Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Multiplayer game Killer Queen Black to be shut down and delisted on Xbox

• CanezzaCanezza220,033
  • regretregret1,544,887
    Posted on 05 October 22 at 10:10
    Amazon sucks.
  • darkwing1232darkwing12321,264,739
    Posted on 05 October 22 at 10:14
    Still charging full price and requires 8 people... I think I'll pass on this one. Way too many other server closures to worry about at this point.
  • Escaflowne01Escaflowne01741,028
    Posted on 05 October 22 at 10:23
    They could have at least put it in the sale.
  • PirateRyanGPirateRyanG203,848
    Posted on 05 October 22 at 10:40
    Escaflowne01 said:
    They could have at least put it in the sale.
    And then have people complain that the game they bought weeks prior no longer works, and then demand a refund?
  • TangerineGamerTangerineGamer2,281,446
    Posted on 05 October 22 at 10:49
    darkwing1232 said:
    Still charging full price and requires 8 people... I think I'll pass on this one. Way too many other server closures to worry about at this point.
    Or two people with 4 controllers each
  • BahaumautBahaumaut1,538,036
    Posted on 05 October 22 at 11:14
    regret said:
    Amazon sucks.
    Funny fact - there are physical versions of the game. And I doubt Amazon is going to stop selling them, despite a massive chunk of the game being broken directly by their decision.
  • TitianDanTitianDan1,093,850
    Posted on 05 October 22 at 11:15
    Will it still be playable though?
    D Jones
  • FejerFejer1,350,172
    Posted on 05 October 22 at 11:21
    I remember playing Killer Queen Black on an arcade cabinet at Evo 2016 in Las Vegas with some random people. Personally that was for me a highlight of the event.
  • Thief000Thief0001,080,283
    Posted on 05 October 22 at 11:24
    It sucks, but I'm skipping this one.
  • DoberkiinDoberkiin745,738
    Posted on 05 October 22 at 11:42
    Bad news
  • GraymawrGraymawr297,155
    Posted on 05 October 22 at 11:44
    darkwing1232 said:
    I think I am right there with you. Plus I got Command and Conquer to worry about.
    Strict Available Times: 10ish PM - 1 AM EST, United States
  • Posted on 05 October 22 at 12:04
    This was fun multiplayer game and well made. Sorry to hear this.
  • Latinfla4Latinfla41,208,141
    Posted on 05 October 22 at 13:03
    Very fun game and if it goes on sale worth a purchase...hopefully one of the companies that cares about gamers an changes the cheevos to be accessible for everyone.
  • Posted on 05 October 22 at 13:53
    Hate to see a 3rd party cause a game to die that from all accounts was pretty good. Amazon, Google & Netflix keep dipping their toes in the gaming waters but don't seem to have the heart or commitment to do it right or for the long haul.
  • DustinatorDustinator776,842
    Posted on 05 October 22 at 14:18
    I really enjoyed KQB when it was on Game Pass. When it left, I told myself I'd buy the game later for the completion and to support the devs. That ain't gonna happen now. Poor choice to have Amazon be the backbone when it comes to online server support & the coding to be solely reliant on AMZ with no chance to transfer to another company. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. I wish the devs best of luck. I had fun playing their game!
  • SpirochaeteSpirochaete2,660,708
    Posted on 05 October 22 at 14:49
    Tough one.

If I buy it though, that means I'll commit to finishing.

As I think about if I have 8 controllers...

Bahaumaut said:
    regret said:
    Amazon sucks.
    Funny fact - there are physical versions of the game. And I doubt Amazon is going to stop selling them, despite a massive chunk of the game being broken directly by their decision.
    On Switch only though. Looks like the xb1 never released though it was planned/announced. Source: https://tinyurl.com/7fre39af

And already out of stock on Amazon directly, though point taken that likely will stick around through third parties there forever & some with Prime shipping still exist on there now.
  • Nave SutlefNave Sutlef126,652
    Posted on 05 October 22 at 15:35
    It was a fun little game, but the 100% being so long and requiring so many players just put me off it. Still, always a shame to see games go.
  • Posted on 05 October 22 at 19:05
    yeah not going to finish that lol
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong499,144
    Posted on 06 October 22 at 01:27, Edited on 06 October 22 at 01:28 by TymanTheLong
    So I skimmed some docs for Amazon GameSparks because I couldn’t understand why it was so integrated. It looks like GameSparks automatically handles threading issues, for example, with calls that need to be synchronous. It also gives a simplified fire and forget access to backend database services. It’s possible it was embedded in tons of the game’s code.

What I cannot understand is GameSparks was in beta. That’s a pretty risky bet for a small indie to make. It’s weird Amazon killed it, though, it’s basically just another Cloud API that leverages their AWS stuff. It seems like it could be an ongoing offering but maybe if they figure their Amazon Gamd Studios is defunct there’s no reason.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.