Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Multiplayer game Killer Queen Black to be shut down and delisted on Xbox

• Posted on 06 October 22 at 02:36
    Won a code on Twitter for this and never started it. Hopefully the devs make the achievements doable offline.
  • foodfood135,474
    Posted on 06 October 22 at 13:45
    Fejer said:
    I remember playing Killer Queen Black on an arcade cabinet at Evo 2016 in Las Vegas with some random people. Personally that was for me a highlight of the event.
    You more likely played the original arcade game, Killer Queen, of which KQB is based upon: https://www.killerqueenarcade.com/

To anyone who enjoyed KQB and lives in or near a US Metro area-- I highly recommend you find out when your local community's "league" night is and check it out in person. The community around KQ is really great.
  • Maughty BearMaughty Bear267,362
    Posted on 06 October 22 at 18:49
    There's 0 sessions laugh
    Jim bob 69
  • keoskeykeoskey1,846,475
    Posted on 06 October 22 at 23:43
    I Own it but i dont know if i want to start it.
    [url=http://xboxamerica.com/?r=card-23392][img]http://xboxamerica.com/gamercards/slim-summary/keoske
  • ZensMeatSlabZensMeatSlab441,655
    Posted on 07 October 22 at 01:10
    This game was atrocious to me, but I do feel bad for the folks who worked on it. I'm sure there is a fanbase who is now out of luck.
    A filthy degenerate obsessed with 2D.
  • Posted on 07 October 22 at 07:03
    Big F.
  • FejerFejer1,350,172
    Posted on 07 October 22 at 08:04
    food said:
    Fejer said:
    I remember playing Killer Queen Black on an arcade cabinet at Evo 2016 in Las Vegas with some random people. Personally that was for me a highlight of the event.
    You more likely played the original arcade game, Killer Queen, of which KQB is based upon: https://www.killerqueenarcade.com/
    Exactly that. I wasn't aware that it's a separate game.
  • x1c1clex1c1cle257,270
    Posted on 07 October 22 at 12:50
    TymanTheLong said:
    So I skimmed some docs for Amazon GameSparks because I couldn’t understand why it was so integrated. It looks like GameSparks automatically handles threading issues, for example, with calls that need to be synchronous. It also gives a simplified fire and forget access to backend database services. It’s possible it was embedded in tons of the game’s code.

What I cannot understand is GameSparks was in beta. That’s a pretty risky bet for a small indie to make. It’s weird Amazon killed it, though, it’s basically just another Cloud API that leverages their AWS stuff. It seems like it could be an ongoing offering but maybe if they figure their Amazon Gamd Studios is defunct there’s no reason.
    I say the modest sales/usage played a part in the decision to close everything down. Likely would take hundreds of hours to refactor GameSparks out- and the dev company doesn't think it's worth it. Definitely not impossible, simply not worth it.
  • foodfood135,474
    Posted on 07 October 22 at 20:52
    riccardosmummy said:
    There's 0 sessions laugh
    Most folks meet on the KQB Discord and a separate "Bee Game" Discord to set up times to play. Recommend going there is anyone's look for play before the end.
  • Maughty BearMaughty Bear267,362
    Posted on 07 October 22 at 20:56
    food said:
    riccardosmummy said:
    There's 0 sessions laugh
    Most folks meet on the KQB Discord and a separate "Bee Game" Discord to set up times to play. Recommend going there is anyone's look for play before the end.
    I wouldn't touch Discord with a 10ft pole. Too many pedos furrys "discord mods" & all sorts of nutters
    ????????????????????????????
  • Posted on 08 October 22 at 06:34
    riccardosmummy said:
    food said:
    riccardosmummy said:
    There's 0 sessions laugh
    I wouldn't touch Discord with a 10ft pole. Too many pedos furrys "discord mods" & all sorts of nutters
    Bro what Discords are you hanging out in?
  • foodfood135,474
    Posted on 10 October 22 at 22:01
    Eternal8laze591 said:
    riccardosmummy said:
    food said:
    riccardosmummy said:
    There's 0 sessions laugh
    Bro what Discords are you hanging out in?
    What a baseless generation on a community chat service. If this is about the pedo part, there's gonna be bad eggs in some communities that get kicked out. If this is about lifestyle choices, who the hell cares if someone's a fury of you've got a common interest.
  • GiinceeGiincee620,627
    Posted on 19 November 22 at 20:42
    There's a new update from the devs about the achievement changes on their site:
    Unfortunately they won't have enough time until the shutdown to change them
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.