Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Nine of the best Xbox Game Pass hidden gems

• Posted on 11 November 22 at 14:57
    Is Immortality too big?

My personal game of the year as a huge movie buff.
  • DEDLY CUKEDEDLY CUKE332,504
    Posted on 11 November 22 at 18:28
    inDANigibles said:
    DEDLY CUKE said:
    UnstoppableKD said:
    I definitely have enjoyed FUGA, I intend to play the sequel
    I agree except for one thing. Forcing me to play through 2.5 times to get all achievements was crap. By the end I hated the game. Initial play was a great experience.
    I need to finish FUGA... but also Im kinda of ashamed of myself for using the Soul Cannon... Thats kinda hard to explain away laugh
    Oh dang! That's... That's harsh lol I swore I'd never use it and kept my promise to those kids!
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm590,257
    Posted on 11 November 22 at 20:49
    Mind Scanners is on my short list.
  • MR MITT3NSMR MITT3NS575,042
    Posted on 11 November 22 at 23:30
    I don’t think I’ve ever heard of any of these. Good article!
  • A Dank SlothA Dank Sloth435,781
    Posted on 12 November 22 at 01:30
    Beacon Pines was an awesome experience and that achievement list is almost nothing.

Definitely recommend!
    -Aaron
  • Posted on 12 November 22 at 07:55
    I've played and beat beacon pines and I got all the achievements. I love that game to death and now I'm playing Fuga: melodies of steel(game I've had my eye on for awhile but never bought hoping for a sale instead its on gamepass, even better IMO)

I'm loving Fuga and I think a lot more folks should go out and play it, its such fun and rewarding game.
  • SpirochaeteSpirochaete2,540,762
    Posted on 12 November 22 at 12:14
    Thanks for updating this story.

GP itself has gotten big enough that I can barely keep up with what's on it, until the announcement appears about what's leaving facepalm
  • DEDLY CUKEDEDLY CUKE332,504
    Posted on 12 November 22 at 18:40
    InugamiTheHound said:
    I'm loving Fuga and I think a lot more folks should go out and play it, its such fun and rewarding game.
    Just don't be a meanie like inDANigibles. The
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
  • wildwest08wildwest081,580,760
    Posted on 15 November 22 at 17:12
    Looks like I have some games to try. Fuga looked interesting, guess I will do Archvale as it is leaving soon
  • ALoneWolf42ALoneWolf42337,096
    Posted today at 05:18
    ijiekmotors said:
    I completed Mind Scanners and really enjoyed it, but I don't think it would be everyone's cup of tea. Plus, achievements for multiple endings. I've considered doing a walkthrough for it because the criteria for some of the endings is really confusing. But I found the general gameplay loop really fun, like a type of wario-ware game in a kind of dystopian future.
    Really? I'm finding it kindof frustrating. Maybe it gets easier with time.

I've played Papers Please and it was easier; you just had to remember specific rules & eyeball all the passports. But in Mind Scanners most of the minigames are so finicky. Even on Easy mode I keep messing up & spending 3 or 4 days on each patient. I think it's gonna be a slog for me on Normal & Hard modes.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.