Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Far Cry 7 and standalone multiplayer Far Cry game in development – report

• SpirochaeteSpirochaete3,136,450
    Posted on 28 January 23 at 14:10
    facepalm

To any multiplayer only game with closeable servers.
  • Posted on 28 January 23 at 16:22
    DrySpongeYT said:
    This sites full of them. People who think that because they don't like it, that means no one likes it.
    This is an opinion section so I don't see why one should blame people for sharing their views.

I myself have played every FC game (I guess) but got ever more tired of it. The idea behind it is great (exotic setting, some sort of survival-shooter) but the execution has been lacking ever more. Graphics, number of collectibles/quests and map size seem to be the only KPI for Ubisoft these years.
  • The MelandroThe Melandro146,197
    Posted on 28 January 23 at 18:44
    Far Cry 6 was boring as f*ck. No need for a 7th copy and paste game
  • Posted on 28 January 23 at 20:31
    ChiflaGoodluck said:
    "Far Cry 3 4"
    Wouldn't it be Far Cry 3 5? lol
  • Posted on 29 January 23 at 00:23
    Undead Shroom said:
    ChiflaGoodluck said:
    "Far Cry 3 4"
    Wouldn't it be Far Cry 3 5? lol
    I can’t do math. laugh
    “Life is the universe experiencing itself.” - Spirit of Lord Opengate, "Death’s Door"
  • Posted on 29 January 23 at 02:56
    are people still asking for more of these games?!? I have no idea why games like this are still going, but games like Quake, Duke nukem, Darkness, etc, with ACTUAL level design all get canned. I mean good for them if they’re still getting milk out of this game, but I’m pretty sure it’s turning to cottage cheese by now
    If at first you don't succeed, try even harder. Success or failure, the choice is up to you.
  • Posted on 29 January 23 at 07:53
    I’m hype to tramp, hunt and kill in The Last Frontier rock I love that they’re bringing the series to AK. They better do it justice with diesel ass Bull moose, grizzlies and caribous for me to one shot with a compound bow, and the Aurora Borealis pulsing through the sky! Also midnight Sun / dark season please ????
  • SchwarzioSchwarzio202,918
    Posted on 29 January 23 at 10:32
    Who the heck wants FC multiplayer? lol
  • GtechApocalypseGtechApocalypse2,563,186
    Posted on 29 January 23 at 15:08
    Awesome!
    Gtech
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 January 23 at 15:26
    Meanwhile where is the remake or remaster of FC2? FC3 got one and 2 is by far a better game. 3 might have a better story to the critics but to a real fan, 2 is grittier more realistic, both graphics and physics, and a lot better to play. That said the mp can do one. Imagine those fire effects in Unreal Engine 5. Make it happen Ubisoft.
  • SpockMcCoyIESpockMcCoyIE499,259
    Posted on 29 January 23 at 16:26
    Although I was a little surprised that FC6 was better than I had expected, it was still the same old Ubisoft open world formula most of us are burned out on and with their recent antics, I really don't believe in their games anymore. As a mega fan of the Assassin's Creed Series, Valhalla was the first game I didn't enjoy and don't get me started on basically having to pay for transmog. Ridiculous.
    The doctor gave me a pill, and I grew a new kidney!
    Posted on 29 January 23 at 16:32, Edited on 29 January 23 at 16:34 by SpockMcCoyIE
    ResiXbalt4 said:
    Meanwhile where is the remake or remaster of FC2? FC3 got one and 2 is by far a better game. 3 might have a better story to the critics but to a real fan, 2 is grittier more realistic, both graphics and physics, and a lot better to play. That said the mp can do one. Imagine those fire effects in Unreal Engine 5. Make it happen Ubisoft.
    Well, I have FC3 for the SX but I wouldn't call it a remaster, the SX makes it look a little better than it was on the 360 but that's it. Also, where's my remaster/re-release of Assassin's Creed 1? I remember them promising it a few years ago. Altaïr is still my favourite and I replay AC1 at least every other year but man, it aged like milk on the 360.
    I also think that Primal was the last great Far Cry game and 2/3 are still my favourites to this day.
  • SeanyMcBikerSeanyMcBiker218,280
    Posted on 29 January 23 at 21:50
    Love the Far Cry series, looking forward to this, bit of an ould wait but sure , be grand.
  • Stark MarineStark Marine1,563,944
    Posted on 30 January 23 at 02:08
    I just finished Far Cry 6 this weekend. Technicaly the game is a real next gen title. World looks amazing and it runs really well. Story was quite cool too, I was suprised how it ended. I had a good time with this one.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo328,723
    Posted on 30 January 23 at 08:46
    BlackxRyan said:
    Sure, continue milking the two same franchises while you keep Rayman buried six feet deep.
    They make another Rayman 2.5D platformer I would buy that Day 1!

I do have a feeling that Ubi will NEED to change their output sooner than later because lack of change will be reflected in their sales and they will be forced to evolve beyond their current copy and paste model.
    "I made a calculated risk. But man am I bad at math."
  • Posted on 30 January 23 at 16:08, Edited on 30 January 23 at 16:08 by Dstranger1092
    So, if its Alaska then how will it be any different from far cry 4's yeti dlc with the cold and mountain environment?
  • Elessar1191Elessar1191342,636
    Posted on 30 January 23 at 16:27, Edited on 30 January 23 at 16:29 by Elessar1191
    Far Cry multiplayer has always either been meh, or underrated.
    Not sure a multiplayer only game is something fans are clamouring for though. You'd think Ubisoft would learn their lesson after the extremely lacklustre response to the Tom Clancy multiplayer only game.

As for Far Cry itself, I think it's long past time to shelve the franchise for at least 2-3 years before even thinking of starting another.

It's been clear for years what we want from Ubisoft:
    • A change in the game formula - stop each game being the same, just with a different franchise skin.

• A brand new entry for Splinter Cell.

• A Rainbow Six game with an actual campaign. Hell I'd even play remakes of the old games if built using the Seige engine; what with its impressive destructible environment capability.
  • Elessar1191Elessar1191342,636
    Posted on 30 January 23 at 16:45
    SpockMcCoyIE said:
    ResiXbalt4 said:
    Well, I have FC3 for the SX but I wouldn't call it a remaster, the SX makes it look a little better than it was on the 360 but that's it. Also, where's my remaster/re-release of Assassin's Creed 1? I remember them promising it a few years ago. Altaïr is still my favourite and I replay AC1 at least every other year but man, it aged like milk on the 360.
    I also think that Primal was the last great Far Cry game and 2/3 are still my favourites to this day.
    AC1 defo deserves a remaster. They'll probably leave it till next gen now though, so they can milk the franchise some more by doing a AC Saga package with true remasters of the Ezio Trilogy; remasters of remasters with AC3, Liberation & Rogue; then include spruce ups to Black Flag, Unity, Syndicate & the Chronicles Trilogy.

FC2 also deserves the remaster treatment, despite still looking damn great for a game that is 15 years old.
    I'd like to see them return to that kind of storytelling too, where your protagonist is someone actually experienced in using guns etc. The narrative of supposedly being unexperienced with or reluctant to use firearms, which we seem to get in cutscenes, is jarring when the next thing you know you're just going around hunting & killing like it's second nature.
    Posted on 30 January 23 at 18:59
    Elessar1191 said:
    SpockMcCoyIE said:
    ResiXbalt4 said:
    AC1 defo deserves a remaster. They'll probably leave it till next gen now though, so they can milk the franchise some more by doing a AC Saga package with true remasters of the Ezio Trilogy; remasters of remasters with AC3, Liberation & Rogue; then include spruce ups to Black Flag, Unity, Syndicate & the Chronicles Trilogy.

FC2 also deserves the remaster treatment, despite still looking damn great for a game that is 15 years old.
    I'd like to see them return to that kind of storytelling too, where your protagonist is someone actually experienced in using guns etc. The narrative of supposedly being unexperienced with or reluctant to use firearms, which we seem to get in cutscenes, is jarring when the next thing you know you're just going around hunting & killing like it's second nature.
    Yeah, I can imagine them milking the cash cow that's AC to them for all that it's worth and don't get me started on the story after Odyssey, although the bad story telling definitely started after Desmond died, at least on the future side.

True, I got the Ezio Collection because it was fun to replay them on the One, but jeez, they just put the games in a package and that was it, no enhancements whatsoever. It was great to have all the DLCs in one place and that they got rid of the awful online achievements for servers that barely worked when the game was more active.

I hate the trend of remastering games from 5 years ago while games that deserve it are left in the dust.

FC2 really still looks great for an older 360 title.
    Same with Resident Evil 4, even the GameCube version (which is my preferred version) still looks good by today standards. I am looking forward to the RE4 Remake a little bit though, they seemed to have put a lot of effort in.

And yeah, the story after FC3 got really bad as well as monotonous because it's basically always the same story with other characters. I also agree that FC2's story made a lot more sense. You kind of lose your sense of emersion when you are in a cutscene where the protagonist seems like a scared kitten and after it you mow down a whole base of bad guys by yourself.
  • wildwest08wildwest081,823,625
    Posted on 31 January 23 at 00:07
    Far Cry needs to take a long break and come back refreshed. I liked 3, didn't like 4, loved 5, and haven't been too interested in 6 so far. They need to keep them around 25 hours and not inflate them to 50 plus
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads