The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Black Friday 2022 sale now live, with almost 1,000 discounts

• Posted on 17 November 22 at 06:13
    SquiSquiSquidio said:
    Zohan2099 said:
    Will Elden Ring ever go on sale?!
    Probably not considering Dark Souls 3 is $30 in this sale.

Feels like they kinda phoned this one in. Not sure how some of these prices are considered sales.
    The "Dark Souls" series is always on sale. It’s called buying the Trilogy version.

Ok but seriously you get everything in the series (including DLC) for $70 AUD. Even without DLC and "DS2" as that’s the black sheep of the lot I saved $90 AUD doing that (even if I haven’t gotten to either of the other games yet). No regrets.
    “Life is the universe experiencing itself.” - Spirit of Lord Opengate, "Death’s Door"
  • DoberkiinDoberkiin814,871
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 06:24
    Na
  • ChrupdiddyChrupdiddy364,985
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 06:35
    RJ7 said:
    Nothing too crazy this year I guess. Waiting for Cyberpunk to hit $20 then I'll bite.
    Meanwhile I'm finally going to pick up Soul Hackers 2 clap
    I picked up a physical copy about a month ago at a retailer (the source) brand new for $9.99. Wanted to wait until it was all patched up and heavily discounted
    We sure did! Helps when there’s a great reliable group of people who also needed it. For a session that size I think almost If not everyone showed up.
  • PirateRyanGPirateRyanG224,389
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 06:51, Edited on 17 November 22 at 06:53 by PirateRyanG
    Bought High Isle and Civ VI + upgrade.

High Isle was a great price, and I would have bought it even if it were £17+, so to pick it up for £10 is great. Hopefull it hits the same price on Steam on the 22nd, and I will grab it there too.

The Civ VI and Upgrade was about £7.50 more expensive than the lowest ever, but it isn't really breaking the bank. I have wanted it for a while anyway.

So, not a bad day for me. Most of my wishlist is old Xbox 360 games anyway, and I can't imagine things like Castle of Illusion or Carcassone will be discounted any time soon.
  • MASTER1IVEMASTER1IVE1,251,487
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 06:52
    Amael said:
    MASTER1IVE said:
    Hello, I would like to know if anyone has the same problem as me. When I go to the French store, there are no sales. On the other hand, on the Belgian store, it works. And also, can I buy from the Belgian store from France, knowing that, even if it's not the same country, it's the same currency used?

Bonjour, j'aimerai savoir si quelqu'un a le même problème que moi. Quand je vais sur le store français, y a pas les soldes. Par contre sur le store belge, ça marche. Et aussi, est-ce que je peux acheter sur le store belge depuis la france, en sachant que, même si c'est pas le même pays, c'est la même monnaie utilisée?
    I haven't checked these stores but you can buy on the Hungarian one with your French credit card at a significant discount. It's usually the cheapest European one but sometimes it's worth buying in Norway or Iceland instead.
    Thank you but I'm not looking to save money, I just want to know if there is a problem to buy on the Belgian store with a French card. It's always in euros but since it's not the same country, can it block because of national taxes? Even if I think it must be European taxes that are applied.
    I am French and I love chocolatine ;D
  • KaoteekKaoteek360,285
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 07:12
    MASTER1IVE said:
    Hello, I would like to know if anyone has the same problem as me. When I go to the French store, there are no sales. On the other hand, on the Belgian store, it works. And also, can I buy from the Belgian store from France, knowing that, even if it's not the same country, it's the same currency used?

Bonjour, j'aimerai savoir si quelqu'un a le même problème que moi. Quand je vais sur le store français, y a pas les soldes. Par contre sur le store belge, ça marche. Et aussi, est-ce que je peux acheter sur le store belge depuis la france, en sachant que, même si c'est pas le même pays, c'est la même monnaie utilisée?
    Yeah, the web version of the french Black Friday sales page is always a bit delayed. It should be there tomorrow.

It's already there on console, though... except the french Black Friday sales are somehow missing a bunch of games and DLCs (including all versions of The Quarry) for no particular reason. And yes, they're all on sale on the belgian store. We'll see if the french MS team fixes it later on.
  • MASTER1IVEMASTER1IVE1,251,487
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 07:21
    Kaoteek said:
    MASTER1IVE said:

Yeah, the web version of the french Black Friday sales page is always a bit delayed. It should be there tomorrow.

It's already there on console, though... except the french Black Friday sales are somehow missing a bunch of games and DLCs (including all versions of The Quarry) for no particular reason. And yes, they're all on sale on the belgian store. We'll see if the french MS team fixes it later on.
    Ok Thanks. Well, I was thinking of downloading the game today, I'll have to wait a bit.
    I am French and I love chocolatine ;D
  • EvandalistEvandalist451,560
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 07:26
    Remember when Xbox Black Friday sales were the destination for digital discounts? If there were any obscure to niche games you waited all year for a discount on and got nothing, Black Friday always brought a huge variety of titles, and it did it with deep, deep discounts too.

Now it seems like Black Friday sales are a boring amalgamation of the same uninspired, routinely discounted shit that’s already on sale every 4-8 weeks or so. And not even at the lowest prices anymore, either. It would be one thing if at least you were getting be best deals on the stuff that’s usually on sale, but you’re not even getting that anymore. I’ve seen a bunch of these games being offered on deeper discount as recently as a couple weeks ago.

Pass.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
  • Thief000Thief0001,267,962
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 07:28
    A lot of repeats. There's a 2500 point return spending 50 bucks on games and movies in the rewards app. Nothing catching my eye ATM, but maybe I'll rebuy some games I finished on other platforms and would like to replay.
  • Zohan2099Zohan2099497,777
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 07:33
    Some of these games were priced cheaper 2-3 weeks ago! What a bland and boring sale...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 November 22 at 07:45, Edited on 17 November 22 at 07:47 by
    The Outer Worlds expansion pass finally on sale for more than 20% and it's only 5% extra. That’s good of them roll.

Not much really catching my eye in this sale, but I'll have a proper look later.
  • PirateRyanGPirateRyanG224,389
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 07:52
    MASTER1IVE said:
    Amael said:
    MASTER1IVE said:

I haven't checked these stores but you can buy on the Hungarian one with your French credit card at a significant discount. It's usually the cheapest European one but sometimes it's worth buying in Norway or Iceland instead.
    Thank you but I'm not looking to save money, I just want to know if there is a problem to buy on the Belgian store with a French card. It's always in euros but since it's not the same country, can it block because of national taxes? Even if I think it must be European taxes that are applied.
    No. That is against EU law.
  • EI BikerboyEI Bikerboy511,349
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 08:06
    What does someone have to do to get the Zombie Army 4 DLC to get on sale laugh
  • AmaelAmael562,285
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 08:17
    MASTER1IVE said:
    Amael said:
    MASTER1IVE said:

The point of my post is that you can buy with European cards on any European store. And it's perfectly legal since you do pay taxes.
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator230,644
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 08:18
    Zohan2099 said:
    Yes, when people stop buying it.
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator230,644
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 08:18
    Zohan2099 said:
    Yes, when people stop buying it.
  • PURESSENCEPURESSENCE3,074,020
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 09:16
    InSoundMind for me
    Too much work, not enough games
  • CanezzaCanezza280,071
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 09:29, Edited on 17 November 22 at 09:29 by Canezza
    vegansound said:
    Eurydace said:
    Can I please request that the TA devs work on a better interface to view sales? This used to work great, but having a long table for 100s and 100s of items is just...not working. I'd like to be able to filter games I own, filter by price, filter by TA score, completion time, etc.
    Nah, they don't care. For months/years now I suggest in the forums doing like on Steam, create a filter for games we're not interested in, what would hide those from the sales lists, making the reading of those easier and shorter, but not even a reply from them. I wonder what the wishlist suggestions topic is for...
    You can filter everything in the sale on the Xbox Sales page.
  • Posted on 17 November 22 at 09:29
    As others have commented, I think headline sales like this are more targeted at occasional players rather than the regulars on here who keep an eye on the weekly sales. Most of the discounts aren’t at the level of the weekly sales and are actually pretty disappointing, although there’s a sprinkling of good deals.

Also, more and more of the time the base games seem to be a loss leader for DLC and hence the relatively rapid and deep discounting. Tempt you in but pack a lot of the content into paid-for add-ons which are seldom meaningfully discounted. Game Pass has massively exacerbated this.
  • vegansoundvegansound1,256,164
    Posted on 17 November 22 at 09:44
    Canezza said:
    vegansound said:
    Eurydace said:
    Can I please request that the TA devs work on a better interface to view sales? This used to work great, but having a long table for 100s and 100s of items is just...not working. I'd like to be able to filter games I own, filter by price, filter by TA score, completion time, etc.
    Nah, they don't care. For months/years now I suggest in the forums doing like on Steam, create a filter for games we're not interested in, what would hide those from the sales lists, making the reading of those easier and shorter, but not even a reply from them. I wonder what the wishlist suggestions topic is for...
    You can filter everything in the sale on the Xbox Sales page.
    Yes I know, but TA is all about filters. Adding one won't kill 'em. They should get inspired by others, like Steam. Each game page has this "not interested" button, and that's very useful and time-saving.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads