Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Game Pass loses eight Xbox games soon, including two quick completions

• Posted on 16 November 22 at 00:09
    Guess I won't be able to get to Mortal Shell. Looking to wrap up Trading Sim and Mind Scanners though
  • dancrozierdancrozier593,774
    Posted on 16 November 22 at 00:15
    It's a shame I never got around to mortal shell whist it was on the pass. Was planning o starting soon but don't have time to rush it before it leaves.
  • ijiekmotorsijiekmotors497,039
    Posted on 16 November 22 at 00:50, Edited on 16 November 22 at 00:52 by ijiekmotors
    BIG SH0RTY said:
    Is Mind Scanners worth playing and trying to complete?
    I completed and really enjoyed it but I think it's a bit of an acquired taste game, at least for getting engrossed in the story. The gameplay itself is kind of like if wario ware and a visual novel had a dystopian future baby.
    There's multiple endings but you can rewind days to do each branching ending. It'll still need several playthroughs but they don't take too long. Doing it without a guide was hard to get every ending, but that was when it just joined GP and I'm sure there's guides for each ending now. I think it'd take about 10h to do all the chevos :)
    edit: warioware and visual novel and papers please* couldn't remember the other game it reminded me of
  • KillbombKillbomb324,471
    Posted on 16 November 22 at 02:27
    I started Archvale when it came out but stopped to wait for patches due to bugged achievements. Never got back to it and probably won't before it leaves GP.
  • paramoreRyanparamoreRyan859,300
    Posted on 16 November 22 at 03:09
    NO PULSE said:
    paramoreRyan said:
    Only one I have installed is Archvale, is it worth playing?
    I enjoyed it! I didnt play with any walkthrough though, so that might change things.
    notoriousJMZ said:
    paramoreRyan said:
    It's brilliant
    o Heres Jonny o said:
    paramoreRyan said:
    I really enjoyed it. You definatley have time it doesn't talk long.
    Thanks all smile
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,999,185
    Posted on 16 November 22 at 03:20, Edited on 16 November 22 at 03:20 by EarthboundX
    Bonkekook said:
    For those wanting to play Archvale before it leaves, there's only one thing that's missable, and as long as you never use your inventory to delete items, you can't miss it. There's an item required for something else later(a book, IIRC, but its been a while since I played) and if you accidentally delete it using the inventory trash, you can't get all of the achievements. So, I generally just recommend not deleting anything to make it simple.
    Judging from a comment I saw, they patched the game so it's not possible to delete those 3 items anymore. So it might not be missable anymore.
  • james765james765591,171
    Posted on 16 November 22 at 04:14
    Was gonna play Mortal Shell at some point but guess ill hold off and prob buy it later doubt id get it done with pokemon coming out lol
  • WithTheDawnWithTheDawn936,162
    Posted on 16 November 22 at 05:34
    FFXIII-2 is good fun - says a lot that I thought I needed to play it for a second, but I’m thinking about Lightning Returns (which I should get on to). Archvale seems fun, I’ll give that a go.
  • Lord RoaringLord Roaring1,076,495
    Posted on 16 November 22 at 05:51, Edited on 16 November 22 at 08:40 by Lord Roaring
    Tendoman77 said:
    ALoneWolf42 said:
    Lord Roaring said:
    Tendoman77 said:
    Umm Undungeon seems to have a not-recognised unobtainable cheevo? Or its apparently ultra difficult to get that not one single
    person has done it so far.

UndungeonMarsh DestroyerTendoman77The Marsh Destroyer achievement in Undungeon worth 50 pointsGet karma -25 or lower in the Luten dimension.
    I tried getting it. It’s impossible the highest I gotten was -21. I asked another person they got -23.

It’s not Difficult it’s because u don’t get Enough negative karma.
    Oh weird. So there's either some hidden negative karma actions that nobody's found yet, or the programmers just didn't calculate right and it's impossible?
    Wow so an unobtainable of a completely different kind for once lol
    The biggest Problem is the game is very buggy.
    Some of the quest don’t Get any Negative karma.
    There’s not enough side quest as well.
  • Belindo152Belindo152347,304
    Posted on 16 November 22 at 06:03
    Organ Trading Simulator has been on my backlog for way too long. Installed it now, let's hope I get everything before it goes.
  • PakhairPakhair474,047
    Posted on 16 November 22 at 06:38
    Man I thought FF XIII-2 will go on Dec 15. Damnnnnnn time is short. I am sad
    I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I’m just an old killer, hired to do some wet work - Old Snake
  • Posted on 16 November 22 at 07:58
    I finished what I wanted to play, every other game is of no interest to me.
  • Desi ShinobiDesi Shinobi717,357
    Posted on 16 November 22 at 08:25
    Is Mortal Shell achievable to beat in 14 days? If I play like 2-3 hours a day after work?
  • Osmo76Osmo761,444,545
    Posted on 16 November 22 at 09:12
    Archvale and SWOTS done. I'll definitely do DEEEER, maybe Mind Scanners.
  • s0nnya95s0nnya95574,351
    Posted on 16 November 22 at 10:14
    Archvale to get completed this weekend then :)
  • WicelowWicelow1,601,447
    Posted on 16 November 22 at 10:36
    Archvale is next then :)
    Eat. Play. Love.
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy2,242,547
    Posted on 16 November 22 at 11:19
    Ashley6200 said:
    Deeeeer and Mind Scanner are on my To Play list, will have to get on those!
    Can anyone confirm when these will actually go? Got caught out before when I thought something was leaving at the end of the month and started it, only for it to leave 24 hours later!
    They generally leave on the 15th and the 30th/31st.
    So halfway through the month and at the end of the month.
    The batch announced in the first few days or week of the month left on the 15th, mostly.
    This batch should generally leave all on the 30th/31st.
    Usually if there's a wildly different outlier they specify, like Football Manager left on the 8th I believe and it was specified.
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • Posted on 16 November 22 at 12:45
    Desi Shinobi said:
    Is Mortal Shell achievable to beat in 14 days? If I play like 2-3 hours a day after work?
    Since you have experience in ninja gaiden yea
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 November 22 at 12:48
    Lord Roaring said:
    Tendoman77 said:
    ALoneWolf42 said:
    Lord Roaring said:
    Tendoman77 said:
    Umm Undungeon seems to have a not-recognised unobtainable cheevo? Or its apparently ultra difficult to get that not one single
    person has done it so far.

UndungeonMarsh DestroyerTendoman77The Marsh Destroyer achievement in Undungeon worth 50 pointsGet karma -25 or lower in the Luten dimension.
    I tried getting it. It’s impossible the highest I gotten was -21. I asked another person they got -23.

It’s not Difficult it’s because u don’t get Enough negative karma.
    Oh weird. So there's either some hidden negative karma actions that nobody's found yet, or the programmers just didn't calculate right and it's impossible?
    Wow so an unobtainable of a completely different kind for once lol
    The biggest Problem is the game is very buggy.
    Some of the quest don’t Get any Negative karma.
    There’s not enough side quest as well.
    And the devs aren't going to do anything about it I assume then. That's a shame.
  • BigTymer2047BigTymer20471,138,414
    Posted on 16 November 22 at 14:28
    Kept going back and forth on the Space Warlord game but at this point I just can't be bothered. Glad I got Deer Sim done though!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.