Game Discussion: F1 2012

VIP Pass

• Posted on 17 February 23 at 16:04
    Does anyone know where I could buy a VIP Pass for this game?

It's been De-Listed on the XBox Live Marketplace. And been trying to find a Code for it.
    You need the VIP Pass to access the Multiplayer in this game.

I thought I bought one from the Marketplace back in 2016, before it got De-Listed. But obviously I forgot and didn't realise.

In addition, I just bought a Brand New Sealed Physical Copy of the game. Tested the Code on my XBox 360 console last night. And it told me "The Code Has Been Redeemed". Must have been a Re-Sealed product.

Any help, suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
  • darknight507darknight507945,157
    Posted on 17 February 23 at 16:28, Edited on 17 February 23 at 16:31 by darknight507
    Even when buying a sealed copy it's unlikely that the code will work because apparently it has an expiry date. I bought a factory sealed copy of f1 2011 and didn't bother trying the code because of this. However, I don't mind giving the code a go to test this theory if it will help at all
  • Posted on 17 February 23 at 20:03
    darknight507#193 said:
    Even when buying a sealed copy it's unlikely that the code will work because apparently it has an expiry date. I bought a factory sealed copy of f1 2011 and didn't bother trying the code because of this. However, I don't mind giving the code a go to test this theory if it will help at all
    I just decided to enter it on the XBox App on my Laptop. This time though, I have been given this message...

Check the instructions that came with your code. You might need to redeem it on a different web page or device, or you may be ineligible to redeem this code.

It did say on the XBox 360 Console that the Code has already been redeemed. But I might try it again later on just to clairfy.

Checking the Code as well on both sides, it doesn't seem to have an Expiry Date written on it. But it is a possibility the Code has Expired as you say.
    It would be pretty odd if that's true. I used a 48-Hour Code the other day from a copy of Gears Of War - XBox 360. And I think that Code was suppose to expire in 2008. Well it's 2023, and I managed to get the Code to work.

I'll keep the Code for now and see if I can figure out something with it.

But thanks for all your help so far. I'll update if I get anywhere.
  • Posted on 17 February 23 at 22:16
    Looking at the new threads on here today, there seem to be quite a few issues with the 360 marketplace today. I'd say try again later.

I know the PS3 codes for the F1 games are all expired. I've never come across an expired 360 code though. Still, it certainly could be expired since the PS3 ones are.
    Hola
  • Tatl360Tatl360465,220
    Posted on 18 February 23 at 01:20
    Is it the correct region?
    May try on a US account.
  • ULTRAxNAPAULTRAxNAPA628,754
    Posted on 18 February 23 at 02:43, Edited on 18 February 23 at 02:44 by ULTRAxNAPA
    darknight507#193 said:
    Even when buying a sealed copy it's unlikely that the code will work because apparently it has an expiry date.
    Nope not true. I just cracked open my sealed copy and was able to redeem the VIP pass code. There is no expiration date on the code.

What I did was loaded up the game and the game checks for the VIP pass. If the game does not find the VIP pass it will prompt you to either buy it (which you can't) or redeem code. I redeemed the code that way and was able to download it.

@Bulgy try to redeem your code in game. If you get "this code has already been redeemed" then I am sorry to say the seller sold you resealed copy.
  • darknight507darknight507945,157
    Posted on 18 February 23 at 04:07
    ULTRAxNAPA said:
    darknight507#193 said:
    Even when buying a sealed copy it's unlikely that the code will work because apparently it has an expiry date.
    Nope not true. I just cracked open my sealed copy and was able to redeem the VIP pass code. There is no expiration date on the code.
    That's good to know. Apologies for the false info. I must have read about expiry dates on the playstation version and assumed it applied to xbox. My bad smile
  • Posted on 19 February 23 at 19:29
    So the outcome with the VIP Pass Code I got, was that I tested it yesterday on my XBox 360 Console by going through the Redeem Code on the XBox 360 Guide. I tested this on my Main Account, and I tested this on my Dummy Account. It told me on all occasions - "This Code has already been Redeemed".

I then loaded the game up. Went into Redeem Code in F1 2012 when prompt. And the message was exactly the same - "This Code has already been Redeemed".

Looking into this. When I opened the case. Even though it was Sealed. The Green Case had the words "EA" (Electronic Arts) written all over it. Above where the Disc is stored in the Case. You usually only get this when you buy Brand New EA Games or Used Games, and someone just decided to use a EA Case.

With this in mind, at the time when F1 2012 came out. EA did not own Codemasters (that makes F1 Games). They didn't buy them until 2020 (F1 2020 was the last self-published Codemasters title until EA took over).

As you can see. What has likely happened, is that the Code has likely been used. The game got chucked into a different Inner-Case (EA). The seller Re-Sealed it, and sold it as New.

I could moan about this since I've paid for something and didn't exactly get what I wanted. But I'm still going to keep my copy of the game. Because my original Disc was badly damaged, and the Case itself & Front Cover was Watered. This Disc that did arrive was in a better state than it is.

But thank you everyone for all your help anyhow.
  • MatanjahPLMatanjahPL1,097,401
    Posted on 15 April 23 at 14:24
    Looking someone who has F1 2011 or/and 2012 Online Pass (x360)
  • SqueezefanSqueezefan1,005,212
    Posted on 28 June 23 at 05:46
    I still have unused online codes for F1 2011 & 2012. One of each. You cannot buy them on the marketplace. These are still redeemable and usable of the redeem code item on Xbox 360. I am in the UK. Message me if interested.
  • Posted on 28 June 23 at 07:00
    Squeezefan said:
    I still have unused online codes for F1 2011 & 2012. One of each. You cannot buy them on the marketplace. These are still redeemable and usable of the redeem code item on Xbox 360. I am in the UK. Message me if interested.
    I'll PM you a little later if that's OK?
  • EduXPmasterEduXPmaster292,767
    Posted on 25 August 23 at 10:05
    Is it possible to gameshare vip pass?
    "Death carries a heavy price..."
  • Tatl360Tatl360465,220
    Posted on 25 August 23 at 14:41
    You can double box, yes. You download it on your main Xbox 360 and use the dummy on it. (Dummy needs Gold)

Then you can play in a secondary 360 with your account. (Considering your account redeemed the code)

Two discs needed.
  • EduXPmasterEduXPmaster292,767
    Posted on 26 August 23 at 14:16, Edited on 25 October 23 at 01:59 by EduXPmaster
    Tatl360 said:
    You can double box, yes. You download it on your main Xbox 360 and use the dummy on it. (Dummy needs Gold)

Then you can play in a secondary 360 with your account. (Considering your account redeemed the code)

Two discs needed.
    So, if someone gameshares the vip pass code with me, will I be able to play online with my account? Just asking because some dlc's on the 360 don't actually work when gamesharing.
    "Death carries a heavy price..."
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads