The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Countdown Sale 2022 now live with nearly 1,000 discounts

• Posted on 16 December 22 at 15:13
    YAWN ... Playstation do sales so much better .This is supposed to be an xmas sale . So sad
  • Posted on 16 December 22 at 15:35
    A lot of great deals, I was tempted to get back into Overwatch (still not crazy about having to have a phone number to play it) but I knew the Xbox Christmas sale was coming.
    HumanTorch236
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion1,133,934
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 15:35
    Death Burnout said:
    PirateRyanG said:
    If a game isn't on sale regularly, it is likely people are merrily buying the game at full price, and thus the company sees no sense in discounting it.
    Not always true, some of the games in question are old and not driving big numbers, certainly not now in 2022. From time to time you will see these old games from 8+ years ago be heavily discounted, with no rhyme or reason in a big sale like this (not a publisher sale which is different) The deciding factors of what goes on sale and when are not as simple as you believe.
    Boots Orion said:
    You’re whining and complaining.
    And you're complaining about my complaining, big deal. It was a harmless complaint that others have voiced in the past, some much less eloquently. So what of it?
    EchelonSix said:
    let me come up with another observation: spoiled entitled crybaby. and ofc ignorant and dumb. uuhhhh games are on sale every other month. ok lets try to explain the OBVIOUS: people buying consoles. they buy it on different dates and maybe they like to buy games on sale. the world isnt about YOU, YOUR game collection and YOUR wishes. btw this: roll is thr instant giveaway that youre dealing with an entitled karen. just sayin
    I think you're a bit mentally challenged, everything you spat at me (because it doesn't make much sense) was full on Karen and I'm sorry you're so sensitive. The pot calling the kettle black right here.

I don't know why you three take such a big issue with what I said, but, whatever.
    I wasn’t whining about you complaining at all. I observed that you were complaining and explaining in detail why your way of thinking is flawed. You clearly didn’t read the rest of my post though. I don’t know why I’m responding to a person who resorts to insulting posters (e.g., you must be mentally challenged) that disagrees with them, but at least I’m capable of doing it without resorting to unnecessary and inappropriate insults.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • iMikeZeroiMikeZero845,940
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 15:37
    The majority of the discussion on this post has been about people being disappointed in sales. Continues to happen in every sales thread. Please just stop.

I’ve been anti-Elden Ring for the year. I might jump in it at the discounted price. Might pick up the XIII remake as well if the new update came out for it.
  • Posted on 16 December 22 at 15:43
    Mirror's Edge Catalyst is 90% off and is practically free.
    Good heavens! Would you look at the time!
  • Posted on 16 December 22 at 15:48
    I see some Lego games finally under $6!
    GremlinLord615-Why not follow me on: Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram. Always willing if you're nice.
  • Posted on 16 December 22 at 15:53
    Anyone played ‘just die already’? Thinking might be worth a go for less then a fiver
  • ArkhaneyArkhaney514,096
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 16:10, Edited on 16 December 22 at 16:10 by Arkhaney
    Hmmm, sales used to be a little bit better but that's fine by me, my backlog is way too big plus Game pass is merciless 😁. Still, there's a couple of games I'm interested getting a decent discount so...

Anyways, Merry Christmas everyone!! (a bit too early I know) 🥳
  • Jigsaw7PlayzJigsaw7Playz217,130
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 16:10
    It's 9 months from the last time Nier: Automata went on sale and now only replicant is on sale :(
  • WicelowWicelow1,742,897
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 16:20
    I'm good for now... Nothing trully great in the sale anyway.
    Eat. Play. Love.
  • DrySpongeYTDrySpongeYT249,605
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 16:23
    PirateRyanG said:
    Quad4Win said:
    BlackxRyan said:
    It's baffling that old CoD games like Ghosts and Advanced Warfare are still that expensive even on sale.
    Yeah, some publishers/companies do that, see Nintendo. cry
    Because why would they reduce them? People are willing to pay full price.

This is what baffles me about people complaining about Nintendo games barely getting any discount.

Of course they aren't getting a discount. People are willing to pay full whack for them. It wouldn't make business sense to reduce the price.
    That argument works for Nintendo games, but not for older COD titles. Why would you pay 60 bucks for a game with a basically dead multiplayer? Why does a game from 2012 on the Xbox 360 still cost 50 bucks? I love Black Ops 2, but don't spend 50 bucks on it, just roll down to a game store and grab it for 5
  • Posted on 16 December 22 at 16:25
    Yamorak said:
    Was considering PC building simulator but apparently it's got some really grindy achievements. Might get Medieval Dynasty, might wait to see if it gets cheaper down the line before it leaves game pass.
    the grind in PCBS is maddening.
    if only the game was updated so the IT expansion unlocks the money achievements...
    /|'\\_<(*@,*)>_//'|\
  • Jazzy201Jazzy2012,104,240
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 16:30, Edited on 16 December 22 at 16:34 by Jazzy201
    I would get AC: Valhalla Ragnarök Edition at that price, but it'll be cheaper by the time I'm ready to dig into it.

That Outriders Worldslayer DLC is still ridiculously overpriced. I'll keep waiting for that one as well.

I bought the Risk of Rain bundle-
    Game recognizes game playa...and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now-
  • BAMMphilBAMMphil1,370,807
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 16:54
    LuckyKant said:
    Will we be getting a wishlist notification for these games on sale? 1000 discounts are way too significant to browse.
    Probably not, but you can just do it yourself, too:

Go to any notification you got in the past, like this one for this weeks weekly sale:
    Xbox Sales for Tue 13 Dec

You see the 2384 in the URL on top of the page? That is the day of the sale.
    On top of the site it says: "Xbox Sales Added On 13 December 22 in your Wishlist"

If you increase the 2384 in the URL by 1, it counts up the day by 1, too.
    So 2385 is 14 Dec., 2386 is 15 Dec., etc.

So by setting it to the day a sale happens you can see the notification for that day, which you would/should have gotten.

The sale happend today, which is 16 Dec, so you would take 2384 (13 Dec, above) +3 and use 2387.

And lo and behold: Xbox Sales for Today should now show you this sales items on your wishlist.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant1,094,301
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 17:09
    BAMMphil said:
    LuckyKant said:
    Will we be getting a wishlist notification for these games on sale? 1000 discounts are way too significant to browse.
    Probably not, but you can just do it yourself, too:

Go to any notification you got in the past, like this one for this weeks weekly sale:
    Xbox Sales for Tue 13 Dec

You see the 2384 in the URL on top of the page? That is the day of the sale.
    On top of the site it says: "Xbox Sales Added On 13 December 22 in your Wishlist"

If you increase the 2384 in the URL by 1, it counts up the day by 1, too.
    So 2385 is 14 Dec., 2386 is 15 Dec., etc.

So by setting it to the day a sale happens you can see the notification for that day, which you would/should have gotten.

The sale happend today, which is 16 Dec, so you would take 2384 (13 Dec, above) +3 and use 2387.

And lo and behold: Xbox Sales for Today should now show you this sales items on your wishlist.
    Thanks. I did know this but only recently. I actually forgot about it until after I posted. It is a neat trick.
    Take a look at My Lists, focusing on older titles, and always looking for new gaming partners.
  • WagachoochooWagachoochoo1,016,764
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 17:26
    I snapped up the Xbox Series version of The Quarry at £21 straight away! I always felt that game should be £25, like the majority of the Dark Pictures games were. Its finally dropped to what I deem a totally acceptable figure to pay for that sort of game. Looking forward to playing it now.
  • KedrixKedrix307,563
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 17:28
    Well that's the cheapest I've seen Diablo II (I always said my price point was $15 and it's now ~$13) and maybe I'll snag Lego Incredibles finally ($5.99 is hard to ignore) as well. But outside of that, nothing I really want.
    Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
  • Lily Mu RBLily Mu RB939,914
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 17:42
    When I saw the sale pop on XbDeals yesterday (before TA had their post up), was combing through it thinking to myself "oh my goodness I recognize at least 50 games being at their lowest price point, I'm sure everyone on TA will be thrilled to see this sale being a breath of fresh air!" and then I actually look at the comments and yIKES
  • mvon007mvon007542,770
    Posted on 16 December 22 at 17:50
    Lily Mu RB said:
    When I saw the sale pop on XbDeals yesterday (before TA had their post up), was combing through it thinking to myself "oh my goodness I recognize at least 50 games being at their lowest price point, I'm sure everyone on TA will be thrilled to see this sale being a breath of fresh air!" and then I actually look at the comments and yIKES
    Lol there was the problem, you tried to logic it!

Still waiting on a sale ever for Submerged Hidden Depths as it will mainly be for completion and is not worth the inflated full price.

Really only tempted by Contra collection. Played the original as Gryzor on Amstrad CPC in the '80s, good times. Other than that, most things are going to struggle to get noticed with the backlog in mind!
  • Radix37Radix37602,913
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads