Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Popular Xbox games — January 23rd, 2023

• Posted on 23 January 23 at 19:29
    Our latest Gameplay Chart of popular Xbox games sees Monster Hunter Rise break straight into the top five following its Xbox Game Pass addition, while Vampire Survivors just manages to stay in the top 40.

Please click here to read the full story: Popular Xbox games — January 23rd, 2023
  • l00kAliveBudl00kAliveBud280,390 280,390 GamerScore
    Posted on 23 January 23 at 19:45, Edited on 23 January 23 at 19:47 by l00kAliveBud
    I remember giving the previous monster hunter a go for some rewards quest, it seemed like an interesting world, but when it came to the combat it was too hacky-slashy for me. Lots of particle effects and dodge rolling and chaos. Well, good for those who enjoy that stuff. Clearly quite popular.
    On a different note, Vampire Survivors is crack. I'm contemplating rehab.
    "Stop misquoting me." - Sun Tzu, probably
  • PirateRyanGPirateRyanG222,878
    Posted on 23 January 23 at 20:08
    I'm surprised Overwatch 2 is here. L.ike, I know it is insanely popular. However, the population has changed drastically.

With Overwatch 1, you could wait a couple of minutes as support almost all day. It may have died at 4/5am, but it was still never longer than 10 minutes or so.

As Overwatch 2 started to get closer, queues beyond 10pm (in Europe) died off, even as support.

Now, I can barely get into a game after 11pm. As support.

I guess everybody is completing their dailies early in the day leaving no excitement for us that want to play at 3/4am.

It's a shame.
  • etcher1981etcher19811,297,642
    Posted on 23 January 23 at 20:22
    Wow. Prodeus made it up there?! Crazy.
    I keeps it realz!
  • HieronimusHieronimus795,876
    Posted on 23 January 23 at 20:23
    etcher1981 said:
    Just for the Game Pass Quest. Most people didn't really play it.
  • AZUR bcAZUR bc718,760
    Posted on 23 January 23 at 21:00
    Hieronimus said:
    etcher1981 said:
    I hear that, but you think a simple game pass quest can influence that much the leaderboard ? Crazy if it's just because of that
  • Posted on 23 January 23 at 21:28
    Prodeus is a great game for anyone with fond memories of Doom 2
  • LockieLockie870,718
    Posted on 23 January 23 at 21:47
    AnToN Xn said:
    Hieronimus said:
    etcher1981 said:
    I hear that, but you think a simple game pass quest can influence that much the leaderboard ? Crazy if it's just because of that
    If you look at the previous charts the Game Pass quest game always makes the list, since it only takes 5 seconds to load it via the Cloud and close it again.
    Console: Series X on an LG CX // PC: Ryzen 5 5600X w/ RTX 3060 Ti
  • AZUR bcAZUR bc718,760
    Posted on 23 January 23 at 22:44
    Lockie said:
    AnToN Xn said:
    Hieronimus said:
    etcher1981 said:
    If you look at the previous charts the Game Pass quest game always makes the list, since it only takes 5 seconds to load it via the Cloud and close it again.
    Oh ok thanks, I didn't look at the previous charts for a while.
    It's indeed quick with the Cloud, I just didn't think that many people were doing those quests ahah, impressing
  • LockieLockie870,718
    Posted on 23 January 23 at 23:26
    AnToN Xn said:
    Lockie said:
    AnToN Xn said:
    Hieronimus said:
    etcher1981 said:
    Oh ok thanks, I didn't look at the previous charts for a while.
    It's indeed quick with the Cloud, I just didn't think that many people were doing those quests ahah, impressing
    Yeah it wasn't always the case but I think more and more people are picking up on the value of Rewards points.
    Console: Series X on an LG CX // PC: Ryzen 5 5600X w/ RTX 3060 Ti
  • ShelderShelder372,153
    Posted on 24 January 23 at 01:02
    PirateRyanG said:
    I'm surprised Overwatch 2 is here. L.ike, I know it is insanely popular. However, the population has changed drastically.

With Overwatch 1, you could wait a couple of minutes as support almost all day. It may have died at 4/5am, but it was still never longer than 10 minutes or so.

As Overwatch 2 started to get closer, queues beyond 10pm (in Europe) died off, even as support.

I guess everybody is completing their dailies early in the day leaving no excitement for us that want to play at 3/4am.

It's a shame.
    Interesting, I almost only play between 2 to 5am in Europe and find games in 1:30 to 4 minutes.

And since I fill any role, it means I play 90% of the time as support.
  • PirateRyanGPirateRyanG222,878
    Posted on 24 January 23 at 10:52
    Shelder said:
    PirateRyanG said:

It's a shame.
    Interesting, I almost only play between 2 to 5am in Europe and find games in 1:30 to 4 minutes.

And since I fill any role, it means I play 90% of the time as support.
    Maybe it's just my switch being weird then. I have yet to play ow2 on xbox. I just figured the queue times would be the same due to cross play.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads