The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Countdown Sale 2022 now live with nearly 1,000 discounts

• XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,122,636
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 12:07
    My Little Pony!
  • Posted on 16 December 22 at 12:09
    NFS Unbound 40% off after 2.5 weeks, oof.
  • Shabby SoulShabby Soul1,233,565
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 12:15
    Some decent stuff but my backlog is ridiculous. And I'm never-endingly catching up with gamepass.
    Make It So.
  • PirateRyanGPirateRyanG220,881
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 12:22
    Death Burnout said:
    PirateRyanG said:
    Death Burnout said:
    I noticed this starting about 12 hours ago... Yet the disappointment is still fresh in my mind.

Another total snooze of a sale roll
    Gamers, eh?
    What about them? I see you're just trying to be smart about it, but did you really want me to list everything that hasn't been discounted for months on end? Yes gamers are entitled, amazing observation roll

Sales aren't what they used to be, but they set a bad precedent in the mid 10's because I find myself constantly relying on them. And of course taking full advantage of them. But shame on me for wanting to get good deals when times are tough though right?
    If a game isn't on sale regularly, it is likely people are merrily buying the game at full price, and thus the company sees no sense in discounting it.
  • EchelonSixEchelonSix1,198,797
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 12:47
    Death Burnout said:
    PirateRyanG said:
    Death Burnout said:
    I noticed this starting about 12 hours ago... Yet the disappointment is still fresh in my mind.

Gamers, eh?
    What about them? I see you're just trying to be smart about it, but did you really want me to list everything that hasn't been discounted for months on end? Yes gamers are entitled, amazing observation roll

Sales aren't what they used to be, but they set a bad precedent in the mid 10's because I find myself constantly relying on them. And of course taking full advantage of them. But shame on me for wanting to get good deals when times are tough though right?
    let me come up with another observation: spoiled entitled crybaby. and ofc ignorant and dumb. uuhhhh games are on sale every other month. ok lets try to explain the OBVIOUS: people buying consoles. they buy it on different dates and maybe they like to buy games on sale. the world isnt about YOU, YOUR game collection and YOUR wishes. btw this: roll is thr instant giveaway that youre dealing with an entitled karen. just sayin
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant1,094,301
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 12:52
    Will we be getting a wishlist notification for these games on sale? 1000 discounts are way too significant to browse.
    Take a look at My Lists, focusing on older titles, and always looking for new gaming partners.
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion1,133,934
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 13:03, Edited on 16 December 22 at 13:06 by Boots Orion
    Death Burnout said:
    PirateRyanG said:
    Death Burnout said:

Gamers, eh?

You’re whining and complaining.

There are many things that have and haven’t been on sale recently. I’m picking up a few things that rarely go on sale and that are cheaper than they’ve ever been this time around.

I don’t even mind repeat sales. Sometimes things are on sale a lot over a short time span and you take that for granted. Then when you finally decide you want to buy it it stops being on sale all the time and you are left wishing you bought it when it was on sale.

Your comment about sales not being what they used to be is also false. It’s probably more of a sign that you’ve already bought everything that you want that’s currently on sale. Each sale there is less I’m interested in too, but it’s because I’ve bit by bit eaten away at my wish list. Also, apparently you weren’t around during the 360 generation when you’d be ecstatic to see 30-50 things on sale. This sale is leagues better than any of the sales we used to get.

For me, I’ll be picking up theHunter: Call of the Wild Diamond Edition, One Piece World Seeker Deluxe Edition and Kaze and the Wild Masks. All have been in my wish list for a while and I’m glad they’re on sale. I missed getting One Piece last time it was on sale and I’m happy it’s on sale again.

To any interested, One Piece’s Deluxe Edition includes all DLC even though TA’s sale page doesn’t present it that way.

I’ve been on the fence about theHunter for a while, and have started picking up the DLC packs when they’ve been on sale. I was waiting for the Diamond bundle to go on sale as it includes more DLC packs with achievements than the other bundles. The Diamond Bundle hasn’t been on sale in several months, so I was quite happy to see it is on sale again.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 December 22 at 13:05
    Sure love linking to the "Best Game Pass Games" article a heck of a lot lately I noticed, just an observation is all.
  • Posted on 16 December 22 at 13:09
    EMBICK said:
    T0NY HAYABUSA said:
    Damn, got my hopes up that Evil West would be on sale even though it's still a new title.
    renting is the way here in the usa idk if your in the usa we have gamefly im in pa and lucky enough to have a shipping center 4 hrs away
    Yeah I'm in NJ and you are right. I have been thinking about Gamefly since last week and might give it a go for the first month.
  • Posted on 16 December 22 at 13:13
    Might pick up Elex. Love me some AA rpg
  • VOODOO85VOODOO85930,445
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 13:15
    Tendoman77 said:
    Sure love linking to the "Best Game Pass Games" article a heck of a lot lately I noticed, just an observation is all.
    Ha i noticed this too. Nearly every article is "X game launches on gamepass - will it join our list of Best Gamepass Games"

Can't blame TA for trying to link into other articles though but i noticed that one being link a lot
  • R3f1CuLR3f1CuL1,147,095
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 13:19
    Nothing for me. My library is just too big at this point for these sales to mean anything 95% of the time. Maybe something physical from Amazon or the like will pop up tho. Seems that's the only place I find deals these days to add to my collection tbh.
    So it goes...
  • CanezzaCanezza254,647
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 13:19
    Tendoman77 said:
    Gotta play the wonderful game of SEO sometimes.
  • Quad4WinQuad4Win172,287
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 13:32
    PirateRyanG said:
    Quad4Win said:
    BlackxRyan said:
    It's baffling that old CoD games like Ghosts and Advanced Warfare are still that expensive even on sale.
    Yeah, some publishers/companies do that, see Nintendo. cry
    Because why would they reduce them? People are willing to pay full price.

This is what baffles me about people complaining about Nintendo games barely getting any discount.

Of course they aren't getting a discount. People are willing to pay full whack for them. It wouldn't make business sense to reduce the price.
    Yeah, I don't agree to that.

It is more about a “tarnishment of the brand”.

Let's say they would offer a 25% discount once or twice a year for special occasions (Christmas, Black Friday), they would more than double their sales in these time frames, likely triple. Bottom line, more profit.
    But they see themselves as a “premium brand” (see Apple), so they don't do that.
  • Posted on 16 December 22 at 14:02
    What the hell happened that Dark Souls 3 used to be on sale for $15 all the time and now the regular sale price is $30? Games are supposed to get cheaper as they get older, not higher. It’s not like there’s a shortage in supply of the digital version.
  • Jamiereloaded23Jamiereloaded232,683,561
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 14:13
    LuckyKant said:
    Will we be getting a wishlist notification for these games on sale? 1000 discounts are way too significant to browse.
    I’m wondering the same thing. I was able to spot a few titles I know are on my wish list but I do like seeing the little blue notification dot with all the info I need.
  • WulfTekWulfTek1,114,274
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 14:14
    coolcallumcool said:
    I had every achievement bar one in about 35 hours.

The one I was missing? "Play the game for 80 hours"

I had to idle my console for 2 days 🙃
  • lordeleolordeleo771,905
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 14:15
    LONG time waiting to buy Just Cause.
    But JC3 XXL is cheaper than JC. Nonsense
    [url=http://www.trueachievements.com/lordeleo.htm][img]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/lordeleo.png[/img][/url]
  • Posted on 16 December 22 at 14:32
    WulfTek said:
    coolcallumcool said:
    I had every achievement bar one in about 35 hours.

The one I was missing? "Play the game for 80 hours"

I had to idle my console for 2 days 🙃
    Yeah that seems terrible 💀
  • Posted on 16 December 22 at 14:51, Edited on 16 December 22 at 14:55 by Death Burnout
    PirateRyanG said:
    If a game isn't on sale regularly, it is likely people are merrily buying the game at full price, and thus the company sees no sense in discounting it.
    Not always true, some of the games in question are old and not driving big numbers, certainly not now in 2022. From time to time you will see these old games from 8+ years ago be heavily discounted, with no rhyme or reason in a big sale like this (not a publisher sale which is different) The deciding factors of what goes on sale and when are not as simple as you believe.
    Boots Orion said:
    You’re whining and complaining.
    And you're complaining about my complaining, big deal. It was a harmless complaint that others have voiced in the past, some much less eloquently. So what of it?
    EchelonSix said:
    let me come up with another observation: spoiled entitled crybaby. and ofc ignorant and dumb. uuhhhh games are on sale every other month. ok lets try to explain the OBVIOUS: people buying consoles. they buy it on different dates and maybe they like to buy games on sale. the world isnt about YOU, YOUR game collection and YOUR wishes. btw this: roll is thr instant giveaway that youre dealing with an entitled karen. just sayin
    I think you're a bit mentally challenged, everything you spat at me (because it doesn't make much sense) was full on Karen and I'm sorry you're so sensitive. The pot calling the kettle black right here.

I don't know why you three take such a big issue with what I said, but, whatever.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads