Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Three More Hasbro Game Night Games Announced

• W1LLYMANW1LLYMAN773,916
    Posted on 07 April 10 at 21:00
    NI Jakey said:
    Defuse bombs in Jenga???
    It's the Anti-terrorism version. New and improved! laugh
    Splodin' it hardcore since the day I was born...
  • NLi10NLi1047,125
    Posted on 07 April 10 at 21:24
    W1LLYMAN said:
    NI Jakey said:
    Defuse bombs in Jenga???
    It's the Anti-terrorism version. New and improved! laugh
    £60 (ish) for 2,000 gamer points worth of games makes it sound like better value than £6 a pop does.

I'd rather have them with friends so deleted this after trying the demo.

BoomBlox was good, but I'm guessing Jenga won't have the level variety.
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM88,411
    Posted on 07 April 10 at 21:58
    So, was there ever or has there been announced a disc with all of them?
    Hey guys, you should check out this website: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ERIKDOTCOM
  • dudecrazy108dudecrazy108313,880
    Posted on 07 April 10 at 23:14
    I'm interested in Jenga lol.
  • Mickey BurnsMickey Burns369,716
    Posted on 08 April 10 at 03:14
    I wonder if Hasbro will release Twister for Natal ...
  • waratahbre15waratahbre15670,213
    Posted on 08 April 10 at 04:23
    Connect 4 came out when this game was first released. I've been playing it for the last year or so......?!?!
    Posted on 08 April 10 at 04:40
    waratahbre15 said:
    Connect 4 came out when this game was first released. I've been playing it for the last year or so......?!?!
    It's as different game, Connect 4 x 4. Twice the grid squares and twice the players.
  • Posted on 08 April 10 at 05:02
    ERIKDOTCOM said:
    So, was there ever or has there been announced a disc with all of them?
    yes you can buy a disc with the original 7 on it or 6 if your from europe
  • tractakidtractakid290,370
    Posted on 08 April 10 at 10:04
    Agreed with those that say Boom Blox is a good game. Only thing missing, of course, is xbox live compatabaility and achievements :P
  • Mynx SethMynx Seth837,301
    Posted on 08 April 10 at 13:45
    I know i speak for quite a Few English People who would be happy if we could have SCRABBLE theres a mixed dictionary for boggle why not SCRABBLE. It makes me so angry.angryangryangry
  • zigs00zigs00210,127
    Posted on 08 April 10 at 14:43
    minx87 said:
    I know i speak for quite a Few English People who would be happy if we could have SCRABBLE theres a mixed dictionary for boggle why not SCRABBLE. It makes me so angry.angryangryangry
    Angry much?
    The reason is nothing to do with the dictionary. Hasbro owns the rights to Scrabble in North America, but it's own by a completely different company (Mattel I think) elsewhere in the world.
    INTERNETS: SERIOUS BIZNESS!
  • Posted on 08 April 10 at 15:27
    I'm starting to feel more and more like Hasbro is raping my wallet just because they can screw with my completion percentage. Is Mr. Potato Head kinda like Mickey Mouse in that South Park episode??
  • PerpaliciousPerpalicious166,113
    Posted on 08 April 10 at 16:46
    I agree, Alpha. I'm kind of pissed that MS is allowing Family Game Nights to get to 2000 points. If Family Game Night does get to 2000, then I have a feeling other games will start doing the same thing.
  • zigs00zigs00210,127
    Posted on 08 April 10 at 17:01
    Perpalicious said:
    I agree, Alpha. I'm kind of pissed that MS is allowing Family Game Nights to get to 2000 points. If Family Game Night does get to 2000, then I have a feeling other games will start doing the same thing.
    Well, bear in mind that there's no confirmation that that is going to happen. That's mainly just my speculation
    INTERNETS: SERIOUS BIZNESS!
    Posted on 08 April 10 at 17:06
    Perpalicious said:
    Come on now, Microsoft doesn't care about anyone's completion percentage. Do you really think they think of such things when they release anything onto marketplace?

If you think about it, each game is it's own unique title with 200 possible points. There is no difference between them releasing them independent of each other and releasing them under one banner.

Family Game Night is not a game; Boggle, Scrabble, Connect 4, etc. are games. It only makes sense to release them as a similar entity. I wouldn't worry about other 'games' gamerscore cap being increased aside from this and perhaps the new game room.
  • Posted on 08 April 10 at 17:41
    Shame Scrabble isn't owned by Hasbro in the UK...It sucks that I will never be able to 100% the game. Hate how my gamer card tells me I don't have the achievements when cleary I am unable to get them anyway :(
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 April 10 at 20:27
    I'm from the UK and I have 200'd Scrabble. It's easy you need an NTSC xbox and a US account then you can play it.
    I haven't 1400'd the game though because I hate Sorry! Will do it soon though in my quest for 100 completions!

Balls didnt want more shite rip off games! :(
  • SpocKirkSpocKirk92,380
    Posted on 08 April 10 at 20:37
    Ruthless Remix said:
    I'm from the UK and I have 200'd Scrabble. It's easy you need an NTSC xbox and a US account then you can play it.
    I haven't 1400'd the game though because I hate Sorry! Will do it soon though in my quest for 100 completions!

Are you sure you need an NTSC Xbox? I have a UK account on my US 360 and I can download and play XBLA demos from the UK marketplace.
    P.S. Act like my whole post is enclosed in [sarcasm][/sarcasm]. It's easier that way.
  • SpilnerSpilner848,828
    Posted on 08 April 10 at 21:04
    SpocKirk said:
    Ruthless Remix said:

Are you sure you need an NTSC Xbox? I have a UK account on my US 360 and I can download and play XBLA demos from the UK marketplace.
    Scrabble is specifically region locked, like some games
    http://www.last.fm/user/Spilner1001 check me out, http://spilner1001.mybrute.com fight me
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 April 10 at 21:27
    SpocKirk said:
    Ruthless Remix said:

Yeah I d/l'd it on my PAL console with a US account and didnt play so tried my NTSC 360 and it did. It's the same for everyone. I's region locked but no other aracde game's are as far as I know.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.