Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deathloop is part of the Dishonored universe, devs confirm

• DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs406,406
    Posted on 10 October 22 at 15:46
    Arkane Studios, the developer behind the Dishonored games and Deathloop, has now confirmed that both games are connected, and Deathloop shows just one possible future that could happen after the events of Death of the Outsider.

Please click here to read the full story: Deathloop is part of the Dishonored universe, devs confirm
  • theslatchertheslatcher661,668
    Posted on 10 October 22 at 15:50
    Would be shocking if they said it wasn't.
  • BlackMaygeBlackMayge38,372
    Posted on 10 October 22 at 15:51
    I thought it was obvious considering the abilities you can acquire in Deathloop. Nonetheless, it’s cool to hear confirmation. I wonder if Arkane will develop more games within the universe and attempt to tie them together in some way.
  • Lord PunchyLord Punchy523,078
    Posted on 10 October 22 at 15:51
    Guessed as much as soon as I saw the "antique" pistols at the end of the game.
  • Posted on 10 October 22 at 15:54
    Really got a lot of Dishonored vibes playing it so this makes sense to me! Enjoyed playing the game way more than I thought I would.
  • Y2K BlasterzY2K Blasterz186,060
    Posted on 10 October 22 at 16:14
    That’s definitely the reason I’m not into any of those games.
    Not my type, but nice to see people are enjoying.
  • Thief000Thief0001,076,103
    Posted on 10 October 22 at 17:37
    I was more surprised by someone from the studio admitting that nobody there wanted to use the name "Prey" for their 2017 game and that it was indeed forced upon them by Bethesda, no doubt to keep the rights to the name, when it had nothing to do with the already established franchise.
  • Posted on 10 October 22 at 17:47
    Thief000 said:
    I was more surprised by someone from the studio admitting that nobody there wanted to use the name "Prey" for their 2017 game and that it was indeed forced upon them by Bethesda, no doubt to keep the rights to the name, when it had nothing to do with the already established franchise.
    That was Raphael Colantonio, the founder of Arkane. He left before Deathloop came out (and I can see why...)
  • Har MiggidoHar Miggido1,622,468
    Posted on 10 October 22 at 17:55
    Little slow on the news here again
  • ElyohElyoh1,034,380
    Posted on 10 October 22 at 18:48
    That increases my interest in it.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Chronic KillerChronic Killer3,412,493
    Posted on 10 October 22 at 19:23
    Dishonored is steampunk and deathloop ise
    post modern, this is like halo and cod taking place in same universe
  • BlackMaygeBlackMayge38,372
    Posted on 10 October 22 at 20:01
    Chronic Killer said:
    Did you read the article at all, or other outlets reporting this? Deathloop is set in the future in the same universe so that’s why you see steampunk in Dishonored and post modern in Deathloop.
  • CanezzaCanezza219,147
    Posted on 10 October 22 at 20:15, Edited on 10 October 22 at 20:49 by Canezza
    Har Miggido said:
    We don't have weekend/evening staff like other sites, so we can't always get to things when they happen out of hours or close to quittin' time, sorry!
  • Har MiggidoHar Miggido1,622,468
    Posted on 10 October 22 at 20:56
    Canezza said:
    Har Miggido said:
    We don't have weekend/evening staff like other sites, so we can't always get to things when they happen out of hours or close to quittin' time, sorry!
    It's alright. Don't worry about it.
  • Posted on 10 October 22 at 21:07, Edited on 10 October 22 at 21:07 by Tozi Tiberius
    I guess it's like when I found out that the movie Soldier was set in the same universe as Blade Runner.
    Shields high.
  • Sketchy77Sketchy77568,405
    Posted on 10 October 22 at 21:07
    Cool but Dishonored 3 when?
    Achievement Unlocked ~ Read My Signature 0G
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm614,172
    Posted on 10 October 22 at 21:11
    Sketchy77 said:
    Cool but Dishonored 3 when?
    +1
  • Posted on 10 October 22 at 21:13, Edited on 10 October 22 at 21:13 by Tozi Tiberius
    Chronic Killer said:
    Now that you mention it, CoD Advanced and Infinite Warfare could fit pretty well into the Halo canon.

After all, the books mention the Interplanetary War occurring over the Jovian moons before the founding of the UNSCDF. And that's basically the plot of Infinite Warfare right there.

Infinite Warfare. Halo Infinite. Oh boy. What have you discovered?
    Shields high.
  • KuroiSama117KuroiSama117114,348
    Posted on 10 October 22 at 23:20
    Chronic Killer said:
    Reminder, that BJ Blazkowich is grandfather of Commander Keen, who is father of Doomguy.

Between DOTO (1852) and Deathloop (the loop from the game started in 1963) passed a century.
  • Posted on 11 October 22 at 02:17
    I mean, if you played Dishonored, you probably thought so.
    Facebook - ihazbeard
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.