Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Every Game Pass game with awkward achievement values

• Posted on 11 February 23 at 19:21
    Turtzerker said:
    Night Vulture said:
    dubdeetwothree said:
    Imagine letting this stop you playing a game
    You are on the wrong page for that comment. People on here will not play a Game Pass Quest if it will pop an achievement. I do understand why someone would not want an odd gamerscore (I would not let it stop me from playing a game I would enjoy) but if we look at it from the other side of things it is worse.

Imagine making a video game and not having faith that people will want to play through the whole game so you stick them with a quick odd score and force them to play the rest of the game to get the achievement that evens that score out?
    Literally no developer is doing that. Also, as somebody who actually has OCD (and a valid diagnosis, not something off TikTok), something like an odd achievement score is highly unlikely to drive us up the wall. In a world where I have to touch door knobs multiple times or wash my hands every time I touch a surface, seeing an odd-looking gamerscore is the least of my concerns and certainly not something that developers are preying on to get people to play their games.

Source: An Xbox (and Steam) game developer with OCD.
    I do not pay attention to achievements now but I know for a fact that in the past there are games that start off with an odd achievement score and in order to get the other half you have to basically finish the game. Off the top of my head I do not remember the name of these games but I am sure someone on here will know.

I never mentioned OCD. If someone else did quote them to talk about OCD because I not once mentioned OCD. I do not have OCD and when I cared about my gamer score I preferred for it end in 0 or 5 just because it looked better. I do not suffer anxiety if it is not but I would rather it were. Again, not talking about OCD so I do not know why you are bringing that up. Congrats on your diagnosis I guess? I dont know what you want for that.
  • Nave SutlefNave Sutlef184,395
    Posted on 13 February 23 at 05:20
    I’ve got a few of these on my list and even more that aren’t on GP (looking at you Dead Island). It’s literally a non-issue since I plan to 1k each of them so..

Really don’t see why people would avoid playing games for something so silly.
  • NovakNovak339,229
    Posted on 02 August 23 at 00:19
    I got a 37G achievement in You Don't Know Jack on the 360, and the DLC was removed from the store so I'll never get the full completion. That being said, I have to finish all 73 episodes for the 73G achievement to even it out.
  • CReaper210CReaper210358,028
    Posted on 04 August 23 at 23:49
    For me, I don't mind so much the odd individual achievement values because where possible I try to 100% a list that I care about, but what annoys me is when the total score for a game is odd. Stellaris, for example, ends with a 78 after you obtain every achievement. That's definitely annoying.
  • NovakNovak339,229
    Posted on 10 September 23 at 17:22
    I'll never forgive You Don't Know Jack for giving me a 37G achievement. On the bright side, last week I hit 200,002 gamerscore so that's kinda cool.
  • UGWRayneUGWRayne1,176,258
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads