Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Game Pass' Humankind receives console delay, Sega issues refunds

• PsiScreamPsiScream540,880
    Posted on 14 October 22 at 04:14
    Ace#4617 said:
    Vahliya said:
    PsiScream said:
    For any PC players who have started it, how did you like it? Good game?
    It's pretty much just a generic Civilization clone. If you like Civ, you'll like Humankind. Lots of broken achievements however and the devs have shown no interest in fixing them since release so that's a big downside on that front.
    Its definitely not just a generic Civ clone, it has quite a lot of differences. Its interesting but had a rough launch with a lot of issues from a clear lack of budget and playtesting, since then the devs have primarily focused on improving the gameplay which takes priority over fixing a couple broken achievements. I haven't played in a few months but I believe there was/is a major patch that overhauled a number of the game systems and made it a lot better.
    Interesting, thanks for your feedback; I do like Civ so that's a plus. Currently hooked on Medieval Destiny but will check out Humankind.
  • Blair2100Blair2100444,698
    Posted on 14 October 22 at 05:06
    dakisbac said:
    Why do people even pre-order games digitally...
    I get a special feeling when I know someone else is collecting interest on my money.🤣
  • WithTheDawnWithTheDawn864,596
    Posted on 14 October 22 at 06:47
    That’s a shame, would have given this a crack if the console version came out with working achievements. Ah well, one day perhaps.
  • MR MITT3NSMR MITT3NS575,853
    Posted on 14 October 22 at 15:38
    Game companies can’t really use “due to the pandemic” as an excuse anymore so it makes their responses to delay announcements more interesting.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong476,431
    Posted on 14 October 22 at 15:54
    MR MITT3NS said:
    Game companies can’t really use “due to the pandemic” as an excuse anymore so it makes their responses to delay announcements more interesting.
    Honestly most games coming out are still games that had much of their development during the height of the pandemic (which isn’t really over btw), there’s no way trying to get multiple disciplines organized suddenly for mass remote work didn’t impact productivity for some departments and break timelines. In any complex software a broken timeline 2 years ago is still affecting you. The chances to “catch up” are generally non-existent as any saved time is immediately spent fighting current unexpected issues.

The industry parlance is “technical debt”, the idea being that it’s very costly to pay off and almost never is.
  • Posted on 14 October 22 at 16:05
    Not Jonni said:
    dakisbac said:
    For the same reason people pre order the games physically
    Well presumably, people preorder games physically so they will always have a copy, whether that means the game store has one for them, or it gets shipped. But there's no digital scarcity.
  • SpirochaeteSpirochaete2,544,718
    Posted on 14 October 22 at 16:17
    Thanks.

Didn't know a Windows version existed until now.

Don't care it it's not completeable, not staying that long anyway wave
  • Gaz PwnageGaz Pwnage732,618
    Posted on 15 October 22 at 00:20
    Not surprising since they cant even be bothered to fix the achievements on the PC version. Yet another studio to ignore.
  • Posted on 15 October 22 at 00:34
    Jdobem said:
    Sony buying exclusivity again ? /jk
    No, the delay hit PS as well.
  • Har MiggidoHar Miggido1,573,528
    Posted on 15 October 22 at 10:24
    dakisbac said:
    It's because they are stupid.
  • OL1V3RSUDDENOL1V3RSUDDEN287,988
    Posted on 15 October 22 at 11:01
    I have not played the pc version yet but iv noticed it has 5 unobtainable achievements so why havent they fixed them since release before focusing on the console release
  • XtowersXtowers828,426
    Posted on 18 October 22 at 13:28
    I was really looking forward to this one! Hopefully it isn't delayed too long.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.