Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The best free Xbox games

• Posted on 20 November 22 at 13:59
    Looking for some of the best free Xbox games? You've come to the right place. These free-to-play gems provide hours of fun without you ever needing to reach for your wallet, so get involved!

Please click here to read the full story: The best free Xbox games
  • SuperPed13SuperPed13787,632
    Posted on 20 November 22 at 14:33, Edited on 20 November 22 at 14:35 by SuperPed13
    Gems of war is an amazing game, its a shame that you cant sync progress between mobile and xbox

I enjoyed clicker heroes and the idle champions games but they are more of an aquired taste.

(Enjoyed the article, would it be possible to do one for free games on windows)
  • CubivoreCubivore494,237
    Posted on 20 November 22 at 14:39
    world of tanks absolutely does not belong on a list of 'best' anything
  • Posted on 20 November 22 at 14:40
    Path of Exile is still fun. I think it was on the list last time around.
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,289,657
    Posted on 20 November 22 at 14:46
    World of tanks used to be the best F2P game on this list. IMO the major update that changed everything in the game made it absolutely terrible. It used to be my favorite game, and played it despite getting all the achievement. I haven't touched it since that terrible update.

Gems of war is fun, but if you're starting it now, you'll constantly get depressed looking at all the achievements you need to work towards. Also, that 100% completion is only good for a few weeks before they drop another dlc.
    This space for rent.
  • CubivoreCubivore494,237
    Posted on 20 November 22 at 14:59, Edited on 20 November 22 at 15:04 by Cubivore
    MrZombieChicken said:
    World of tanks used to be the best F2P game on this list. IMO the major update that changed everything in the game made it absolutely terrible. It used to be my favorite game, and played it despite getting all the achievement. I haven't touched it since that terrible update.
    it went to shit long before that with godawful 'balance' patches. the end for me was when they nerfed the chinese tier 10 light tank, which was already the worst tier 10 light tank in the game. wargaming has straight-up admitted that they do not play the game and balance things entirely by spreadsheets, so they do stupid shit like nerf bad tanks because only really really good players drive them, while buffing overpowered tanks like the deathstar because idiots who have no idea what they are doing drive them and demolish the stats for them. the major patch that essentially turned it into a different, much worse, game didn't affect me because i'd already turned my back by that point, though it did make basically everyone i knew who had not quit by that point finally quit.

utter fuckin morons in charge, it's a real shame because the core idea of the game is fantastic.

it's funny because you can go back and find posts by me here from years ago defending and talking up world of tanks, i used to be one of the most vocal supporters of that game on trueachievements, but i cannot find anything good to say about it today.
  • Posted on 20 November 22 at 15:04
    Dauntless is fun, and has been made slightly easier with updates (at least rhe base achievements). Haven't tried the update achievements, think you need a group for that, and I haven't had luck with random.

Would consider jumping back in if I had a group, so if anyone's interested, let me know. Got the base 1000, so I'd be down to help grind hunts for materials as well.
    Facebook - ihazbeard
  • Raptures LostRaptures Lost1,580,446
    Posted on 20 November 22 at 15:08
    Island Saver is another fun one, great for kids and an easy completion.
  • NetechmaNetechma577,600
    Posted on 20 November 22 at 15:30
    These (example) For fans of: Puzzle Quest, Hexic, Puyo Puyo Tetris
    should also be on the Price tab as suggestions for respective games similar to Amazon's 'people also bought/looked at': ....
    Though consensus hates increased ad space that kind of integration would be valuable/helpful information in general. 🤷‍♂️ Me thinks. Anyway thought it was cool to see this on the article @Luke this one was kinda cool~
    Hi I'm Netechma!
  • EchelonSixEchelonSix1,018,530
    Posted on 20 November 22 at 15:44
    World of Tanks and World of Warships arent pay to win.... right?! laugh
  • Posted on 20 November 22 at 15:49
    😂 someone these free to play games I put more hours into than normal retail. Really is cheap to be a gamer on Xbox
  • Posted on 20 November 22 at 16:19
    Gems of War used to be so much better. Plus it has the annoying habit of adding grindy, luck based achievements.
  • Posted on 20 November 22 at 16:20
    Hawken was nice, easy comp fun mech FPS deffo recommend
    Main GT: DutchxMonster
  • Posted on 20 November 22 at 16:36, Edited on 20 November 22 at 16:36 by BadRubberPiggy
    Netechma said:
    should also be on the Price tab as suggestions for respective games similar to Amazon's 'people also bought/looked at': ....
    Though consensus hates increased ad space that kind of integration would be valuable/helpful information in general. 🤷‍♂️ Me thinks. Anyway thought it was cool to see this on the article @Luke this one was kinda cool~
    I’ve always liked that kind of association and find it helpful, but it’s typically done by an algorithm in most use cases on other sites/services and tends to miss the mark a lot. Unrealistic to spread it site-wide as a manually curated thing as we simply don’t have the time or knowledge to apply it to every single game, sadly, but it’s certainly something we can work into more of the editorial stuff if people find it useful!
  • Posted on 20 November 22 at 16:55
    Raptures Lost said:
    Island Saver is another fun one, great for kids and an easy completion.
    Came here to see if anyone was gonna mention that. An amazing game and one I completed with my kids at my side. Odd that it was made by NatWest though!
  • NetechmaNetechma577,600
    Posted on 20 November 22 at 17:04, Edited on 20 November 22 at 17:05 by Netechma
    BadRubberPiggy said:
    Netechma said:
    I’ve always liked that kind of association and find it helpful, but it’s typically done by an algorithm in most use cases on other sites/services and tends to miss the mark a lot. Unrealistic to spread it site-wide as a manually curated thing as we simply don’t have the time or knowledge to apply it to every single game, sadly, but it’s certainly something we can work into more of the editorial stuff if people find it useful!
    I hadn't considered the constraints. Shame because it sounds cool and useful. But that makes sense, thank you for the reply and shedding light on something I know less about! (I definitely like(d) seeing it in article)
    Hi I'm Netechma!
  • SPOONYxBARDSPOONYxBARD1,266,066
    Posted on 20 November 22 at 17:22
    The Sims 4 became free recently. The sheer amount of DLC tells me it's a very popular game.
  • MikaszMikasz889,556
    Posted on 20 November 22 at 17:23
    I'd like to second the opinion above, World of Tanks is a garbage game at the moment which I wouldn't recommend to anyone. It was absolutely ruined by devs not listening to their community. In a very similar way Path of Exile is quickly turning into a mess which is a shame because this game was probably the best game on a free to play list by a mile.
  • SpirochaeteSpirochaete2,669,843
    Posted on 20 November 22 at 17:59
    Brawlhalla, hope it gets its own paragraph some day.
  • A Dank SlothA Dank Sloth487,231
    Posted on 20 November 22 at 18:43
    Though it doesn’t have achievements (it’s BR anyway, base game is a whole other can of worms)
    I can play Fortnite for hours with the right people.
    -Aaron
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.