it has more than 30 rare achievements for the October target gold medal.

But it's a moot point. I tried to get one of the gunslingers to put in a genre disagreement to add FPS to the genres because I'm going for the Oct target. I don't have the time to play the Playlist game and a FPS unless the playlist game is a FPS. If Dead Island Definitive Edition were categorized as a FPS (it has 1st person POV and there are enough fire arms that people that prefer a ranged play style can go to town); then I could use it to get the Oct rare achievement & FPS targets in addition to playing the playlist game.

Unfortunately, nobody has stepped up. I'm about to finish Bloodroots. As soon as I do, I'll start a FPS--I haven't decided which yet--but it will have at least 20 rare achievements. Bloodroots will give me the other 10.
    Posted on 04 October 22 at 18:16
    PirateRyanG said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    Isn't that game like constantly on sale? Must have been the first time in ages!
    Yes. It was just on sale (dirt cheap) just a couple of months ago and, again, earlier in the year--also dirt cheap.
  • sdutton007sdutton007389,817
    Posted on 04 October 22 at 21:52
    Yummy Baklava said:
    FFS borderlands DLC goes on sale every two, maybe three weeks and it’s never the Commander Lilith DLC for Borderlands 2!
    It's a shame that it was only free for a short time!

I'm still after the Season Pass for Borderlands Pre-Sequel, but pretty sure that'll never happen and I'm not going to pay £24 for some 8 year old DLC (I have the collection on XB1 but ideally want to 100% the 360 version)
  • KaitehKaiteh500,758
    Posted on 05 October 22 at 19:20
    Maxumilli0n said:
    Dog shit trash
    Lol Max, tell them how you really feel.
    The only good parties are Xbox ones. - ItsLC Gaming
  • CardzZillaCardzZilla26,577
    Posted on 06 October 22 at 23:44
    question...

i still have the copy of GTA 5 on my xbox one from when it was on game pass.

can i get GTA 5 online for xbox one, or is it only available for series x/s?
  • Posted on 08 October 22 at 20:23, Edited on 08 October 22 at 20:24 by Bolter Elite
    sdutton007 said:
    Yummy Baklava said:
    FFS borderlands DLC goes on sale every two, maybe three weeks and it’s never the Commander Lilith DLC for Borderlands 2!

I'm still after the Season Pass for Borderlands Pre-Sequel, but pretty sure that'll never happen and I'm not going to pay £24 for some 8 year old DLC (I have the collection on XB1 but ideally want to 100% the 360 version)
    Get the Borderlands Triple Pack has all DLC for all 3 games comes in a neat folding out paper sleeve, and can be gotten fairly cheap.

Also the DLC is DRM free soooo... Yeah you know what you could do *wink wink*
    Main GT: DutchxMonster
  • Posted on 08 October 22 at 20:25
    Allgorhythm said:
    PirateRyanG said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    Isn't that game like constantly on sale? Must have been the first time in ages!
    Yes. It was just on sale (dirt cheap) just a couple of months ago and, again, earlier in the year--also dirt cheap.
    Got my Promotional copy for 10 euro from a local equivalent of eBay try Craigslist or something bound to be cheap there
    Posted on 11 October 22 at 18:46
    Bolter Elite said:
    sdutton007 said:
    Yummy Baklava said:

Get the Borderlands Triple Pack has all DLC for all 3 games comes in a neat folding out paper sleeve, and can be gotten fairly cheap.

Thanks! I'm trying to find it but it seems rather rare in the UK. No copies on ebay and other places want like £50-£70 :( I'll keep my eye out for it though
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong470,742
    Posted on 11 October 22 at 19:06
    sdutton007 said:
    Bolter Elite said:
    sdutton007 said:
    Yummy Baklava said:

Thanks! I'm trying to find it but it seems rather rare in the UK. No copies on ebay and other places want like £50-£70 :( I'll keep my eye out for it though
    What he’s saying is you don’t need to buy the DLC discs, just have someone who already has them come by. Im actually surprised more people don’t know that 360 DLC on discs was DRM free (not just Borderlands, all of it).

Though digital Borderlands DLC tends to be on sale so much I'm not sure why you wouldn’t just pay $5 to avoid the hassle.
    Posted on 11 October 22 at 19:24, Edited on 11 October 22 at 19:25 by sdutton007
    TymanTheLong said:
    What he’s saying is you don’t need to buy the DLC discs, just have someone who already has them come by. Im actually surprised more people don’t know that 360 DLC on discs was DRM free (not just Borderlands, all of it).

Though digital Borderlands DLC tends to be on sale so much I'm not sure why you wouldn’t just pay $5 to avoid the hassle.
    Yeah, if I knew someone that had the DLC discs, I'd ask them. Sadly there's probably only a few in the whole country.

I'm not sure about DLC on 360 but 360 DLC isn't DRM-free on Xbox1 (which is how I'm playing it - although I'd happily swap to my 360 if I could borrow a DLC disk). You have to have the 360 DLC disc in to use it on X1.

Trust me, if the Borderlands Pre-Sequel DLC went on sale, I'd buy it!!! Plenty of Borderlands DLC goes on sale but it never seems to be the pre-sequel stuff. And I'm not paying £23 for it!

On a similar subject though, are there any price trackers for 360? All the ones I know of are dead and gone. Only XBDeals and XBNow seem active now and neither does 360 games/dlc.
  • Posted on 11 October 22 at 20:30, Edited on 11 October 22 at 20:42 by Bolter Elite
    sdutton007 said:
    TymanTheLong said:

Yeah, if I knew someone that had the DLC discs, I'd ask them. Sadly there's probably only a few in the whole country.

I'm not sure about DLC on 360 but 360 DLC isn't DRM-free on Xbox1 (which is how I'm playing it - although I'd happily swap to my 360 if I could borrow a DLC disk). You have to have the 360 DLC disc in to use it on X1.

Trust me, if the Borderlands Pre-Sequel DLC went on sale, I'd buy it!!! Plenty of Borderlands DLC goes on sale but it never seems to be the pre-sequel stuff. And I'm not paying £23 for it!

On a similar subject though, are there any price trackers for 360? All the ones I know of are dead and gone. Only XBDeals and XBNow seem active now and neither does 360 games/dlc.
    Im actually implying something different involving the magical world of the internet and USB Drives ;)

Also you can ask someone to just Download the DLC on a Drive and have them send it to you, I'm pretty sure someone in the UK has the DLC already, heck they could upload it to OneDrive, Google Drive or MegaUpload and that would do the trick

Also a disk copy for me usually is around 25€. But yeah looks like this game didn't have many sales in the UK somehow, had the game with Dragon Age 1 Ultimate edition, this game + DLC only came out in the UK in europe but saves a bunch of money on the DLC

Also Pre Seq DLC is asfaik never on sale

Also not only are DLC disks DRM free but also the Arcade Game Disks that istall to your HDD, like Worms or that 3 Part Alien Breed game, you could get the game at CeX install them and bring the game back for a refund, scummy but you could

And the several advert games like Yaris and Dash of Destruction, you can just download those off the web and slap them on a USB and have fun

Or be a Masochist and get a very specific Demo Disk with Dash of Destruction, like a true elite collector 🧐
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong470,742
    Posted on 11 October 22 at 21:26, Edited on 11 October 22 at 21:28 by TymanTheLong
    sdutton007 said:
    TymanTheLong said:

So I’m not entirely certain how this works when playing back compat. But the One recognizes if you’ve redeemed a Season Pass item in game (because you don’t buy it digitally in the 360 days, if you remember how that works). For example, I’d never redeemed AC3 Tyranny of King George parts 2 and 3 because I thought it sucked. Thus I couldn’t install them on my One X. But I still owned the season pass so I just went into game and redeemed them and then they were installable.

It’s not impossible that you’d just have to fire up your game on a 360 once with the DLC installed to “unlock” it for back compat. Yes you do need a disc installed to play back combat, but that can’t make you have more than 1 disc in the drive. But I don’t know, it could be a waste of time.

But yeah if you want Pre Sequel DLC you’re kinda screwed. The season pass used to go on sale but not anymore.
    Posted on 11 October 22 at 21:59
    Bolter Elite said:
    Im actually implying something different involving the magical world of the internet and USB Drives ;)

Also you can ask someone to just Download the DLC on a Drive and have them send it to you, I'm pretty sure someone in the UK has the DLC already, heck they could upload it to OneDrive, Google Drive or MegaUpload and that would do the trick

Also a disk copy for me usually is around 25€. But yeah looks like this game didn't have many sales in the UK somehow, had the game with Dragon Age 1 Ultimate edition, this game + DLC only came out in the UK in europe but saves a bunch of money on the DLC

Also Pre Seq DLC is asfaik never on sale

Also not only are DLC disks DRM free but also the Arcade Game Disks that istall to your HDD, like Worms or that 3 Part Alien Breed game, you could get the game at CeX install them and bring the game back for a refund, scummy but you could

And the several advert games like Yaris and Dash of Destruction, you can just download those off the web and slap them on a USB and have fun

Or be a Masochist and get a very specific Demo Disk with Dash of Destruction, like a true elite collector 🧐
    Thanks - I'll keep that in mind!
  • Tatl360Tatl360387,156
    Posted today at 01:59
    Got Morrowind on the Xbox 360. Never played it so I guess it's a good start.
    Or maybe start with those free Windows games, Arena and Daggerfall. headspin
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.