Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Three More Hasbro Game Night Games Announced

• zigs00zigs00210,127
    Posted on 07 April 10 at 16:30
    As you may have read in yesterday's Marketplace Schedule - April 6th - April 20th post, the 2009 XBLA Award winners have been announced, with Hasbro Family Game Night picking up the title of "Best Family Game."

Hot off the press following that victory, EA have announced that there will be three more games joining the seven currently available in Hasbro Family Game Night, each including "original and remixed modes, online and local multiplayer, and leader board support"

To celebrate the big win and thank all of “the people out there who truly believed a Spud like me could make it to the top of the XBLA charts”, Mr. Potato Head has asked his friends at EA to put together a special collection of new titles to add to the popular HASBRO FAMILY GAME NIGHT line-up:

JENGA – The original towering, toppling wood block game includes Classic Play and ‘Chance Blocks’, where players must perform challenges, such as removing red blocks or defusing bombs.

PICTUREKA – Find it fast—find it first! In this exciting game of visual hide and seek, players race the clock—and each other—to see who has the best eyes and who can think outside the box.

CONNECT 4×4 – With double the grid spaces and double the players, this new take on the original CONNECT FOUR game features a remixed ‘Super Squares’ mode where power-ups reside inside the board itself.
    The games will join the roster of Hasbro board games already available, and while it hasn't been confirmed yet, it is safe to assume that each will have its own 200G achievement list, probably bringing the total for Hasbro Family Game Night up to a whopping 100 achievements worth 2,000G!

I've done a little bit of digging, and it does appear that Hasbro owns the licenses to all three of these games worldwide, so hopefully that means we won't see the same North American-exclusivity placed on any of the titles like with https://www.trueachievements.com/dlc.aspx?dlcid=79. Hopefully...

No word on prices (though a safe bet would estimate the same 800 MSP the other titles had), nor on a release date any more specific than Summer.
  • W1LLYMANW1LLYMAN773,914
    Posted on 07 April 10 at 16:34
    Jenga? How the hell is that supposed to work with a controller?
    Splodin' it hardcore since the day I was born...
  • MysticWeirdoMysticWeirdo1,780,566
    Posted on 07 April 10 at 16:36
    Hmm... These are 3 of the games from Family Game Night 2 for the Wii... Minus Operation and Bop it. I wonder it those will be coming as well.
  • BeanpotterBeanpotter1,240,169
    Posted on 07 April 10 at 16:38
    You'll have to make a stack of your controllers before trying to remove the one in the middle!
    VP of PR - GSSP. Simplifying the simple for the simple ("Zombies").
  • SpilnerSpilner848,719
    Posted on 07 April 10 at 16:40
    W1LLYMAN said:
    Dare i say Natal?

Guess this will add another 200G a piece.....so 2000G ?
    http://www.last.fm/user/Spilner1001 check me out, http://spilner1001.mybrute.com fight me
  • DaKensterDaKenster106,105
    Posted on 07 April 10 at 16:41
    So what's the total now for all the games? $100 for every one?
  • SebastianSBSebastianSB201,943
    Posted on 07 April 10 at 16:44
    I love Jenga but I don't think I'd ever want to play it in video game form.
    http://sebspot.wordpress.com/
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 April 10 at 16:56
    Can't wait for these, Loved Family Game Night.

Hope they are out soon :)
  • youhas ahoyyouhas ahoy298,524
    Posted on 07 April 10 at 17:18
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who immediately expressed a "Jenga? The hell?" sort of sentiment here. :)
  • Posted on 07 April 10 at 17:40
    What are the chances these will hit a disc form so I can score whore them like the rest? laugh
    http://butterflyedge.wordpress.com/
  • DragonYenDragonYen822,542
    Posted on 07 April 10 at 17:47, Edited on 07 April 10 at 17:47 by DragonYen
    ButterflyEdge said:
    What are the chances these will hit a disc form so I can score whore them like the rest? laugh
    That's exactly what I was just thinking... I'll hate having 600 missing points because of this, but not enough to spend 30 bucks on filling that hole.
    DragonYen - www.dragonyen.com
  • zigs00zigs00210,127
    Posted on 07 April 10 at 18:02
    ButterflyEdge said:
    Likewise, really hoping for it!
    INTERNETS: SERIOUS BIZNESS!
  • Nik SRBNik SRB126,072
    Posted on 07 April 10 at 18:03
    I would like to see how Jenga would function on the Wii.

For the Xbox my only guess is a little pressure on the trigger and steady movements with the joystick.
  • SpocKirkSpocKirk92,380
    Posted on 07 April 10 at 18:48
    Nik SRB said:
    I would like to see how Jenga would function on the Wii.

For the Xbox my only guess is a little pressure on the trigger and steady movements with the joystick.
    Buy Boom Blox.
    P.S. Act like my whole post is enclosed in [sarcasm][/sarcasm]. It's easier that way.
  • PiMDxPiMDx58,525
    Posted on 07 April 10 at 19:02
    W1LLYMAN said:
    Natalheadspintoast
  • redjarmanredjarman414,962
    Posted on 07 April 10 at 19:10
    Natal isn't this summer though
  • zigs00zigs00210,127
    Posted on 07 April 10 at 19:23
    W1LLYMAN said:
    Did you not play Sorry Sliders? That game shouldn't work with a controller, but it kinda does.
    INTERNETS: SERIOUS BIZNESS!
  • Posted on 07 April 10 at 20:20
    I wonder if you can use the Jenga gun on it?
    :)
  • W1LLYMANW1LLYMAN773,914
    Posted on 07 April 10 at 20:36
    zigs00 said:
    Did you not play Sorry Sliders? That game shouldn't work with a controller, but it kinda does.
    Nope, to be honest I'm not really a big fan of any board game on the Xbox. I have played shuffleboard on a console before though and I suppose it probably works the same as Sorry Sliders. But Jenga, I just can't wrap my head around it.
    Splodin' it hardcore since the day I was born...
  • zJakeyzJakey272,815
    Posted on 07 April 10 at 20:41
    Defuse bombs in Jenga???
    Hi people! Changed from madassassin45 to NI Jakey
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.