Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Age of Empires Xbox console debut confirmed for 2023

• CanezzaCanezza250,361
    Posted on 25 October 22 at 14:19
    Microsoft has confirmed that Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition and Age of Empires IV are coming to Xbox Series X|S in 2023, with the former arriving in January and the latter at a later date. [updated]

Please click here to read the full story: Age of Empires Xbox console debut confirmed for 2023
  • BENT FRUITBENT FRUIT763,289
    Posted on 25 October 22 at 14:33
    sweet
  • Posted on 25 October 22 at 14:34
    Shame its AoE2 which is like a 150hr completion compared to AoE1 or AoE3 which can be done in like 10
  • Posted on 25 October 22 at 14:35
    Hopefully it does not have a separate achievement list, because some of the achievements in this game are very hard with mouse and keyboard; with a controller, they'd be hair pulling messes
  • BAE 10BAE 101,456,815
    Posted on 25 October 22 at 14:37
    JeDiMlnDTrlcks said:
    Hopefully it does not have a separate achievement list, because some of the achievements in this game are very hard with mouse and keyboard; with a controller, they'd be hair pulling messes
    Why not just use keyboard and mouse on xbox too?
  • LockieLockie823,319
    Posted on 25 October 22 at 14:39
    That's cool, but I'm gonna stick to playing it on PC. No doubt it'll have KB+M support as I can't imagine playing it competently with a controller laugh
    Console: Series X on an LG CX // PC: Ryzen 5 5600X w/ RTX 3060 Ti
  • Roose91Roose911,232,389
    Posted on 25 October 22 at 14:43
    Yeah, it must surely have KB+M otherwise some of the cheevs (such as the Alaric X castles in 30 mins one) are likely nigh on impossible.

In light of it likely having KB+M support though, I don't really get what having it on console adds in terms of value.
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw919,043
    Posted on 25 October 22 at 14:47
    I hate games like this on a controller. So Keyboard and Mouse support is a must.
  • Posted on 25 October 22 at 15:03
    Roose91 said:
    Yeah, it must surely have KB+M otherwise some of the cheevs (such as the Alaric X castles in 30 mins one) are likely nigh on impossible.

In light of it likely having KB+M support though, I don't really get what having it on console adds in terms of value.
    A console is alot cheaper then a PC, and if it indeed has KBM support, then it's a good alternative to playing arguably the best RTS ever created
    Main GT: DutchxMonster
  • Posted on 25 October 22 at 15:06
    Mike Langlois said:
    Shame its AoE2 which is like a 150hr completion compared to AoE1 or AoE3 which can be done in like 10
    It's alot longer but that's a good thing, shouldn't be allowed to bastardise this game with cheats. You have enough games you can complete with CC's already this one is not tyvm
  • EKaffeinatedEKaffeinated237,880
    Posted on 25 October 22 at 16:04
    Always loved these games, but unsure what the gameplay experience will be on a console. I will definitely give it a try.
  • Peaches 518Peaches 518562,223
    Posted on 25 October 22 at 16:19
    EKaffeinated said:
    Always loved these games, but unsure what the gameplay experience will be on a console. I will definitely give it a try.
    The old PS2 release was awful, but most of that was because of the limitations of the console. On a Series, it should run fine. Playing with a controller would probably be shitty, but it'll presumably have kb+m support.
  • FlopsyTheRabbitFlopsyTheRabbit1,195,990
    Posted on 25 October 22 at 16:21
    Bolter Elite said:
    Roose91 said:

A console is alot cheaper then a PC, and if it indeed has KBM support, then it's a good alternative to playing arguably the best RTS ever created
    It's AoE2, you could run it on a potato. The minimum requirements are a Core 2 Duo, 4GB of RAM and a graphics card from 2010 laugh
  • Posted on 25 October 22 at 16:42
    FlopsyTheRabbit said:
    Bolter Elite said:
    Roose91 said:

It's AoE2, you could run it on a potato. The minimum requirements are a Core 2 Duo, 4GB of RAM and a graphics card from 2010 laugh
    Haha sure buddy, you're so clueless.

Have you ever played a Post Imp 8 player MP game? Even modern hardware lags.

But whatever you say
  • Posted on 25 October 22 at 17:12
    Great news
  • Posted on 25 October 22 at 17:31
    Age of Mythology retold is coming.
    AOE2 is coming Jan 31
  • the enskithe enski424,733
    Posted on 25 October 22 at 18:00
    Would be nice if they would release them physically as well toast
  • ElyohElyoh1,076,550
    Posted on 25 October 22 at 18:06
    Please please please have KBM support.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • LeoCosAffoLeoCosAffo494,758
    Posted on 25 October 22 at 18:06
    Finally! Since before the release of AoE4, I commented that not having it on Xbox is pure stupidity or laziness. Are the controls problematic and difficult to adapt? Remember the music games of the last decade that put restrictions on peripherals and forced the purchase of at least one guitar with colored buttons... Why not do the same with kb+m? Honestly, not because they didn't come up with this idea while studying how to make the controller work, but I won't complain as long as the rumor is true. I will certainly spend a few hours playing around with it. clap
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer2,360,982
    Posted on 25 October 22 at 18:08
    Elyoh said:
    Please please please have KBM support.
    It does!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads