Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Game Pass loses eight Xbox games soon, including two quick completions

• Desi ShinobiDesi Shinobi717,357
    Posted on 16 November 22 at 15:19
    SPΛΙΝΤΞRCΞΛΛ said:
    Desi Shinobi said:
    Is Mortal Shell achievable to beat in 14 days? If I play like 2-3 hours a day after work?
    Since you have experience in ninja gaiden yea
    Haha, pretty sure this game is SoulsBorne genre, I only really played Sekiro and some of Bloodborne and Elden Ring (which I need to go back to).
  • Dr MartyDr Marty1,067,059
    Posted on 16 November 22 at 18:05
    Desi Shinobi said:
    Is Mortal Shell achievable to beat in 14 days? If I play like 2-3 hours a day after work?
    I finished the game in under 25 hours. It is a souls-light game. So the learning curve, though present, is much more shallow. You should be able to finish it in time. The only thing that caused me some problems is the final boss fight on the no-shell-run. Took me a few dozen attempts.
  • CrmsnsShdwCrmsnsShdw1,170,253
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 04:57
    Tendoman77 said:
    Lord Roaring said:
    Tendoman77 said:
    ALoneWolf42 said:
    Lord Roaring said:
    Tendoman77 said:
    Umm Undungeon seems to have a not-recognised unobtainable cheevo? Or its apparently ultra difficult to get that not one single
    person has done it so far.

UndungeonMarsh DestroyerTendoman77The Marsh Destroyer achievement in Undungeon worth 50 pointsGet karma -25 or lower in the Luten dimension.
    I tried getting it. It’s impossible the highest I gotten was -21. I asked another person they got -23.

It’s not Difficult it’s because u don’t get Enough negative karma.
    Oh weird. So there's either some hidden negative karma actions that nobody's found yet, or the programmers just didn't calculate right and it's impossible?
    Wow so an unobtainable of a completely different kind for once lol
    The biggest Problem is the game is very buggy.
    Some of the quest don’t Get any Negative karma.
    There’s not enough side quest as well.
    And the devs aren't going to do anything about it I assume then. That's a shame.
    They are in Ukraine, so I doubt it. They started giving refunds for Kickstarters for various reasons as well.
  • Desi ShinobiDesi Shinobi717,357
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 10:51
    Dr Marty said:
    Desi Shinobi said:
    I finished the game in under 25 hours. It is a souls-light game. So the learning curve, though present, is much more shallow. You should be able to finish it in time. The only thing that caused me some problems is the final boss fight on the no-shell-run. Took me a few dozen attempts.
    Nice, is that including DLC?
  • PiMaC1985PiMaC1985347,284
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 12:32
    I really wish they would announce those a month before, not 2 weeks
  • Ashley6200Ashley6200768,279
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 15:14
    iMaginaryy said:
    Ashley6200 said:
    Deeeeer and Mind Scanner are on my To Play list, will have to get on those!
    Can anyone confirm when these will actually go? Got caught out before when I thought something was leaving at the end of the month and started it, only for it to leave 24 hours later!
    They generally leave on the 15th and the 30th/31st.
    So halfway through the month and at the end of the month.
    The batch announced in the first few days or week of the month left on the 15th, mostly.
    This batch should generally leave all on the 30th/31st.
    Usually if there's a wildly different outlier they specify, like Football Manager left on the 8th I believe and it was specified.
    Cheers! I see the article has been updated to give the specific date and you are correct, will bear this in mind going forward.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,774,291
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 15:25
    Ashley6200 said:
    iMaginaryy said:
    Ashley6200 said:
    Can anyone confirm when these will actually go? Got caught out before when I thought something was leaving at the end of the month and started it, only for it to leave 24 hours later!
    The batch announced in the first few days or week of the month left on the 15th, mostly.
    Usually if there's a wildly different outlier they specify, like Football Manager left on the 8th I believe and it was specified.
    Cheers! I see the article has been updated to give the specific date and you are correct, will bear this in mind going forward.
    And when people say "leave on the 15th/31st", they actually mean 16th/1st. The games' last day on the service is usually the 15th/31st.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted on 17 November 22 at 21:25
    I own FFXIII-2 but it's still unopened. Perhaps at this point I should see if it becomes a rare collectable and never open it to be worth a ton some day xD

Mortal Shell is too bad though. Tis a pretty decent souls-like game. Not too long, and people who have played similar games before shouldn't have too much of a problem, just has one nasty achievement that is it's version of completing a SL1 run but I didn't think it was to terrible, but then again, I've got a lot of experience in these types of games :/
    But if anyone tries it out and likes it, consider getting Elden Ring then, cuz it's more more more of that :p
    Notice: Thank you for noticing this notice. I have noticed your noticing and shall notify those of note.
  • Rad WizrrdRad Wizrrd448,733
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 23:41
    Undungoen somehow slipped past my radar. I'll have to check it out before it leaves.
    At this point I'm convinced Xbox wants their console names to be confusing.
  • Posted on 18 November 22 at 07:13
    Shinnizle said:
    Ashley6200 said:
    iMaginaryy said:
    Ashley6200 said:
    And when people say "leave on the 15th/31st", they actually mean 16th/1st. The games' last day on the service is usually the 15th/31st.
    And when people say "leave on the 15th/31st", they actually mean 16th/1st @23:59:59.99...99 wink
    He who never made a mistake, never made anything at all
  • HappyTheDevilHappyTheDevil1,639,883
    Posted on 18 November 22 at 08:28
    I could never bring myself to start Lightning's journey... I have enjoyed a couple Final Fantasy games, but the grinding is horrible...

Archvale was fun after the starting area smile

Can't wait to start Mortal Shell! Been eyeing it in Game Pass for a while now. God I hope it's better than Thymesia...
    (Old) Arch Enemy • Blackbriar • Evanescence • Illumishade • Jinjer • Korpiklaani • Sabaton • Slaughter to Prevail • Wintersun
  • PirateRyanGPirateRyanG203,679
    Posted on 18 November 22 at 09:04
    HappyTheDevil said:
    I could never bring myself to start Lightning's journey... I have enjoyed a couple Final Fantasy games, but the grinding is horrible...

Archvale was fun after the starting area smile

Can't wait to start Mortal Shell! Been eyeing it in Game Pass for a while now. God I hope it's better than Thymesia...
    Final Fantasy XIII doesn't really have a whole lot of grinding to do. At least not unless you are going for the achievements.

XIII is pretty much a straight shot from start to finish. You can grind in some areas to increase your odds of winning in later ones. However, the game has a level cap for various sections of the game, and you don't need to grind that much to reach the cap.

So, if you hate grinding, then FFXIII is perfect.

If you love your downtime in RPGs to just chill and do some side-quests, then it may not be right for you, though. The entire game story is you being chased. There are few rest points before you are thrust into the next lot of enemies.
  • PirateRyanGPirateRyanG203,679
    Posted on 18 November 22 at 09:06
    FruitofPassion said:
    I own FFXIII-2 but it's still unopened. Perhaps at this point I should see if it becomes a rare collectable and never open it to be worth a ton some day xD

Mortal Shell is too bad though. Tis a pretty decent souls-like game. Not too long, and people who have played similar games before shouldn't have too much of a problem, just has one nasty achievement that is it's version of completing a SL1 run but I didn't think it was to terrible, but then again, I've got a lot of experience in these types of games :/
    But if anyone tries it out and likes it, consider getting Elden Ring then, cuz it's more more more of that :p
    I doubt FFXIII-2 will ever be a collectable.

FFXII Lighting Returns may be, though. You won't ever get massive stacks of cash for it, but for a long while it was very high priced compared to the other 2 games in the series if you bought it used. Although, like most games, the value plummeted when it was added to GP (but it will creep up again)
  • HappyTheDevilHappyTheDevil1,639,883
    Posted on 18 November 22 at 09:38
    PirateRyanG said:
    Final Fantasy XIII doesn't really have a whole lot of grinding to do. At least not unless you are going for the achievements.

XIII is pretty much a straight shot from start to finish. You can grind in some areas to increase your odds of winning in later ones. However, the game has a level cap for various sections of the game, and you don't need to grind that much to reach the cap.

So, if you hate grinding, then FFXIII is perfect.

If you love your downtime in RPGs to just chill and do some side-quests, then it may not be right for you, though. The entire game story is you being chased. There are few rest points before you are thrust into the next lot of enemies.
    I already know it's a grind for achievements, and I would be going for the achievements. (I think I've played 5 Final Fantasy games, and I've only truly enjoyed one of them).

Thanks for the info though! Knew nothing about the game's story, or gameplay. I don't remember liking a Final Fantasy story yet, so I was just concerned about the gameplay.
    (Old) Arch Enemy • Blackbriar • Evanescence • Illumishade • Jinjer • Korpiklaani • Sabaton • Slaughter to Prevail • Wintersun
    Posted on 18 November 22 at 09:59
    zero cool 4406 said:
    And when people say "leave on the 15th/31st", they actually mean 16th/1st @23:59:59.99...99 wink
    In my experience, games have been known to leave during the day of the 16th/1st. Maybe they last until midnight sometimes, but if you were looking to complete a game before it leaves the service, I wouldn't take that chance.
  • Posted on 18 November 22 at 12:58
    Shinnizle said:
    zero cool 4406 said:
    In my experience, games have been known to leave during the day of the 16th/1st. Maybe they last until midnight sometimes, but if you were looking to complete a game before it leaves the service, I wouldn't take that chance.
    I know. I was just joking. smile
    (hence all the silly 9's after the time
    He who never made a mistake, never made anything at all
    Posted on 18 November 22 at 15:17
    zero cool 4406 said:
    Shinnizle said:
    zero cool 4406 said:
    I know. I was just joking. smile
    (hence all the silly 9's after the time
    It's all in good fun 😃
  • Posted on 18 November 22 at 21:56
    PirateRyanG said:
    FruitofPassion said:
    I doubt FFXIII-2 will ever be a collectable.

FFXII Lighting Returns may be, though. You won't ever get massive stacks of cash for it, but for a long while it was very high priced compared to the other 2 games in the series if you bought it used. Although, like most games, the value plummeted when it was added to GP (but it will creep up again)
    Hehe. I don't expect the game to ever become worth selling it valuable. I bought FFXIII and FFXIII-2 over 7 years ago to try out the franchise and I never finished the first one so never opened the second. Maybe one day I'll finally play it. :p
    Notice: Thank you for noticing this notice. I have noticed your noticing and shall notify those of note.
  • wildwest08wildwest081,650,656
    Posted on 19 November 22 at 06:30
    Archvale and Organ Sim for me
  • Posted on 19 November 22 at 15:39
    Moo Moo Dairy said:
    Nothing lost as usual. I can't even remember the last time a game leaving felt like an actual loss
    Then game pass is probably not for you. Every two weeks there is at least 1 or 2 games that i'm not happy to see go.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.