The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up January 24th, 2023

• Posted on 24 January 23 at 21:43, Edited on 24 January 23 at 21:44 by Too Much Cheeez
    Yeah, Prey Deluxe Edition. Hoping it's a Dishonoured in space.
  • MehticulousMehticulous514,244
    Posted on 25 January 23 at 01:08, Edited on 25 January 23 at 01:10 by Mehticulous
    The Cherished said:
    Girthshakes said:
    The Cherished said:
    Hey Risen is on sale to coincide with the baffling remaster coming out this week! That's neat!
    Not even a remaster, just a preservation port.
    I'm not familiar with that term, what does that mean?
    A port from a considerably older platform to a contemporary one with the aim of making the older game playable on modern operating systems and hardware. On PC this takes the form of releasing patches for a much older game designed to work with say Win 98-XP so that'll it function on Win 10/11.
  • The CherishedThe Cherished2,001,794
    Posted on 25 January 23 at 01:55
    Girthshakes said:
    The Cherished said:
    Girthshakes said:
    The Cherished said:
    Hey Risen is on sale to coincide with the baffling remaster coming out this week! That's neat!
    Not even a remaster, just a preservation port.
    I'm not familiar with that term, what does that mean?
    A port from a considerably older platform to a contemporary one with the aim of making the older game playable on modern operating systems and hardware. On PC this takes the form of releasing patches for a much older game designed to work with say Win 98-XP so that'll it function on Win 10/11.
    Very interesting (and awesome), thanks for the info!
  • Posted on 25 January 23 at 15:27
    As I've previously mentioned, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger doesn't appear to work on the 360 any longer, despite it having 360 box art in the Microsoft store. However, given that it was listed here again, I decided to buy it, and it definitely does NOT download to or work on the 360. Therefore, it is not backwards compatible, only "forwards compatible:" a 360 game that only works on the One or newer. It should be taken off the backwards-compatible list and put in the One list in the future. I wonder how many other 360 games are like this?

I'll play it when I eventually get a Series X a few years from now.
  • neoncatneoncat302,447
    Posted on 25 January 23 at 17:28
    Does anyone know when Spyro Trilogy will go on sale? I really want to play it at some point
  • Jiggy NachoJiggy Nacho175,473
    Posted on 26 January 23 at 02:21
    neoncat said:
    Does anyone know when Spyro Trilogy will go on sale? I really want to play it at some point
    It's on sale right now for $13.99 until January 31
  • neoncatneoncat302,447
    Posted on 26 January 23 at 14:31
    Jiggy Nacho said:
    neoncat said:
    It's on sale right now for $13.99 until January 31
    thanks
  • Posted on 29 January 23 at 16:31
    Tomb Raider Survivor Trilogy has gone on sale like clock work every month in like the 3rd or 4th week of the month. Of course when I decide I want to buy it, it skips sale this month lol.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads