Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Xbox Activision Blizzard deal approved in Brazil

• MR MITT3NSMR MITT3NS740,034
    Posted on 06 October 22 at 22:40
    Well that’s not saying much, Brazil will pretty much approve anything for the right amount of money
  • Marcelo PerondiMarcelo Perondi1,051,625
    Posted on 06 October 22 at 23:00
    Crazy Dutchman said:
    It's good to see that CADE understands that they exist to protect consumers.

That being said, who cares what Brazil thinks?

That country destroys our rainforests, and their corrupt president claimed that Covid never existed.
    If a country acts like a toddler, I don't really care about their opinion laugh
    I dont know what is funnier in this comment, the fact that you are asking who cares about what brazil thinks and proceding to spread false information about the country or "our rainforests" assuming that OUR land belongs to the world.laughlaugh

Also you can say whatever you want about the curent president but i can gurantee to you that he is the least corrupt in power for the past few decades.
  • KnoellKnoell476,324
    Posted on 06 October 22 at 23:06
    Seemingly addressing Sony, CADE then said, "Furthermore, it is important to highlight that the central objective of CADE's activities is the protection of competition as a means of promoting the well-being of Brazilian consumers, and not the defence of the particular interests of specific competitors."
    lmao spot on.laugh
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm653,393
    Posted on 06 October 22 at 23:43, Edited on 06 October 22 at 23:44 by Allgorhythm
    Canezza said:
    Brazil's competition regulator has approved Microsoft's acquisition of Activision Blizzard and has rejected Sony's arguments, saying its job isn't to defend "the particular interest of specific competitors."
    Exactly.
    It was reported that PlayStation CEO Jim Ryan flew to Brussels last month to meet EU regulators and voice Sony's concerns about the deal in person.
    This sounds very sketchy. The dominant entity in the industry attempting to influence regulatory bodies. Hopefully, the EU regulators will follow Brazil's lead.
    CADE focusing on the FPS franchise. The regulator said that if Activision Blizzard games, including Call of Duty, were to become exclusive to Xbox, this exclusivity "would not result in a substantial reduction in the levels of competition."
    As a console agnostic, I want all console manufacturers to prosper--Sony, Nintendo, & Microsoft. I prefer that games not be restricted and am against exclusivity on principle. Of the three manufacturers, Microsoft has the fewest exclusives both in number and as a percentage of the game library. It is hardly credible that a larger competitor that relies heavily on exclusivity can, with a straight face, make an argument that the Activision-Blizzard deal should be deep sixed because Microsoft might add a handful of exclusives to their current slim offerings.
  • Posted on 07 October 22 at 02:01
    OhhJustBQ said:
    DarqStalker said:
    So how does the whole approval process work? Does a certain amount of countries need to approve it before it goes forward? Or does all of them need to approve?
    17 countries agencies have to approve
    if any of them deny it microsoft can take them to court

which would make things take longer
    Which 17 Countries does have to approve the deal? I know that Saudi Arabia and Brazil has now approved it and UK is still pending, but is there a list who the other 14 countries are?
  • BostengaableBostengaable277,667
    Posted on 07 October 22 at 05:31, Edited on 07 October 22 at 06:08 by Bostengaable
    Crazy Dutchman said:

That country destroys our rainforests, and their corrupt president claimed that Covid never existed.
    Fake news Bro, don't go with the wave, i will not explain so much because this is a gaming focused website, don't judge the others and take care of your country first, your country has a vast vegetation, large Reforestation area?...Brazil still have food and fresh water a lot, Amazon Rainforest is not yours.
    And Brazil it's on the top 10 in gaming consuming.
    Thanks CADE for confirm the Microsoft-Activision acquisition.
  • Posted on 07 October 22 at 06:18, Edited on 08 October 22 at 01:26 by KronicANDMetal
    Sony will still fight & whinge over it til the very end. Not for their player base at all, but more so for the fact that if/when the deal is approved & the eventual time CoD goes exclusive, Sony will lose money if they want it on their system because they would have to pay royalties to Microsoft.
    On that note. We Xbox players have had Sony Ponies laugh in our faces about lack of exclusives, now with the possibility of losing a BIG title, Sony will kick & scream to make themselves the victim.
  • AndreFlu90AndreFlu90210,412
    Posted on 07 October 22 at 07:47
    Crazy Dutchman said:

Terrible take
    Posted on 07 October 22 at 07:50
    AleisterH said:
    Crazy Dutchman said:

"Our Forests"? They are part of Brazilian territory, so it is not your forest. Worry about your country's forest, and don't spread fake news.
    #FACTS

Shut up stupid gringo
    Posted on 07 October 22 at 07:54
    MR MITT3NS said:
    Well that’s not saying much, Brazil will pretty much approve anything for the right amount of money
    Shut up with this dumb stuff
  • OhhJustBQOhhJustBQ1,109,662
    Posted on 07 October 22 at 08:19
    Krisander 1998 said:
    OhhJustBQ said:
    DarqStalker said:
    So how does the whole approval process work? Does a certain amount of countries need to approve it before it goes forward? Or does all of them need to approve?
    17 countries agencies have to approve
    if any of them deny it microsoft can take them to court

which would make things take longer
    Which 17 Countries does have to approve the deal? I know that Saudi Arabia and Brazil has now approved it and UK is still pending, but is there a list who the other 14 countries are?
    ok maybe regions is better way to say it from what ive read
    saudi arabia
    brazil
    united arab emirates
    south korea
    south africa
    turkey
    new zealand
    australia
    japan
    uk
    usa
    europe
    india
    israel
    canada
    china
    colombia
  • Thetoptom007Thetoptom007315,860
    Posted on 07 October 22 at 12:55
    It makes it much much harder to rule against it with such stong guidance.
  • Posted on 07 October 22 at 22:44
    What does gaming has to do with politics people are just pulling stuff out of nowhere because they don't like this acquisition going through I think some of y'all are dumbasses politics has nothing to do with gaming I'm glad it went through Sony is hypocritical and they're crying they've been doing the same thing for years but now that is getting turned on them on a bigger scale they don't like it please stop talking about politics some of y'all don't make no damn sense y'all are just pissed off that this deal is going through
  • Posted on 07 October 22 at 22:46
    Sony is getting a taste of their own medicine and they deserve it people that's trying to put politics into gaming is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on LOL get over it
  • ajWolfSkyrimajWolfSkyrim178,578
    Posted on 20 December 22 at 16:29
    Crazy Dutchman said:

First of all, if anyone cares about what Brazil thinks, then why are you saying this amount of bullshit?
    Second: I bet you don't know shit about politics of your own country, how can you know anything about Brazilian politics?

Third and most important: SHUT THE F*** UP STUPID GRINGO, AMAZON FOREST IS NOT YOURS.
    Only south American countries have the right to discuss about Amazon, acnowledge your insignificance!
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm653,393
    Posted on 20 December 22 at 16:50
    Shout out to CADE. Their response is well thought out and well articulated.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads