Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Xbox Game Pass: The easiest and fastest completions (December 2022)

• CanezzaCanezza218,465
  • cG RaptorcG Raptor305,379
    Posted on 12 November 22 at 15:14
    Love these articles
  • YamorakYamorak822,261
    Posted on 12 November 22 at 16:07
    I've completed a lot of these and most are pretty good. I wasn't sure on it before I started (does look a bit daunting), but the organ trading game is great and I got so into it I didn't notice I'd completed it 😂
  • FailedSeppukuFailedSeppuku1,607,991
    Posted on 12 November 22 at 16:14
    Metal: Hellsinger has a Accessibility option now for those who have no rhythm. Makes it a 4-5 hour completion.
  • Tandar1Tandar12,072,156
    Posted on 12 November 22 at 16:21
    The Gunk is a great platformer!
  • YamorakYamorak822,261
    Posted on 12 November 22 at 16:41
    FailedSeppuku said:
    Metal: Hellsinger has a Accessibility option now for those who have no rhythm. Makes it a 4-5 hour completion.
    Great to hear, I've been wanting to play but I'm not great at the rhythm stuff. Saw you've completed it, was it alright?
  • TheWelshHuntTheWelshHunt1,258,436
    Posted on 12 November 22 at 17:25
    FailedSeppuku said:
    Very interesting. I genuinely suck at most things but rhythm based games are not for me but i have been dying to play it lol.
    Was it still as enjoyable?
  • FailedSeppukuFailedSeppuku1,607,991
    Posted on 12 November 22 at 17:56
    I played the first few missions properly but swapped to Good hits on any shot, the good thing is you can still hit perfects so you can still play "properly".

The bosses are a but naff but the soundtrack and the gunplay is solid.

5/7 would play a title update for more G.
  • Gazmaster3DGazmaster3D909,387
    Posted on 12 November 22 at 18:12
    Peppa Pig woud have blown my mind if I was 5
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,710,765
    Posted on 12 November 22 at 19:47, Edited on 12 November 22 at 19:50 by Sashamorning
    A Memoir Blue has no flagged missable achievements. Achievements are not missable if they can be found through chapter select.

Missable applies only to those that require a fresh run.

EVERYONE needs to play Hellblade (with headphones, not speakers) and Firewatch, and not just for the easy points.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • CanezzaCanezza218,465
    Posted on 12 November 22 at 20:00
    Sashamorning said:
    A Memoir Blue has no flagged missable achievements. Achievements are not missable if they can be found through chapter select.

Missable applies only to those that require a fresh run.

EVERYONE needs to play Hellblade (with headphones, not speakers) and Firewatch, and not just for the easy points.
    Ah, thank you. I think I wrote that paragraph not long after the game came out when there were missable flags on some of the achievements. Have updated toast
  • XeroxcocoXeroxcoco421,774
    Posted on 12 November 22 at 20:09
    Maybe its only me, but, the estimated time suggested above, are only if you follow a guide instead of actually play the game.
    Never in the world you can finish Telling Lies in under 2 hours unless if you rush like hell and skip every video .
    So what's the point?? Only make your gamerscore bigger??
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,710,765
    Posted on 12 November 22 at 20:13
    Xeroxcoco said:
    Yes. This is correct.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • GrimkhanaGrimkhana243,652
    Posted on 12 November 22 at 20:41
    Some excellent games on this list. Looking at my recent game selection, sprinkling in a few of these will help keep me sane lol.

On a serious note - Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle will be awesome to revisit sometime soon! This time with a nice little slice of Gamerscore!
  • The CherishedThe Cherished1,806,295
    Posted on 12 November 22 at 22:44
    Xeroxcoco said:
    Maybe its only me, but, the estimated time suggested above, are only if you follow a guide instead of actually play the game.
    Never in the world you can finish Telling Lies in under 2 hours unless if you rush like hell and skip every video .
    Yes, not everyone is a fan of Sam Barlow's writing. Especially in this particular title.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong496,940
    Posted on 13 November 22 at 01:07
    Scorn is so bad I would have given it 0 stars if it was an option.

Look at some screenshots of the environment and you’ve now experienced everything worthwhile it has to offer. The rest bad to “this might be the worst game I’ve played in 5 years”. The story barely exists and is pointless and thus so is the body horror. The shooting, all the bad things said about it aren’t even close to HOW BAD the shooting is.

Scorn should be a textbook example for many years to come of how to take a maybe passable, if forgetable, walking simulator and absolutely ruin it.
  • vSullyvSully1,305,669
    Posted on 13 November 22 at 02:00
    Would it kill you guys to take these articles in the opposite direction every once in a while? You know, highlight harder games for a change- perhaps those that have zero completions and actually challenge site users to accomplish something worthwhile?

Circa Infinity is 80% off and has zero completions.
    Slain: Back from Hell is 85% off and is a tough completion.
    Raging Justice is 80% off and only has 13 completions.
    RAD is 75% off and only has 8 completions.
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker is 70% off and only has 3 completions.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong496,940
    Posted on 13 November 22 at 02:07
    vSully said:
    Would it kill you guys to take these articles in the opposite direction every once in a while? You know, highlight harder games for a change- perhaps those that have zero completions and actually challenge site users to accomplish something worthwhile?

Circa Infinity is 80% off and has zero completions.
    Slain: Back from Hell is 85% off and is a tough completion.
    Raging Justice is 80% off and only has 13 completions.
    RAD is 75% off and only has 8 completions.
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker is 70% off and only has 3 completions.
    They have had “brutally hard” achievements and completions articles before, though not about current sales I don’t think.

I can recommend Obey Me if you like very hard completions. You will have to master its excellent combat loop if you want that completion. It has hokey voice acting but it actually grows on you quite a bit. It’s on sale every so often.

A much easier, though still difficult, completion is Othercide. I recommend it as it’s pretty unique as an idea and quite fun. Not very many have played it but it only has a 6% completion rate. Othercide was featured during a summer indie event 3 years (or so) back. I paid full price and don’t regret a penny but it’s frequently on sale these days.
  • Y2Kasper10Y2Kasper101,887,072
    Posted on 13 November 22 at 05:38
    Sashamorning said:
    Xeroxcoco said:
    Yes. This is correct.
    Lmao.

I am reading this in bed when I should be sleeping and laughed out loud. Woke my wife up.
    I like stuff
  • XeroxcocoXeroxcoco421,774
    Posted on 13 November 22 at 05:53
    The Cherished said:
    Xeroxcoco said:
    Yes, not everyone is a fan of Sam Barlow's writing. Especially in this particular title.
    No One force you to play It, if you dont like what the game has to offer.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.